• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dan Uggla

sucks. Period. He is hitting .220 something, is on a record pace for strikeouts and is a big reason this team has been underachieving. I think it is a disgrace the fans voted this guy in as the starting second baseman for the all-star game. People are gonna see his stats when he goes up to the plate and be like what? How is this guy an all-star? If the Braves find themselves out of the race or still hovering around .500 nearing the trade deadline, I hope Wren is wise enough to realize this team as constructed is flawed and needs to be re-manned. And at the top of the list, I hope Uggla is on the trade block. You get rid of his contract for a couple of top prospects(if you can get them) and you focus on resigning Bourn. I Like Bourn, Prado, Simmons, Freeman and Heyward is in the process of redemption so he's still a wait and see. That's it with this lineup. Chipper will be gone. McCann, while historically being one of our best clutch hitters, will be too expensive for what you're getting. Please dump this season Wren and get some young prospects for 3rd or 2nd or outfield. This team is not that good. I still believe the young pitchers, Minor, Delgado, Teheran, Beachy have what it takes. They just need a little more time to develop.

, You guys got lucky ( Im a Yankees fan) on not having Bourne as an all-star because it just saved you a whole lotta $$$

Edited by Pmeehan

• 2 weeks later...

Uggla is an increadibly streaky hitter. He can pound the ball for a month and then not get a hit for a month. The thing is, you never know when he'll get hot and when he'll go cold. At the end of the season he'll be somewhere around .260/30/85 (ba/hr/rbi).

Okay. So here's some stats that show the ugliness that is Dan Uggla. Sine June 6th, he is hitting .117. For the month of June, he hit .160. So far this month, .135. He is on pace for a record amount of strikeouts. In his career with the Braves, he has hit over .300 one time. He has hit above .250 only 4 months total in his 10 months as a Brave. If you take away July and August of 2011, he is hitting .205 as a Brave. This is the one of the biggest reasons we are not winning. I know our starting pitching hasn't been great this year, but this guy is making it hard not to just want him gone. Hey Wren, call up Danny Ferry and get some lessons on how to get rid of bad contracts for underperforming players. Could we get at least one decent prospect for Dan Uggla? I'm not even sure.

He's really, really bad. He had that one torrid stretch last year, and he started decently this year. Other than those two runs, he has been abysmal.Add on top of what you sacrifice with him in the field in order to keep his stick in the lineup and you have a serious problem.He is the main reason the Braves have no shot against left handed pitching and he really, really needs to pick it up or get out of town on the first thing smokin'.