• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know this forum to voice your opinion, but

JTFan31

there are ways to voice your opinion and there are was that some of your just bash every single hawk and the team and coach....and I believe that is the worn way to do it, disgusting wrong. I get disgusted to know that Diesel, Hotlanta, and playmaker are Hawk fans.

Yes this forum is to voice your opinion but the way you guys do it is terribly disgusting. Basically you guys want Stotts, Reef and JT gone, now WTF is that? Just because one freaking game you guys are going nuts and want to rebuild, heck dude we been rebuilding for 4 years now I dont want to start all over again and have the analyst laugh more about us.

Yes we might not be the best team nor JT might not be the best PG in the league but heck our team plays with heart, because what I saw Wednesday they played tough, if it wasnt the TO's we would of blown out the Hornets right out of their Arena.

TO's can be figured out, just like every thing else. JT, Reef and Stotts will be alright, things will get better, is just one freaking game, get a grip. If we start all over and get rid of the Hawk stars

• Premium Member

You know what JTFan...

You're right.

Let's all be happy and make this place a Utopia. Filled with Good thoughts. Yes, the Hawks are going to the playoffs. Even better they are going to the finals. IN fact, I think that they will beat the Lakers 4-0 in the finals where JT will have a 20pt 21 assist average. Stotts will be coach of the year. JT will beat out Reef for MVP of the league.

Yes, let's think happy thoughts on this board. Then we can all get along. Then we can all be happy. Then we can all think alike...

The Hawks are the shiznit of the nba!!!!

Do you know how disgusting it is to hear that while knowing it's not true?

You see JTFan, I was once like you. I thought... Just give them a little time and they will get it together. However, the truth is that this team has floundered for the last 4 years. How much more time do they need JTfan?

Like I have said before, I am a realist.

I happen to like Reef and I don't think Reef is a bad player. In fact, I don't think that the Hawks have a bad player on the team.

Hendu who many of you blast is probably the best BU PF in the East... Maybe the League. He's just overpaid. JT is a good scoring guard... BUT he's not a PG yet. Theo is a good Shot blocker...Just an undersized C.

Now, we can do as you suggest and act as if nothing is wrong with this team... Or we can have a truthful conversation.

If you are disgusted with another opinion.. Then maybe you ought to check yourself? People always accuse me of thinking my opinion is the only opinion... However, what does it mean when you get disgusted when another opinion is brought to the table. Do you not know what a forum is? Maybe you need to make an Atlanta Hawk Love page. And then you can moderate it.. And then any thoughts that are contrary to yours, you can erase them... However, what would you have? It wouldn't be a forum...

No that is where you are absolutely wrong Diesel. I never said we should all agree or be happy and JT avg 20 points and 21 assists and MVP and crap like that. I never for once said none of that, but my problem with you, hotlanta and playmaker is that you guys bash the hawks and want to already trade from JT to Reef and get Stotts fired just because one freaking game that we lost away in overtime, gimme a break dude. You want JT to be this superhuman PG that he will never be, even though we all want him to be the next J. Kidd and unfortunately he wont, he can be a very good PG and I believe he will. We wont to start over again, at least with this bunch of guys we as Hawk fans believe we have a very good chance to make the playoffs and this years goal is exactly that.

I know you gonna say "and you just want playoffs" of course not Diesel I would love for the Hawks to make the finals and win it all, but thats a long shot, but the goal is definitely to make the playoffs and that to me will be a successful season. These guys are young and making the playoffs this year will only promise next year something better. I believe that this years Hawks are good enough to contend for a playoff spot and do well, we have the core to do it.

Now getting back on the happy happy joy joy attitude that you said I should be or want you to be. No I dont want that from you, I'm no one to ask what to want from you, I'm just voicing my opinion on that you 3 guys disgust me as Hawks fans because the bashing that you guys put day in and day out, if you see the Hawks so sorry then start cheering for another team.

Watching Marbury last night, I see the type of player JT could become. He rarely "ran plays" in a set offense, but using the "motion offense," the players were able to get open (usually through pass/es not from him). However, Marbury seems to have picked up some Nash-ish qualities in taht he rarely picked up his dribble, allowing the other players more time to continue to move on the court, to come off screens or run their men through traffic to shake free.

It was a much more mature Marbury than I've seen in quite some time (not having watched tons of suns games) and can see the maturity...and see how JT could model his game more in taht mold.

JTFan,

First and foremost, I am not a Hawks fan. I am a Shareef fan. Most people know this. I mean, if Reef was traded to Houston tonight... I would be a Rockets follower. I want the team that Reef is involved with to do well.

Second, that doesn't invalidate my understanding of basketball, sets or coaching mistakes. I wouldn't call what I say to be "wrong" or "horrendous". I am stating my opinion.

I never agreed with the resigning of JT. Never. Go back and look at the previous threads. I would have said this BEFORE preseason began. I do not think JT is capable of running an efficient team. He is indecisive. He picks up his dribble. He can't penetrate and dish well. He doesn't see the floor. You want someone who sees the floor, look at Diaw. I could tell just by the one game that he saw the floor. JT cannot do what Diaw does. For JT to be effective, we need motion... not the offensive sets we have.

This brings us to Stotts. I do not think Stotts understands motion and offense very well. He didn't run proper set plays last year during our "run" and it didn't look like he was last night either. He wouldn't have been here if the ownership was settled. Stotts isn't a bad guy. I like him. I just don't know if he is an NBA calibre coach. His only gameplan seemed to be to run the ball up court... which is awesome. But, what next?

I love Reef. It would be pretty hard to find a post where I bashed Reef. I only would want Reef traded to a good team so he could prosper. Personally, I think he would be great if he was in the right situation. Reef needs to be taught to move without the ball.

I never agreed with signing Jackson. I said he was a TO prone, out of control player. He has shown me nothing in the preseason or the first game of the season to make me change my opinion. He has fire, heart and desire... he moves well without the ball... going back to Stotts... he should be utilized as this type of player. I think he has potential, but I wouldn't have signed him.

I also did not like Dion, although he has proven me wrong both last year and up to this point. I hope he continues. I don't wish him any problems. But I do notice that he is also a player who plays with his head down, which means he misses what is going on around him. He doesn't see the floor.

Then it comes to your point... how awful I am after ONE game. Nothing I have said has changed in a year. I haven't changed my opinion based on one game. I am using that as further evidence to base my points on.

Then you say something like "if it wasnt the TO's we would of blown out the Hornets right out of their Arena".... well, if my aunt had a [censored] she'd be my uncle! Woulda, shoulda doesn't win games. Our TOs are the same TOs that cost us games last year. It hasn't been rectified. Yes, these TOs can be "figured out"... but they haven't done it in a year, what makes me think Stotts "the wonder coach" is going to do it now?

Play.

You & various others tyr to point out the negative when the negative doesn't always need to be pointed out. We all know the shortcomings of this team. There's no need for you to try & bash us upside the head with the "truth". We wanna converste as though we are of equal intelligence.Don't look down on people because theyt don't always want to be as pessimistic as you.

~Peace

Come on ya'll.

Diesel is a Hawks fan. Of that there should be no question.

He is also a vocal person on this board. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. But, he always has something to say and gives you something to think about (if even for a chuckle).

Ease back on him. He IS a valuable member of our VERY SMALL (I like to refer to it as "elite") community.

Play.