• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why do all of my posts get blown out of proportion?

ATLscrubLove

Seriously, no matter what I post on here it gets really off topic. I don't really understand why this happens. People arguing on why the Hawks can't fill up an arena... Lol. Now let's see if this post gets off topic...

Seriously, no matter what I post on here it gets really off topic. I don't really understand why this happens. People arguing on why the Hawks can't fill up an arena... Lol. Now let's see if this post gets off topic...

Because its the offseason. Just wait until someone shoots 3-13 during the season. Mass hysteria.

Its called "Leading the discussion" I am not sure about your other post but if you are referring to your bobble head topic, your title and some of the sentences that you used in that thread led to the discussion of support (or lack there of) and filling up arenas. An example would be if I posted a topic saying that Josh Smith is the best big man on the Hawks squad, you may or may not be legitimately trying to give Josh some props but eventually that topic will lead to a discussion or "start an argument" on how Al is better, which will then eventually lead to posters finding ways to trash both players. Hope that answers your question.
  • Like 2

Its called "Leading the discussion" I am not sure about your other post but if you are referring to your bobble head topic, your title and some of the sentences that you used in that thread led to the discussion of support (or lack there of) and filling up arenas. An example would be if I posted a topic saying that Josh Smith is the best big man on the Hawks squad, you may or may not be legitimately trying to give Josh some props but eventually that topic will lead to a discussion or "start an argument" on how Al is better, which will then eventually lead to posters finding ways to trash both players. Hope that answers your question.

Lol, lack there of. I know about how it is here in Atlanta. I'm actually from here. I'm pretty sure no one wants you to lead a discussion. You are obviously oblivious to why the city is in the predicament it's been in ( for the most part ) the past few years. There are too many transplants here that rep there team. Plus it doesn't help that we haven't had a superstar in about 20 years. No tradition + overall trash players = no attendance and no fans.

Lol, lack there of. I know about how it is here in Atlanta. I'm actually from here. I'm pretty sure no one wants you to lead a discussion. You are obviously oblivious to why the city is in the predicament it's been in ( for the most part ) the past few years. There are too many transplants here that rep there team. Plus it doesn't help that we haven't had a superstar in about 20 years. No tradition + overall trash players = no attendance and no fans.

First of all, let me start by saying that I was just trying to legitimately answer your question, you can take my answer however you want to. Now lets discuss your response, yes I did say lack there of, is there a question about the lack of support that the Hawks get from atliens???? And if I am so oblivious please enlighten me on the predicament that Atlanta is in as it pertains to sports teams, I am very interested to hear what you have to say about that. You cant blame this on transplants did you hear the crowed chanting Atl during the playoffs for the past two years? Tell me this what good is a "superstar" if you are not winning games or advancing? In my book if you are putting up superstar nimbers :) then why does it matter? And lastly how dare you call the players that play for YOUR home town trash??? Do you really believe that Josh, Al, Joe (gone now) were trash players? You cannot be serious.

Firstly Horford I like, Smoove does too many stupid things on the court for me to call him a star player. Also, for Joe to be in the top 10 highest paid players the league... HIs numbers didn't support it. Do you know how many scrubs we've had on this team in the past 10 years? A lot... Too many to count. The predicament our sports teams are in, talking Hawks and Falcons, has been pretty bad. Pertaining to being extreme let downs the past 5 years. Plus no one really wants to play here, at least with Hawks. The Falcons have a stacked team but still can't win a playoff game. There is a reason the city of Atlanta was rated #1 as most miserable sports city in the U.S. this year. We have good enough teams but they always let us down.As far as the crowd chanting "ATL" that was only literally half of the arena. The entire other half of the arena were Celtics fans, and they were much louder overall. We need a superstar, obviously this team isn't going anywhere without one. Name one championship team the past 20 years that didn't have at least one superstar on their team. Or at least a few all-stars. 2012 Heat: LeBron, D-wade 2011 Mavs : Dirk 2010 Lakers: Kobe, Bynum, Gasol2009 Lakers : Kobe, Bynum, Gasol2008 Celtics : KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo2007 Spurs : Duncan, Ginobli, Parker2006 Heat : D-wade, Shaq2005 Spurs : Duncan, Ginobli, Parker2004 Pistons : Rip, Tay, Wallace's 2003 Spurs : Duncan, Ginobli, Parker2002 Lakers : Kobe, Shaq2001 Lakers : Kobe, Shaq2000 Lakers : Kobe, Shaq1999 Spurs : Duncan, David Robinson 1998 Bulls : MJ, Scottie Pippen1997 Bulls : MJ, Pippen1996 Bulls : MJ, Pippen1995 Rockets : Hakeem, Drexler1994 Rockets : Hakeem1993 Bulls : MJ, Pippen1992 Bulls : MJ, PippenNo stars = No Championship

• Moderators

This can't help but make me think that Sheldon Williams was a really bad pick.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Seriously, no matter what I post on here it gets really off topic. I don't really understand why this happens. People arguing on why the Hawks can't fill up an arena... Lol.

Now let's see if this post gets off topic...

I find the best posts are the ones that create additional discussion with varying takes. You're a very good poster. Do take it as a diss that people don't always agree with your viewpoints.

Besides this is only the internet. How do we know this is really happening? It's been a theory of mine for years that internet people are really creations of a massive government super-computer designed to keep me distracted while the aliens take over. Are you people actually people?

Posted Image

Edited by NineOhTheRino

"Firstly Horford I like, Smoove does too many stupid things on the court for me to call him a star player. Also, for Joe to be in the top 10 highest paid players the league... HIs numbers didn't support it."

Sooooooo you think that they are trash because they are not "supserstars"???? hmm ok. How does Joe's pay grade help support your ridiculous comment?

"The predicament our sports teams are in, talking Hawks and Falcons, has been pretty bad. Pertaining to being extreme let downs the past 5 years. Plus no one really wants to play here, at least with Hawks. The Falcons have a stacked team but still can't win a playoff game. There is a reason the city of Atlanta was rated #1 as most miserable sports city in the U.S. this year. We have good enough teams but they always let us down."

Have the Hawks really been an EXTREME let down in the past 5 years? Year 1 taking Boston (the champions) to 7 games when the Hawks weren't even suppose to be in the playoffs. Year 2 being taken you by the mighty king James (don't think that that would happen today). Year 3 being stomped by the Magic (this was an extreme let down). Year 4 beating the magic when the Hawks were expected not to win a game but then losing to the bull while being competitive. Year 5 being beat by Boston which can arguably be one of the worst screw jobs I have seen by a refs. With all of that said, I see 1 EXTREME let down, maaaaybe 2. The expectations a set very high for the Falcons. The perception of the Falcons is very good so people expect them to win year after year, so I can see how this would be a let down.

"As far as the crowd chanting "ATL" that was only literally half of the arena. The entire other half of the arena were Celtics fans, and they were much louder overall".

LOL....so exactly how are you measuring this? I am sure someone in sports science would love to know the system to which you can measure how half of a crowd is saying one thing and the other half is not. I was there for two of those games and I can say that it sure didn't sound like half of an arena.

"We need a superstar, obviously this team isn't going anywhere without one. Name one championship team the past 20 years that didn't have at least one superstar on their team. Or at least a few all-stars".

I really don't have to answer this, because you already wrote them down. I would say the Pistons and Spurs, maaaybe the Mavs (dirk is in between if you ask me). These teams had stars but not "superstars", IMO the only superstars in this league are Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Derick Rose, Kevin Durant and D12 I may be missing 1 or 2 but you get my point.

Tell me this hypothetically speaking, and I really want you to think about this and be real. If the Hawks would have won a championship one of those 5 years that they were in the playoffs, who would people add on that list that you just put down? I guarantee you people would say "look the Hawks had Joe an allstar, Al an allstar, and Josh Smith who is a beast and one of the best at his position. Do you see how this works?

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

I find the best posts are the ones that create additional discussion with varying takes. You're a very good poster. Do take it as a diss that people don't always agree with your viewpoints.

Besides this is only the internet. How do we know this is really happening? It's been a theory of mine for years that internet people are really creations of a massive government super-computer designed to keep me distracted while the aliens take over. Are you people actually people?

Posted Image

Lol.....we are in the Matrix, MUUHAHAHAHA

"Firstly Horford I like, Smoove does too many stupid things on the court for me to call him a star player. Also, for Joe to be in the top 10 highest paid players the league... HIs numbers didn't support it."

Sooooooo you think that they are trash because they are not "supserstars"???? hmm ok. How does Joe's pay grade help support your ridiculous comment?

"The predicament our sports teams are in, talking Hawks and Falcons, has been pretty bad. Pertaining to being extreme let downs the past 5 years. Plus no one really wants to play here, at least with Hawks. The Falcons have a stacked team but still can't win a playoff game. There is a reason the city of Atlanta was rated #1 as most miserable sports city in the U.S. this year. We have good enough teams but they always let us down."

Have the Hawks really been an EXTREME let down in the past 5 years? Year 1 taking Boston (the champions) to 7 games when the Hawks weren't even suppose to be in the playoffs. Year 2 being taken you by the mighty king James (don't think that that would happen today). Year 3 being stomped by the Magic (this was an extreme let down). Year 4 beating the magic when the Hawks were expected not to win a game but then losing to the bull while being competitive. Year 5 being beat by Boston which can arguably be one of the worst screw jobs I have seen by a refs. With all of that said, I see 1 EXTREME let down, maaaaybe 2. The expectations a set very high for the Falcons. The perception of the Falcons is very good so people expect them to win year after year, so I can see how this would be a let down.

"As far as the crowd chanting "ATL" that was only literally half of the arena. The entire other half of the arena were Celtics fans, and they were much louder overall".

LOL....so exactly how are you measuring this? I am sure someone in sports science would love to know the system to which you can measure how half of a crowd is saying one thing and the other half is not. I was there for two of those games and I can say that it sure didn't sound like half of an arena.

"We need a superstar, obviously this team isn't going anywhere without one. Name one championship team the past 20 years that didn't have at least one superstar on their team. Or at least a few all-stars".

I really don't have to answer this, because you already wrote them down. I would say the Pistons and Spurs, maaaybe the Mavs (dirk is in between if you ask me). These teams had stars but not "superstars", IMO the only superstars in this league are Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Derick Rose, Kevin Durant and D12 I may be missing 1 or 2 but you get my point.

Tell me this hypothetically speaking, and I really want you to think about this and be real. If the Hawks would have won a championship one of those 5 years that they were in the playoffs, who would people add on that list that you just put down? I guarantee you people would say "look the Hawks had Joe an allstar, Al an allstar, and Josh Smith who is a beast and one of the best at his position. Do you see how this works?

Joes pay had a lot to do with it. Sure he would put up good numbers in a few games last year but he only averages 18 PPG. He should've averaged roughly 25 PPG. It just seemed to me that the contract got to his head and he didn't care as much anymore. That's my opinion.

And yes us losing to Boston in 2008 in 7 games was still a let down, even though that was the first time the Hawks did anything memorable in years. Because we still lost the series, the team built up a lot of hype but couldn't win on the road. Game 7 was horrendous. So it was a great year in terms of how bad the team had been but it was still an early exit in the playoffs, not too impressive.

We will see how good Smoove can be this year since he will be the go to scorer. He still has a chance to become a superstar, but he has to stop taking jumpers. He's the type of athlete that will draw a croud of thousands to watch his dunks and blocks. Horford is my favorite player but he is more or less just a solid allstar, which is fine by me. All I'm saying is we need a legitimate superstar, if smoove can become one great. But we will see if the organization and lure D12 or CP3 here next season.

Joes pay had a lot to do with it. Sure he would put up good numbers in a few games last year but he only averages 18 PPG. He should've averaged roughly 25 PPG. It just seemed to me that the contract got to his head and he didn't care as much anymore. That's my opinion. And yes us losing to Boston in 2008 in 7 games was still a let down, even though that was the first time the Hawks did anything memorable in years. Because we still lost the series, the team built up a lot of hype but couldn't win on the road. Game 7 was horrendous. So it was a great year in terms of how bad the team had been but it was still an early exit in the playoffs, not too impressive. We will see how good Smoove can be this year since he will be the go to scorer. He still has a chance to become a superstar, but he has to stop taking jumpers. He's the type of athlete that will draw a croud of thousands to watch his dunks and blocks. Horford is my favorite player but he is more or less just a solid allstar, which is fine by me. All I'm saying is we need a legitimate superstar, if smoove can become one great. But we will see if the organization and lure D12 or CP3 here next season.

Ok lets try this, if LBJ or Kobe Bryant were paid a billion dollars to play basketball....does that make them trash players?? (im going to let you think about that one). To your second point, we would just have to agree to disagree on that one, for me it was like watching Peter Pan almost knock out superman....lol. Yes we will see how this season turns out, I am very interested to see how the Hawks will handle things without Joe.

• Moderators

When Duncan was winning championships, he was better than almost everyone on that list. (Lebron may have the edge.) I wouldn't use the Spurs as an example of a team that didn't have a superstar. That guy is a stud first-ballot HOFer who could be a stud on any kind of roster playing any kind of system and with or without the ball running through him on offense.

• Like 1

Ok lets try this, if LBJ or Kobe Bryant were paid a billion dollars to play basketball....does that make them trash players?? (im going to let you think about that one). To your second point, we would just have to agree to disagree on that one, for me it was like watching Peter Pan almost knock out superman....lol. Yes we will see how this season turns out, I am very interested to see how the Hawks will handle things without Joe.

No the point is just with Joe. LeBron and Kobe go out and can drop 25 from the time you throw a quarter in the air til the time it hits the floor ( figuratively speaking ). Joe used to Light it up from the court but the. Numbers dont lie, 18 ppg isn't horrendous but it isn't the Joe numbers we had come to expect.

When Duncan was winning championships, he was better than almost everyone on that list. (Lebron may have the edge.) I wouldn't use the Spurs as an example of a team that didn't have a superstar. That guy is a stud first-ballot HOFer who could be a stud on any kind of roster playing any kind of system and with or without the ball running through him on offense.

I guess you would have to define what you mean by superstar, we all know that Duncan played like a superstar, but is/was he by definition a super star? But yes the guy is a true Hall of Famer and deserves to be mentioned as one of the best at his position. Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

No the point is just with Joe. LeBron and Kobe go out and can drop 25 from the time you throw a quarter in the air til the time it hits the floor ( figuratively speaking ). Joe used to Light it up from the court but the. Numbers dont lie, 18 ppg isn't horrendous but it isn't the Joe numbers we had come to expect.

LMAO ok, so Joe is just trash screw it. I am sooooo glad that the Nets do not believe that. RIGHT? Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

LMAO ok, so Joe is just trash screw it. I am sooooo glad that the Nets do not believe that. RIGHT?

Joe isn't trash but he didn't live up to expectations. He is more of a solid 2-3 option on a team. Kinda like when he was with the Suns.

Joe isn't trash but he didn't live up to expectations. He is more of a solid 2-3 option on a team. Kinda like when he was with the Suns.

exactly. just because Joe could create his own shot people automatically assumed he was a #1 option. He never was/is/or will be.