• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have been quiet the past few day, what is Ferry scheming?

ATLscrubLove

It depends on what his goal is. Does he want to get the best pick possible and hope to strike gold in the lottery next year while clearing the room to have people join one or both of Horford and Smith and the lottery pick; does he want to stay competitive this year but only so far as it gives him the total flexibility he craves; does he actually want to win this year now that he has cleared off our bad contract and so he will be willing to ink people long-term as long as the contracts are good value.... He can go lots of different ways and us sucking for a year might be a plus under some scenarios.

I understand what you are saying, but watching Josh and Horford try and be our primary scorers is going to be painful as hell. For me and the ticket sales. No 100ppg there!

He's talking to the Heat for The King. Josh, Teague, and unlimited picks until Pat Riley dies. Win-Win.

LOL. Make it happen Ferry

I don't think Ferry is planning on building this team up for the next year. If he was, he wouldn't have traded a 6-time All-Star for spare parts. That made it pretty clear that his focus is clearing cap space for 2013, with a secondary goal of stockpiling future draft picks. So I don't think he is "scheming" anything. Listening to offers for our remaining tradeable assets, but that's it.

Agreed

I think everything is quiet because we can't sign anyone until the 11th anyways. Why let it be known who we are after?

Yea, the trades that he just made aren't even official til the 11th, he needs those pieces actually in place before he looks elsewhere.

Additionally I don't want to end up like Dalls is now - cleared all the cap space and have no free agents sign with them, hell they can't even re-sign their own players. Terry and Kidd - Gone, only Dirk I fell for him

How does your man feel about your falling for Dirk? Posted Image

Yea, the trades that he just made aren't even official til the 11th, he needs those pieces actually in place before he looks elsewhere.

How does your man feel about your falling for Dirk? Posted Image

Ha ha ha...u got me. Posted Image

At this point Ferry is definitely waiting out. Since we are not going to sign anyone to a long term deal and eat up cap space. At this point the plan has to be after the initial waves of players sign with other teams, let's see who is available. We have our MLE and other exceptions and I believe we are something like 12 million under cap so maybe someone slips through the cracks that signs for 1 year for our MLE once all better/longer term offers are gone. As is obvious, we need a SF.I think at this point I'd almost be surprised if there is another trade.

Let just hope we are not the Mavs of next year. Mavs have just completely failed in their attempt in this year FA Market. This was supposed to be a big offseason. Land Howard and Williams. Howard screws up and opts in. Pretty much destroying any chance of Deron joining the Mavs. Now they are sinking ship.

Let just hope we are not the Mavs of next year. Mavs have just completely failed in their attempt in this year FA Market. This was supposed to be a big offseason. Land Howard and Williams. Howard screws up and opts in. Pretty much destroying any chance of Deron joining the Mavs. Now they are sinking ship.

Yea for sure, can't have that happen