• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Call me crazy but....

Mdizzle5

• Premium Member

I don't believe in winshares or inflated stats. I believe in personality, chemistry, and talent. We talk about these guys like they are machines, but they're not. They're human. This team had no closer and moved the closest thing it had to a closer - and we somehow think we'll be....better? We added rookies...and we just gave MORE freedom to the one guy that shouldn't be jacking up shots.

Joe Johnson hate-crack has got some people high as a kite right now....

I don't think we'll be as bad as some people think, but we're certainly looking at a sub .500 to barely .500 ballclub. I can see us making the playoffs, but we're looking at the 7-8 seed, 6th at an absolute best. What that generally means is, you stop worrying about being competitive and you start thinking about the future.

• Like 2

Deron is worth about 8 wins, Joe 5-6, Wallace about 6, Humphries about 8, and Lopez about 2-3. That is 31 wins. They will need 10 wins from their bench just to reach 0.500.

SMH @ KB . . . you're much smarter than this man. Don't let your bias against a player drive you to something like this. If you're simply talking about Win Share . . . Josh led the team with 6.8. JJ was right behind him with 6.4 wins. JJ was by far the leader in Offensive Win Share with 4.4 wins. Josh was by far the leader in Defensive Win Share with 4.9 wins ( led the NBA in Defensive Win Shares ). Now here's the kicker. I can name 4 games during the regular season right off the top of my head that JJ was DIRECTLY INVOLVED with that team winning the game in the 4th quarter or overtime of that game ( Detroit, Cleveland, Utah, Boston ). And this doesn't include the countless other games in which he either scored enough, or defended well enough, to have a significant hand in the victory. The Win Share stat is good, but it isn't a definitive indicator on who ACTUALLY wins games or not. I mean, even the Win Share per 48 stat that you put stock in, sees Marvin being #2 on the team in WS48 ( .156 ) and Zaza #3 ( .147 ). Josh Smith was 5th ( .139 ). So are we to believe that on a Per 48 minute basis, that Marvin and Zaza were more important to winning than Josh Smith? Lebron James led the league in Win Share with 14.5. But Lebron provided far more "actual wins" for the Heat, than 14.5 wins. He was probably directly responsible for about 85% of their wins this year. Edited by northcyde

• Premium Member

SMH @ KB . . . you're much smarter than this man. Don't let your bias against a player drive you to something like this. If you're simply talking about Win Share . . . Josh led the team with 6.8. JJ was right behind him with 6.4 wins. JJ was by far the leader in Offensive Win Share with 4.4 wins. Josh was by far the leader in Defensive Win Share with 4.9 wins ( led the NBA in Defensive Win Shares ). Now here's the kicker. I can name 4 games during the regular season right off the top of my head that JJ was DIRECTLY INVOLVED with that team winning the game in the 4th quarter or overtime of that game ( Detroit, Cleveland, Utah, Boston ). And this doesn't include the countless other games in which he either scored enough, or defended well enough, to have a significant hand in the victory. The Win Share stat is good, but it isn't a definitive indicator on who ACTUALLY wins games or not. I mean, even the Win Share per 48 stat that you put stock in, sees Marvin being #2 on the team in WS48 ( .156 ) and Zaza #3 ( .147 ). Josh Smith was 5th ( .139 ). So are we to believe that on a Per 48 minute basis, that Marvin and Zaza were more important to winning than Josh Smith? Lebron James led the league in Win Share with 14.5. But Lebron provided far more "actual wins" for the Heat, than 14.5 wins. He was probably directly responsible for about 85% of their wins this year.

There's no use talking to him about this. I am absolutely convinced he is trolling the board with these "advanced metrics" just to goad people into a reaction. His actual counting up the win share totals of the Nets players and thinking it only means they'll win 31 games is just too laughable to be taken seriously.

And a funny thing about the "rapid decline" in Joe Johnson. He played in 60 games last year, shot 45% FG and 39% 3FG. He plays in 60 of the 66 games ( 91% ) and posted a Win Share of 6.4Not outstanding by any means. Good, but not outstanding.6.4 win share / 60 games = approx .107 win share per game.Had the Hawks played an 82 game season, and JJ played in 91% of them ( 75 games ) . . . JJ would've posted a win share of 8Once again . . not outstanding, but good.That 8 win share would've been the 2nd highest of his career.The only thing in decline about JJ last year, was his shot attempts and FT attempts, which was at 15.5 FGA and 3.1 FTA last year. But it's the FGA that have been the most in decline since Drew took over as coach, and made it a point to "diversify" the offense.With all the talk about JJ "pounding the ball", it was Josh Smith that led the Hawks in usage last season at 28.4% . . . a higher usage than at ANY POINT in JJ's career. It was Smith that lead the team in shot attempts, despite having an offensive rating that ranked 10th on the team.What I want to know, is how Drew is going to convince Smith to NOT take 40% - 50% of his shots from 16+ feet, after he has basically given him the green light to take that shot for the past 2 years?