• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IM NOT HAPPY WITH FERRY UNLESS...

LastDon

Im not happy with Ferry unless he can get Jeff Green or Gerald Green or maybe Nick Young or OJ Mayo.. OJ or Young would be descent pickups if we plan on moving Josh to the 3. All of these young talented 2s available and we are standing pat basically trying to hand a starting spot to John Jenkins..SMH! If he is the "package" like Drew says he is, make him earn his spot against competition.. Not Pressing Brooklyn out of Marshon Brooks was dumb and I really don't agree with trading away the starting SF and not receiving one in return. Even though I feel like Devin Harris would fill Kirk's role nicely and be an upgrade with about equal D and a little less shooting ability but more penetration.Kirk had lost his ability to break the D down off the dribble and I'm glad we dump him. No way I would buy out Farmar for 1.5 and let him wasp his way back to the Lakers. And the AJC is reporting all this crap about the salary cap for 12-13 and us not having much cap space??Hawks have 50 million in salary for the upcoming season with possibly 12 players under contract, I thought Luxury tax territory was 70 mil?? These owners need to stop being cheap and get some young prospects here and stop selling the fans pipe dreams about possibly getting Dwight Howard..We could have had Mike Beasley who is an upgrade over Marvin for 6 mil a year. In 12-13 the only free agent I seen that the hawks will have an opportunity to sign is Al Jefferson.. This Cap space crap is over rated big time!! AND ANYONE WITH SENSE KNOWS THAT DWIGHT IS NOT COMING TO THE HAWKS SO FERRY AND THESE OWNERS NEED TO STOP PLAYING AND REPLACE SOME OF THIS LOST TALENT ASAP! IM REALLY GETTING SICK OF THE HAWKS!!

I agree Don that Ferry has not made a impressive move yet to me. He gave away a 6x all-star for a team that could be nothing but a headache next year with all those expirings. We still don't have a legit starting C. Our talent level was really depleted with those trades even the Harris trade is not that good. Utah has there reasons for taking on a extra year of Marvin without even getting a pick back and it is obvious to me that they don't think much of what Harris is at this point.

CP is not leaving a young talented team in LA of all places to come to a team that passed over him in the draft. And the free agent market for this season is going to dry up while we sit around and try and wait on Howard who is going to be eventually traded to the Lakers anyway.. I understand wanting capspace but some like Jeff Green would jump quick at a 1 yr 7million deal with the Hawks.. We are no where near the luxury tax and need to spend some of this money since we basically gave Joe away for nothing.. The dam pick from the nets will eventually turn into a second round pick in a few years..

I agree Don that Ferry has not made a impressive move yet to me. He gave away a 6x all-star for a team that could be nothing but a headache next year with all those expirings. We still don't have a legit starting C. Our talent level was really depleted with those trades even the Harris trade is not that good. Utah has there reasons for taking on a extra year of Marvin without even getting a pick back and it is obvious to me that they don't think much of what Harris is at this point.

I just hate that alot of the fan base are satisfied with the current construction of this roster when its clearly heavily flawed..The Joe Move could turn out to be a good one if we get some additional talent and get the huge hole we have on the wing filled. Anthony Morrow has no D or handles. If Morrow starts for the Hawks we will automatically be back in the Lottery.. Which is probably Ferry's plan anyway..

It is incredible how everyone on here has complained for years how our "core" has peaked. Ferry does the unthinkable and gets rid of a contract that said to be untradeable, doesn't have to pick up a less horrible contract, and gets a 1st rounder out of it and we still complain. The Marvin-Harris trade was beyond brilliant. Get rid of a mediocre player with a bad contract for a past all-star that is an expirer.

CP is not leaving a young talented team in LA of all places to come to a team that passed over him in the draft. And the free agent market for this season is going to dry up while we sit around and try and wait on Howard who is going to be eventually traded to the Lakers anyway.. I understand wanting capspace but some like Jeff Green would jump quick at a 1 yr 7million deal with the Hawks.. We are no where near the luxury tax and need to spend some of this money since we basically gave Joe away for nothing.. The dam pick from the nets will eventually turn into a second round pick in a few years..

Young talented team? Other than Blake Griffin (who Josh Smith is better than) who do the Clippers have? You think Chris Paul would not want to join Dwight and Josh to win championships....for Blake Griffin? Chris Paul was literally by himself against the Spurs in the playoffs. Edited by GameTime

I just hate that alot of the fan base are satisfied with the current construction of this roster when its clearly heavily flawed..The Joe Move could turn out to be a good one if we get some additional talent and get the huge hole we have on the wing filled. Anthony Morrow has no D or handles. If Morrow starts for the Hawks we will automatically be back in the Lottery.. Which is probably Ferry's plan anyway..

Who says we are satisfied? Don't you see everyone talking about CP3/Dwight? I haven't seen one fan say they are satisfied with this roster. Edited by GameTime

@Gametime maybe the comment about the clippers being young was a little off base but the clippers are contending now and no one is going to turn down an extra 20 mil in salary to not play in LA. Dumping Joe was the right thing now its time for Ferry and Co to spend some money NOW and get Joe's replacement because I surely don't think its the projected second round pick John Jenkins or Mr. D League All Star Anthony Morrow..and Dwight will be dumped to LA or New Jersey he will never touch the free agent market.

@Gametime maybe the comment about the clippers being young was a little off base but the clippers are contending now and no one is going to turn down an extra 20 mil in salary to not play in LA. Dumping Joe was the right thing now its time for Ferry and Co to spend some money NOW and get Joe's replacement because I surely don't think its the projected second round pick John Jenkins or Mr. D League All Star Anthony Morrow..and Dwight will be dumped to LA or New Jersey he will never touch the free agent market.

If it was the Lakers you would have a point, but it is the Clippers with no one but Blake Griffin to help him out. It really depends on how far the Clippers go in the playoffs and how much he has to carry them. If we are looking ahead for 2013 we don't need a full Joe replacement; nor can we find one in the market. I wouldn't be surprised if LA/NJ get Dwight, but we are not out of the running and have the best package/cap space. It really depends on what we are selling to Dwight and how he is feeling at the moment. BTW Jeff Green is rumored to a 4 yr, 40 million dollar deal. http://www.celticslife.com/2012/07/report-jeff-greens-contract-could-be-4.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hilarious how the majority becomes everyone in some minds. Not everyone is fantasizing about Howard and Paul. Some of us don't see it happening and would rather focus on more feasible things.

Hilarious how the majority becomes everyone in some minds. Not everyone is fantasizing about Howard and Paul. Some of us don't see it happening and would rather focus on more feasible things.

Like an overpaid borderline all-star free agent? We just got rid of one.
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, but for who or what exactly were you expecting the Hawks to net from trading Joe? I am in no way a Joe hater. I absolutely loved his game and what he brought to this team, but he simply never was nor will he ever be a franchise player. More power to him for the six All-Star appearances as it's quite a feat, but I don't think personal accolades alone can justify the trade as simply bad. The Hawks haven't been considered legitimate contenders under Joe Johnson's leadership for a single season, his contract restricts us in every way imaginable, we consistently exit the playoffs in the first or second round, and he's on the wrong side of 30. Couple all those factors and you really have to consider us fortunate for getting rid of him regardless of the talent we got back.
  • Like 1

The Market for guys like Nick Young, Mayo and J. Green and Gerald Green has dried up. We don't have to sacrifice future capspace, any of those guys would jump at an opportunity to start and play on a 1 yr deal in Atlanta for 6 or 7 million. I think Jeff Green would be an excellent fit for the hawks. I love his versatility, he is big, young and doesn't have the character issues of Gerald Green and Nick Young. I think he would address a need with the lost of Marvin at the forward spot. The kid is young and hungry, and then after proving himself on a one year deal he would be worth using the capspace on because we arent getting CP or Dwight people. Gerald Green would be a real wild card and would really turn Phillips into the highlight factory running the break with Josh, Al, and Teague.. Again I'm not against dumping Joe but just pissed that we are running around chasing the likes of Rashard Lewis who is 32 and a shell of himself when we could be making a serious play for one of these young studs who are available.. If we aren't sure about where they fit in our long term future then over pay them for one season because no other team has money to offer and that way we can keep our cap flexibility this summer. If Ferry can do that for me then I would be satisfied..

Edited by LastDon

These owners can try and hide it all they want but flipping Joe for 4 players and Hinrich coming off the books gives us major salary cap flexiblity RIGHT NOW! SPEND SOME OF THE DAM MONEY EVEN IF ITS JUST FOR ONE SEASON! THE FANS DESERVE IT AFTER HAVING OUR TEAM GUTTED AND RECEIVING NOTHING IN RETURN!

Glad for Jeff Green, good guy talented player who had some hard luck last season. But Gerald Green look like he turned the corner last year to me. I know he had some problems early in his career but he's just hitting his prime and Defense has impoved Tremendously. This guy is a beast defensively and when he gets to dunking that basketball in Phillips people are going to come see the Hawks play. New Jersey is capped out and we should overpay him for one season and see if last season was a fluke. We are one player away from still having an exciting team. I would rather have him than Mayo.. Green is 6'8 with All NBA D can shoot the trey and Jump out the gym.. We need to sign him..

Edited by LastDon

Gerald Green Lock Joe COMPLETELY DOWN in one of those games against New Jersey last season. I know alot of people only remember that highlight reel dunk he had last season but that kid had a solid season and deserves to be compensated..

5 more days till signing period, seems everyone in a rush to forecast the future. There's plenty of time to balance out the roster; i mean every offseason we feel like the front office never makes enough moves anyways.Pretty much every organization is resistant to change; so not surprised to see people worried.

This is the nba. Sadly it has been proven that feasible moves just put us on the same rat race wheel we have been on for 5 years. Good enough to make the playoffs, not good enough or star powered to get star calls enough to win a championship. The chances of us getting Dwight are very slim but they ARE there. It depends on what you are looking for as a fan. If you want to see us use the mle and lle on long term deals that make it impossible to get both Howard and another big time free agent just so we can get knocked out in the 1st round of the playoffs again, well that is your deal. I think most fans want this team to truely be a title contender even if it takes a backroom crap shoot punchers chance vs the devil to do it.