• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want, really?

Gray Mule

Great, all stars - - Super stars.

Sure, we would love to have the five all star starters all on our roster

and starting. Let's examine some of them, and the cost.

1- Which would you prefer, CP3 or our own Jeff Teague? Easy question.

Sure, we want the all star from the Clippers. But, what is the difference

in the cost, payroll wise. We would have to give the Clippers our PG and

who else to make the trade work?

2- Superman from the other LA team to play center. Great! We have to

trade them Al Horford and who else?

We now have CP3 and Superman. Who or what do we have left? Where

does the money come from to pay any one else? You just thought that

the contract for JJ was bad.

The grass is always greener. Sure. There is more B.S. on their grass.

Right now, where do these two teams with their all stars stand? They can't

both win it all. Someone is going to be so dissapointed.

Would I like to have these two? Sure. Do I want to give up everything

else to get them? No way.

Sometimes, our dreams far exceed our ability to obtain.

GO HAWKS

• Premium Member

Like someone else said in a different thread...The typical Atlanta Hawks fan doesn't care about wins and loses! They care more about being entertained and that's what CP3 represents. And even thought his teams don't necessarily win more games, they are more entertaining to the novice. And when I read some of the comments on this board, I get the impression the some that post on here fall in that category. And that is what drives them to conclude that CP3 is a must add in free agency even though the production at point guard has been an obvious strength on this Hawks team while rebounding is an obvious weakness. Adding Howard make sense but somehow posters have convinced themselves that he and Paul must come together for some reason. My feeling is that posters are just trying justify their desire to have Chris Paul on this team.

I'd want no part of either. Dwight is still a malcontent whose free throw shooting hinders him immeasurably and Paul is injury prone (while Teague has never missed a game) and quiet as kept can be shut down with good team defense and well-timed/ placed double-teams. Both too expensive. We just demolished Paul's team and the Lakers are terrible. I only want team-first guys to come here who shoot good percentages and work hard on defense instead of guys coming in trying to be the alpha dog and asking for changes in the team concept to accommodate them. This upcoming Grizzlies game will be a good measure of how we really stack up and what changes if any should be made before the deadline.

• Like 2

B.J. Upton is bad enough no more dumb moves please

Haha. I'm a Mets fan and I've always felt that BJ Upton was one of the two most overrated players in MLB. The other? Michael Bourn ;)

(Imagine having given Mike Cameron the kind of contract BJ just got at the same age. It's hilarious, because they're basically the same player (actually, Mika Cameron was better (feel free to compare their stats).

• Premium Member

Haha. I'm a Mets fan and I've always felt that BJ Upton was one of the two most overrated players in MLB. The other? Michael Bourn ;) (Imagine having given Mike Cameron the kind of contract BJ just got at the same age. It's hilarious, because they're basically the same player (actually, Mika Cameron was better (feel free to compare their stats).

And we have no reason at all to laugh at most (or maybe all) of the Mets signings over the years. They have had more money than the Braves and have done a wonderful job of wasting it away on mediocre and decent players. I know the Braves probably overpaid for Upton, but to have a Mets fan hate on it is comical.

And we have no reason at all to laugh at most (or maybe all) of the Mets signings over the years. They have had more money than the Braves and have done a wonderful job of wasting it away on mediocre and decent players.I know the Braves probably overpaid for Upton, but to have a Mets fan hate on it is comical.

Spoken like a true fan. I wasn't comparing signings. Do you think, as a fan, I have enjoyed the stupid moves the owner/GMs of my favorite team has made? Come on, man. Stop making everything so warlike. I was speaking on one move and you have the right to disagree about BJ Upton being completely overrated, but to make this some kind of competitive thing is just ignorant.

Edited by Azodl

• Premium Member

Spoken like a true fan. I wasn't comparing signings. Do you think, as a fan, I have enjoyed the stupid moves the owner/GMs of my favorite team has made? Come on, man. Stop making everything so warlike. I was speaking on one move and you have the right to disagree about BJ Upton being completely overrated, but to make this some kind of competitive thing is just ignorant.

Not trying to make it warlike. It's a Hawks forum, and no matter who anybody roots for outside of the Hawks, I'm just glad to have fellow fans around to talk with.

Not trying to make it warlike. It's a Hawks forum, and no matter who anybody roots for outside of the Hawks, I'm just glad to have fellow fans around to talk with.

I'm the guy who started the "I love this team!" thread. I am a huge Hawks fan. Someone else chose to post about baseball in this thread and I shared my opinion on the subject...since it was...OT :)

(I promise I won't mention I'm a Mets fan again. My bad.)

Edited by Azodl

• Premium Member

I'm the guy who started the "I love this team!" thread. I am a huge Hawks fan. Someone else chose to post about baseball in this thread and I shared my opinion on the subject...since it was...OT ;)

I love this team too, this has really been a fun start to the year. There is hope that we we have better days ahead, unlike previous years when we hoped the core would miraculously get better. I read your thread and agreed completely. And fwiw, I'll take the Hawks over the cities baseball team 7 days a week! Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1