• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: TheCampsters Comparisons - Hawks vs

thecampster

Hawks vs NetsWith all of the talk about the Hawks taking a step back (something I don't agree with since they played without Horford last year), I decided to do some comparisons.PG - Teague vs WilliamsAdvantage Nets but remembering Teague has shown an ability to limit quality point guardsSG - Harris vs JJAdvantage even - Yes, you heard me...even. JJ can't guard Harris and the feeling is mutual. JJ is too big for Harris who is too fast for JJ. JJ's unwillingness to rebound, help on D, create contact and propensity to hold the ball too long breaks this down to even. Harris is a better distributor, capable shot maker/creator and he draws fouls.SF - Josh vs WallaceAdvantage Hawks. Yes I have Josh at the SF but until the Hawks find a quality starting SF, Zaza at the 5 is a better model than Korver at the 3. Josh is just too much for Wallace at this stage of Wallace's career. I will keep this model through future comparisons.PF - Horford vs....it doesn't matter. As a PF with a decent center, Horford beats all but a handful of guys in the NBA right now.C - Zaza vs LopezThis is a tie. Zaza is a better rebounder, quality defender. Lopez is better offensively but is injury prone and is shy of contact.Bench - As currently constructed, the Hawks bench is better than almost every team in the NBA.With Morrow, Korver, Jenkins, alone they have more firepower than most NBA teams on the bench. Add in Petro, Williams, Stephenson and the Hawks will struggle to settle on a finite 8 - 9 man rotation.Coaching - Drew needs to show something this year. Until he does, the Hawks will lose this to most playoff capable teams.In Closing, I don't see this year's team finishing worse than the Nets. Williams and JJ can only take you so far against big teams. The Nets will lose to Big or Athletic teams more times than not.

Hawks vs KnicksContinuing the series in the time I can.PG - Teague vs FeltonTeague wins this matchup. Defensively holding Felton down hard and having enough offense of his own to win decisively. At this stage of his career, I believe Teague wins vs Jason Kidd as wellSG - Harris vs JR SmithHarris speed and playmaking ability makes this an easy win over JR Smith who is a good player but can not guard Harris.SF - Smith vs AnthonyAs much as I love Josh, I'm giving the edge to Anthony here. In recent years, Anthony has been a more willing defender and Josh's offensive game doesn't match Anthony's. This is only close based on Josh's willingness to share the ball and better defense.PF - Horford vs StoudemireBest matchup by far. Horford gets the edge based on defense but this is really nothing more than a tie.C - Zaza vs ChandlerThe puncher doesn't have a chance vs Chandler who is still one of the least flashy but most effective centers in the game. Man I wish we had him.Bench - The Hawks bench with Lou Williams, Morrow, Korver, Jenkins and company will keep almost every bench this year on the run as they try to find a way to match point for point with the Hawks.Coaching - I hate Woody. I don't care if he did a decent job at the end of the year last year. I'd like to shave his eyebrows again. Advantage Drew on class alone.Conclusion - I like the Knicks and think they'll make the playoffs as the 5th or 6th seed but I don't see them as better than the current Hawks.

Deron better than TeagueJoe better than HarrisWallace better than korverSmoove better than humphrieshorford more complete than LopezAdvantage nets by 1BenchLou vs marshon. Lou winsEvans vs zaza. Zaza winsTelotovic vs morrow. Who knows but morrowJenkins vs ? JenkinsAdvantage hawks +4Overall hawks +3

Scrub listMilwaukeeCharlotteWashington (though they will be better)Orlando (once they lose Dwight)Toronto (though depending on health they could be better)DetroitCleveland (which totally sucks as I love Varejao)I don't see any of these teams making the playoffs. I'm just getting them out of the way now. Orlando is the Bubble team in my opinion based on how the Dwight saga goes. I believe they will push Philly out if they make it. Philly has lost too much.

Bottom line is when the hawks MANY shooters are on they will be hard to beat. Hawks are average on defense and loaded with shooters. No matter what there will be a lot of points on the board

This is very true. You can no longer just pack it in on the Hawks. I expect good years from Josh, Al, Zaza. As of right now, though. They have said Harris will play alongside Teague. I'm guessing they both start, early entrance from Lou and one plays the point when Lou is in the game. Harris will play both positions this year.

SMH Camp. Why do this to yourself man?Teague is nowhere near on Deron's level. And Devin Harris isn't on JJ's level. Or did you forget how JJ DESTROYED THE JAZZ last season in that triple OT game?Even when you try to put Josh Smith at SF, he may be a better player overall than Wallace, but he isn't a better SF than Wallace. Horford is better than any PF. And no one is taking Zaza over Lopez, unless they bring up Lopez's propensity to get hurt all the time. But on the floor? Nah. Lopez > Zaza

• Like 1

SMH Camp. Why do this to yourself man? Teague is nowhere near on Deron's level. And Devin Harris isn't on JJ's level. Or did you forget how JJ DESTROYED THE JAZZ last season in that triple OT game? Even when you try to put Josh Smith at SF, he may be a better player overall than Wallace, but he isn't a better SF than Wallace. Horford is better than any PF. And no one is taking Zaza over Lopez, unless they bring up Lopez's propensity to get hurt all the time. But on the floor? Nah. Lopez > Zaza

5 game sample last year...Lopez averaged 3.6 Rebounds. Previous season, 6 rebounds in over 30 minutes a game. That is a soft center. We've had this argument before. Basketball is much more than your scoring average. Lopez is very, very soft defensively and rebounding.

5 game sample last year...Lopez averaged 3.6 Rebounds. Previous season, 6 rebounds in over 30 minutes a game. That is a soft center. We've had this argument before. Basketball is much more than your scoring average. Lopez is very, very soft defensively and rebounding.

And Zaza can't come close to doing this http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4ddNzF4bA Heck, Horford and Smith can't do this in the post.

And Zaza can't come close to doing this http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS4ddNzF4bA Heck, Horford and Smith can't do this in the post.

Smith career high Smith 38 vs bucks. Horford 31 (twice) on 13 shots. But whatever. Zaza = rebounds and defense. Lopez = scoring and a broken foot. Don't think for a minute Lopez continues to get those touches with Williams and JJ now in town.

Lopez will get better shots with JJ and Deron in the mix. And while his rebounding has always been mediocre, the Nets have two of the highest rebound % guys in the NBA in the form of Kris Humphries and Reggie Evans.And let's keep it real about Zaza. Zaza rebounds a lot of his own misses when he can't finish a lay-up. He played very well ( for him ) last year. 8 points - 8 rebounds - 50% FG . . . that's great for Zaza. Zaza is a solid backup center in the NBA.Meanwhile, Lopez is a top 5 offensive center in the league that teams actually have to prepare for.Lopez > Zaza

Lopez will get better shots with JJ and Deron in the mix. And while his rebounding has always been mediocre, the Nets have two of the highest rebound % guys in the NBA in the form of Kris Humphries and Reggie Evans. And let's keep it real about Zaza. Zaza rebounds a lot of his own misses when he can't finish a lay-up. He played very well ( for him ) last year. 8 points - 8 rebounds - 50% FG . . . that's great for Zaza. Zaza is a solid backup center in the NBA. Meanwhile, Lopez is a top 5 offensive center in the league that teams actually have to prepare for. Lopez > Zaza

Less than 4 months to find out.