• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague has no future with the Hawks

MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

What makes you believe Teague can become a point guard in this league. He has trouble making entry passes, pick and rolls. He even has trouble passing on on the break.

Another example of the bias against teague. The same crowd never ask the same questions about other players like what makes you think that Josh Smith can be a power forward in this league...Every time he post up he either fumbles the ball or ends up taking a bad shot and can't shoot free throws. But the answer in josh's defense is he'll get better but not with Teague.

Player 1: 5 of 8, 21/4/5, 0 turnovers, +13andPlayer 2: 7 of 9, 22/7/3, 0 turnovers, +10both played more minutes thanPlayer 3: 7 of 10, 15/2/3, 5 turnovers, +3and their team won by 16.Better go on the internet and call people who approve of this uneducated.

• Like 2

It is every uneducated to come in here talking about finishing games or TO's. LD stands around talking about the hot hand theory and Stinger states the same thing in the Hawks Live telecast but Teague is not rewarded for having 13 in the first. On the other hand, anytime Lou gets something going with his 40% shooting he gets rewarded. This has nothing to do with finishing games or turnovers this has everything to do with him being judged on another scales than has teammates.Jerome asked Stinger about rather or not this will become a problem. I have learned in life that if you have to ask a question like that then it is already a issue.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

So many people in this thread trying to give an opinion when they clearly did'nt watch the game. So therefore their opinion is not valid. Yesterday was the 1st game Jeff had over 4 TOs. and like others said, all of them weren't legit his fault. and people talking about his passing skills clearly haven't watched a game this year because Teague has improved leaps and bounds as a passer this year compared to his 1st 3 years. Jeff has only played 30 minutes in TWO games so far this year. He's been getting yoyo'd by Drew all year for no reason. Lou sucked balls until the game was damn near out of reach against GS and he still played extended minutes while Jeff, our best player by far, sat

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

It is every uneducated to come in here talking about finishing games or TO's. LD stands around talking about the hot hand theory and Stinger states the same thing in the Hawks Live telecast but Teague is not rewarded for having 13 in the first. On the other hand, anytime Lou gets something going with his 40% shooting he gets rewarded. This has nothing to do with finishing games or turnovers this has everything to do with him being judged on another scales than has teammates. Jerome asked Stinger about rather or not this will become a problem. I have learned in life that if you have to ask a question like that then it is already a issue.

It's uneducated to talk about 5 TOs in 19 minutes being a factor? I've heard it all now. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Please do not just glance at the box score and act like you watched the game. It's obvious some of you did not watch the game. Teague was having a career night. In the first qtr, he was the best player on the court. Period. He got yanked at around 6 minutes for no apparent reason. Basketball is a game of streaks. You don't go messing up a players hot hand like that. If you don't think their is something fishy about that then you either didn't watch the game or are discrediting the weight of above the line influence on the game.

• Like 3

It is every uneducated to come in here talking about finishing games or TO's. LD stands around talking about the hot hand theory and Stinger states the same thing in the Hawks Live telecast but Teague is not rewarded for having 13 in the first. On the other hand, anytime Lou gets something going with his 40% shooting he gets rewarded. This has nothing to do with finishing games or turnovers this has everything to do with him being judged on another scales than has teammates. Jerome asked Stinger about rather or not this will become a problem. I have learned in life that if you have to ask a question like that then it is already a issue.

I will agree Teague's treatment used to be a problem when Bibby and even when Hinrich was here. I will also agree that other people are being held to different standards. Nevertheless, that DOES NOT mean that Drew handled Teague wrong. In my opinion, it means that Josh needs to be held more accountable... Just because Smoove's handling is different does not mean Teague should be handled like Josh. Rather, Josh should be handled like Teague.

Teague was abusing the 5-8 guy like he was suppose to but guess what. Brooks came in and single handily neutralized Teague. Jeff was playing lazy to say the least defense. Brooks came in and gave his team momentum that went from a 19 point deficit to to a 2 point one in 7 minutes.I would like to know who people consider to be the better passer between Lou and Jeff. The difference is miniscule at best.

Teague was abusing the 5-8 guy like he was suppose to but guess what. Brooks came in and single handily neutralized Teague. Jeff was playing lazy to say the least defense. Brooks came in and gave his team momentum that went from a 19 point deficit to to a 2 point one in 7 minutes. I would like to know who people consider to be the better passer between Lou and Jeff. The difference is miniscule at best.

The lead was 11 when Teague got back in so if it was ever 19 which I don't remember that would mean they gave back 8 on the lead before he got back in, then they gave back 9 more with him in. Streaks and momentum are huge in basketball. Maybe you don't let them get that much momentum in the first place before you go back to the hot hand. Lou has never averaged as many assist as Teague is currently average and this is his 8th year to Teague's 4th. I would say it is more than miniscule.

What makes you believe Teague can become a point guard in this league. He has trouble making entry passes, pick and rolls. He even has trouble passing on on the break. He has to become a more fundamental passer before Ferry decides to invest 5 years into him imo. But as a pure scorer, he has improved alot by virtue of his outside shot. It is a set shot but he has a quick release.

The kids averaging 13.8ppg, 6.3asts while playing 27 minutes per game. He's shooting astronomically from the field, and even from 3pt range. There's no excuse with what Drews doing. I've seen Rondo, Nash, and Deron have high turnover games during the season and their coaches understand. It happens.. There's certainly more to this behavior from Drew. Lou doesn't do anything special except for score the ball, and that's a coin toss.
  • Like 2

Please do not just glance at the box score and act like you watched the game. It's obvious some of you did not watch the game. Teague was having a career night. In the first qtr, he was the best player on the court. Period. He got yanked at around 6 minutes for no apparent reason. Basketball is a game of streaks. You don't go messing up a players hot hand like that. If you don't think their is something fishy about that then you either didn't watch the game or are discrediting the weight of above the line influence on the game.

Excuse me? I didn't watch the game? I take it back, NOW I've heard it all. But just to clarify, it's not the PG's job to have the "hot hand", it's to protect the ball and gets his teammates involved. Maybe LD didn't like that Teague was taking so many shots and turning the ball over so much. Or maybe something else happened, but it's absolutely ridiculous for some of you to act like it's a conspiracy theory.

Excuse me? I didn't watch the game? I take it back, NOW I've heard it all. But just to clarify, it's not the PG's job to have the "hot hand", it's to protect the ball and gets his teammates involved. Maybe LD didn't like that Teague was taking so many shots and turning the ball over so much. Or maybe something else happened, but it's absolutely ridiculous for some of you to act like it's a conspiracy theory.

Did I say you in particular didn't watch the game? Ok then settle down big guy.

Oh my bad, who were you referring to them if not me? I mean you did write that directly after my last post so forgive me if I'm a little skeptical here.

Just a response to the general tone of the thread. Didn't mean for it to seem that way. But on a side note and back to the topic... Do you not think executive agendas trickle down to coaching decisions? Not necessarily a "conspiracy theory". And also did you notice Teague's large amount of turnovers in the first quarter more than the fact that he was dominating the game? I thought he seemed like the best player on the court. An I could be wrong but has Teague played the 4th quarter at all this season? How many starting point guards in the league aren't in the game at the end of close ones?

Just a response to the general tone of the thread. Didn't mean for it to seem that way. But on a side note and back to the topic... Do you not think executive agendas trickle down to coaching decisions? Not necessarily a "conspiracy theory". And also did you notice Teague's large amount of turnovers in the first quarter more than the fact that he was dominating the game? I thought he seemed like the best player on the court. An I could be wrong but has Teague played the 4th quarter at all this season? How many starting point guards in the league aren't in the game at the end of close ones?

The one game he almost brought us back in the forth against Miami and the Indiana game that he and Korver won for us in the 4th when we were down were the only 2 games I can remember him finishing and he did well both times. A lot of people are missing the point with this thread. I am not totally focused in on last night because it is obviously deeper than that and we really are wasting a asset if we don't play Teague more than 27 minutes in a career year and we are missing a even bigger chance if we do not move him and get something for him in a contract and career year especially if he is not a staple of your future which it is obvious he is not.
  • Like 1