• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know the Dwight Dream was held tightly here, but...

ATL_BALLER

...with the new culture we're trying to build, I'd rather have an undersized Al, with his winning pedigree, heart and leadership, than the petulant, bigger-than-my-team destructive force Dwight has become. He's wrecked that franchise - single-handledly jettisoning a quality head coach with no intention of sticking around for a new one - then waffling under the guise of loyalty before cornering his team into a mediocre-at-best-deal. Meanwhile, amidst all these big 3s and crazy player agendas, I actually like our little rag-tag crew. And, for the first time in a long time, for better or worse, I'm excited by the unknown. I can embrace possibility, rather than resign myself to an inevitable second round exit and, even worse, the delusional spin from Gearon. Who knows? With some unforseen additions, and without Joe to rely on, this team just might surprise. Landing Mr. Ferry was perhaps the biggest prize of all - now let's see if a new dream unfolds.

Amen bretherin!

I still dont think this trade is going through. Too many things being reported that are false. That said I agree with some of your points. Al Horford is a role player in a league where you need superstars to win a title. I would roll the dice and send him and filler for Howard without an extension. I wouldnt give up him, Teague, 1st round picks and take on Duhon and Jrich unless he agreed to an extension.

Edited by NJHAWK

I'm interested to see if Ferry really tries to put a playoff team together, or if he resigns TMac, Pargo, Collins and someone at the LLE because I wouldn't want to use the capspace for a decent player that doesn't put us over the top but eats into our capspace and we don't get a good pick....But it is tempting to offer Mayo a multiyear low ball offer while his value is down. I think his value will be higher in a different scenario.

• Moderators

then waffling under the guise of loyalty before cornering his team into a mediocre-at-best-deal.

I don't see how his waffling hurt the Magic. They are in a stronger position today than they were at the trade deadline last year when he waffled. It was stupid for him because now could sign with the Nets if he hadn't extended his current deal. I think that was legitimate waffling and indecision because he really didn't want to come off looking like a bad guy so he decided to override the advice of his agent and extend for a year instead of just riding out the deal and moving on as an UFA.

• Moderators

I still dont think this trade is going through. Too many things being reported that are false. That said I agree with some of your points. Al Horford is a role player in a league where you need superstars to win a title. I would roll the dice and send him and filler for Howard without an extension. I wouldnt give up him, Teague, 1st round picks and take on Duhon and Jrich unless he agreed to an extension.

Al didn't make it to the All-Star game by being a "role player". The guy is a winner and hustles; the type of guy that EVERY team in the league wants. He'd average a double-double a night if he'd just get moved to his natural position. Zach Randolph started his career off great playing center, but after awhile, he began to struggle and he did struggle until Memphis wised up and put him next to a true center in Marc Gasol. The Hawks need to cut to the chase before Al gets on the wrong side of 30 and end up wasting, in my mind, potential, the next Karl Malone.

...with the new culture we're trying to build, I'd rather have an undersized Al, with his winning pedigree, heart and leadership, than the petulant, bigger-than-my-team destructive force Dwight has become.

He's wrecked that franchise - single-handledly jettisoning a quality head coach with no intention of sticking around for a new one - then waffling under the guise of loyalty before cornering his team into a mediocre-at-best-deal.

Meanwhile, amidst all these big 3s and crazy player agendas, I actually like our little rag-tag crew. And, for the first time in a long time, for better or worse, I'm excited by the unknown. I can embrace possibility, rather than resign myself to an inevitable second round exit and, even worse, the delusional spin from Gearon.

Who knows? With some unforseen additions, and without Joe to rely on, this team just might surprise. Landing Mr. Ferry was perhaps the biggest prize of all - now let's see if a new dream unfolds.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0dbwDc2FE

I agree with you ATL. I'd rather this team build through the old-school, Detroit way of building a team, the way Indiana is doing it, than to trade our best assets for a guy that obviously doesn't want to be in a Hawks uniform. If we can get Dwight next offseason in FAcy, then great, welcome aboard, but if he was traded to Atlanta, and he is still insistent on being a Net, it would only tarnish Dwight's image even more and leave Atlanta high and dry next offseason.

One of the main reasons Dwight wants to be in Brooklyn is because he has a clause in his contract with Adidas that pays him 3x's more if he is playing for the Knicks or Nets. And the man said that money wouldn't change him... SMH...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

I don't see how his waffling hurt the Magic. They are in a stronger position today than they were at the trade deadline last year when he waffled. It was stupid for him because now could sign with the Nets if he hadn't extended his current deal. I think that was legitimate waffling and indecision because he really didn't want to come off looking like a bad guy so he decided to override the advice of his agent and extend for a year instead of just riding out the deal and moving on as an UFA.

Fair enough, it makes sense that it was geniune, because it ruined his chances to leave for Brooklyn outright. Still, I'm not sure the Magic are in a stronger position today. I assume (perhaps wrongly) there were more possibilities then; now he undeniably has forced their hand with his Brooklyn-or-bust mandate.

Al didn't make it to the All-Star game by being a "role player". The guy is a winner and hustles; the type of guy that EVERY team in the league wants. He'd average a double-double a night if he'd just get moved to his natural position. Zach Randolph started his career off great playing center, but after awhile, he began to struggle and he did struggle until Memphis wised up and put him next to a true center in Marc Gasol. The Hawks need to cut to the chase before Al gets on the wrong side of 30 and end up wasting, in my mind, potential, the next Karl Malone.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0dbwDc2FE

I agree with you ATL. I'd rather this team build through the old-school, Detroit way of building a team, the way Indiana is doing it, than to trade our best assets for a guy that obviously doesn't want to be in a Hawks uniform. If we can get Dwight next offseason in FAcy, then great, welcome aboard, but if he was traded to Atlanta, and he is still insistent on being a Net, it would only tarnish Dwight's image even more and leave Atlanta high and dry next offseason.

Same sentiments here. Why beg for someone when they simply don't want to be here, period? And at the cost of a beast who's signed to a reasonable deal whose perfectly happy to be here? No thanks.

Related note: I know people would love to buy our own Big 3, but do we really want to win with that formula? I know, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, but that strategy just feels dirty to me - and less rewarding. Ask me again, though, when CP3 is throwing it up for Dwight at Phillips. Posted Image

• Premium Member

I don't understand why fans think it's a players obligation to help these teams make decisions. All we hear is how it's a business yet the "business" people are the ones who have no idea how real businesses are run.

Edited by NineOhTheRino