• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gasol deal could be on backburner

bigjmw84

We could be waiting for this NJ situation to play out.Check out this ScenarioBrooklyn receives: JJATL receives: Morrow, Farmar,Petro and Gerald Green in a S&T(3yr 12mil)We then trade Smoove, and Marvin to the Lakers for Pau Gasol & 1st round pickWe sign Matt Barnes to a small dealPG:Teague/FarmarSG:Morrow/JenkinsSF:Green/BarnesPF:Horford/Gasol/ScottC :Gasol/Zaza/PetroAbout 12 mil will come off the books at the end of the seasonWe could play an inside outside game, and allow Morrow, Jenkins, Horford, Farmar, Green to take advantage

I don't think so. The 2 deals don't fit together. Each trade would take us down an opposite path.If JJ is moved for expiring contracts then the plan is to start over with cap flexibility. It would then makes little sense to trade Smith's expiring contract for a $40 mill 2 year contract.

Edited by coachx

You said it... We don't trade a horrid contract for another horrid contract...

I had thought that same thing, but isn't Gasol's contract shorter? I know it's a few million less per year and Gasol at least does offer a skillset we don't currently have. A true player in the post.