• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now That The Schedule Is Released, Which Games Are You Looking Forward To/Attending?

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators
http://www.nba.com/gameline/hawks/ JJ's back in town on January 16th... Was hoping I'd be able to get to go to that game, but I'll be back in school by then. Hope fans cheer him more than boo. He'll also be back on March 9th. Marvin's return is January 11th and Lou's return to Philly is December 21st. Single game tickets go on sale for all 30 teams right around Halloween. As of right now, I'm looking at attending 3 games this season, two of which are on the road. December 8th @ Memphis (1.5 hour drive from Tupelo), December 15th vs. Golden State (day before the Giants/Falcons game I'll be at), and January 4th @ Detroit (I'll be visiting family in Detroit for multiple birthdays). Love going to road games more than home games, I love the heckling fans... lol Note: I noticed that a thread was already started talking about the schedule, but I intend this thread to be more about which games people will attend... Also, are there any season ticket holders?

I'm really hoping I can be in attendance for Joe's first Atlanta return. If my class/job schedule permits it, there is no way I'm going to miss out on the chance to cheer for Joe when he comes out of the gate. I won't clap or shout when he scores a point, gets a stop, rebound, or assist, but a warm welcome out of the gate is the least we owe him.

• Moderators

I'm holding off on season tix until 2013-14, but will probably hit up 6-8 games this year. I've got a good chance of catching the Hawks in Charlotte and/or Orlando as well.November looks to be a lot of fun, staring with Linsanity and finishing up with Uncle Drew, with The Champs and Blake Grifffin in between. We get all the division opponents in Philips that month. I like the home matchup with the Pacers (Horford picking up where he left off) so I'll probably go to that one. The first home game against the Magic has potential for hilarity to ensue, depending on who's still on their roster, so that's a possibility, too.All I want before Christmas is a victory over the Bulls. The Thunder play in the home game before that.January is Homecoming Month with Marvin and Joe back at Philips within a week of each other. It helps a ton that we don't get the Celtics until the turn of the calendar, but Jason Terry and the gang will visit twice in three weeks. The Wolves game was one of the big rollercoaster games last year and should be fun to watch again, this time on MLK Day.ESPN saved their first televised game at the Highlight Factory until the first game after the All-Star break, versus the Heat, so that should be entertaining. The circus must be coming later in the month this year.Kobe and Nash in March, 'nuff said. I like the matchup with the Suns, who will have to beware the Hawks on the Ides of March two nights later.Not many big homestands on the schedule, but the late March-early April four-game stretch (Magic, Cavs, Knicks on ESPN, Sixers) will help the Hawks establish their playoff seeding.Dates in pencil for now:11/7 Pacers11/23 @Bobcats12/22 Bulls1/5 Celtics1/21 T'wolves2/13 @Magic3/15 Suns4/1 Cavs OR 4/5 Sixers~lw3

My goal is to always make at least one game a month, plus the MLK Day game ( which is against Minnesota this year )vs Miami ( Nov 9th )vs LA Clippers ( Thanksgiving weekend )vs Golden St ( Dec 15th )vs Minnesota ( MLK Day - Jan 21st ) . . . might check out the Spurs on the 19th that Saturday nightvs Sacramento ( Feb 22nd )vs Brooklyn ( Mar 9th )vs Sixers ( Apr 5th )To me, it doesn't matter who they play. I just go to watch the Hawks play.

• Moderators

I wish I lived closer to Atlanta so that I could go to games more often... I haven't seen the Hawks play live in about 5 years. I am making sure that I get out to at least one home game this year. If I lived in Atlanta, I would be at least a partial plan owner.

I have requested opening night ticketes for my birthday from my husband for the past 4 years - so I will continue with that request. It's always a fun atmosphere with free stuff, usually a packed house and anticipation for the season.After that I will attend whatever games by budget allows, mostly weekend games.

Edited by JayBirdHawk