• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Getting more worried by the day... Will 2013 be a F/A pool or pond?

ATLscrubLove

With recent developments, Harden signing the max in Houston and Curry signing a 4 year $44 mill deal. I'm getting more and more worried about the direction of this team. I can honestly say I didn't want Harden here anyways, I believe he is JJ 2.0, nonetheless it seems the free agent pool for 2013 is growing slimmer. Also, with Dallas having more cap room than anyone in the NBA, I fear the worst is to come. Players will much rather opt to play in Dallas. They have a recent history of winning plus a superstar in Dirk... We have neither. Posted Image

I mean sure there are still a few more decent guys left in the pool, but I don't think Ferry came here for a team of mediocrity. I know he has plans on the whole "super team 2013" Posted Image mirage, but that is very doubtful. I am almost certain D12 will stay in LA or go to Dallas. We may have a glimmer of hope for CP3 but I highly doubt he will want to come to the ATL with no real "stars" alongside him. There will be some decent players left but not many that will consider ATL. Maybe players opinions will change about the A within the next year ( hopefully ). Either way the Hawks are in a "good" situation for the summer of 2013 but with the pool drying up I feel we may end up floating in a shallow pond.

We may be better suited to deal Smoove this season and get some spare parts/picks for him. Even if he would want to re-sign here, someone will offer him a max deal or close to it next year. We would be idiotic to match that for a guy like Smoove. If Smoove truly likes the direction of the team and wants us to do well than he will take less money. Just like what Chipper Jones did with the Braves a few years ago to bring in some guys that would help the team. Posted Image

Anyways I have faith in Ferrry, he will bring us to the promise land... Eventually. Posted Image

Edited by ATLscrubLove

Everybody needs to calm down, our season is ahead of us. At least let's see what this season has in store before getting all doom and gloom about next years FA'cy. Rome was not built in a day. I dooubt Ferry has all his eggs in the 2013 FA market.

• Moderators

...and the last thing we need to worry about is Harden and Curry. Teague WILL be resigned and so will Smith. We have Horford, Williams, and others. We need an elite C or a true SF. Both will be available in 2013. 2013 Free Agency Class Alllooottt of good players on that list. Guaranteed that Ferry snags at least one or two...

• Like 1

...and the last thing we need to worry about is Harden and Curry. Teague WILL be resigned and so will Smith. We have Horford, Williams, and others. We need an elite C or a true SF. Both will be available in 2013. 2013 Free Agency Class Alllooottt of good players on that list. Guaranteed that Ferry snags at least one or two...

Iggy maybe? would be good at the 3. As for center I have no clue.

• Premium Member

As for center i would go with Nikola Peković.true power center.had opportunity to watch him in live.that guy is scary.imagine pekovic and ivan together on the floor...

I love Pekovic's play. He is criminally underrated for how good he is.