• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All brick needed to do was box out Gee

capstone21

• Premium Member

From what I seen, it looked like Josh was being boxed out, fighting to get the rebound and jumped for it, while Al was looking at Varejao.

If you're talking about that last play...nice try. Now let's tell the truth. Go back and watch the play (I did). Al clearly blocked out Varejo, but Josh missed his assignment to block out Gee. That play was solely on Josh.
  • Like 2

Let's trade Al for a box of cracker jacks and a new scoreboard that works.You wanting us to get the 1st pick in the draft? That's what building around Smoove will earn you.Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

We sure did get that 1st pick in the draft last season didn't we? I forgot Al was even on the team last year. LOL! So what exactly are you talking about?And also, I was being sarcastic; acting like all the posters who overreact and blame loses on players.

• Admin

We sure did get that 1st pick in the draft last season didn't we? I forgot Al was even on the team last year. LOL! So what exactly are you talking about?And also, I was being sarcastic; acting like all the posters who overreact and blame loses on players.

The loss was not Bricks fault or not only his fault .... the lack of rebounding as well of the terrible defense on the guards killed us but there is no excuse for not boxing out Gee and that resulted in that winning basket for the Cavs...especially when it was EASILY preventable

• Premium Member

Um, Joe Johnson was on that team last year and was still the top dog.
  • Like 1

Um, Joe Johnson was on that team last year and was still the top dog.

Wait, what? Really? Top dog? Ha! Smoove singly handed put the Hawks on his back and was beast mode the last few months. If I recall correctly, I remember checking NBA's top 10 MVP candidates and Smooves name was mentioned each week in the top 10, and if not, he was right there in the mix. http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2011-12/index.html Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

[qtlluote name=AHawks89" post="588561" timestamp="1354385659]

Wait, what? Really? Top dog? Ha!

Smoove singly handed put the Hawks on his back and was beast mode the last few months. If I recall correctly, I remember checking NBA's top 10 MVP candidates and Smooves name was mentioned each week in the top 10, and if not, he was right there in the mix.

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2011-12/index.html"]http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2011-12/index.html

And if you asked any player then, they would tell you Joe was still the best player and leader. When they needed shots down the stretch of games, it was Joe not Josh. Without Horf, sure Josh got more shots and got more numbers. But Joe was still THE man. Funny, when Josh tried to be THE man in Boston with his jumper at the end, it resulted in a Hawks elimination.

That makes no sense. That's like saying Lou is the man on this team, because we depend on him the most in the 4th quarter. Of course, if and when we're down, you're going to give the ball to the shooter to knock down shots because that's their job. But Josh was the one who carried the team last year, no doubt about it. Josh did all the dirty work, grabbed all the boards, played elite defense, did all the dirty work. I would go far as even saying Zaza & Josh carried this team through Al's injury. Joe was off all season long, looks like he still is for the Nets, too.Josh is a game changer, not a game finisher (since you think the closer is the man). We should had giving Jamal Crawford that Joe contract then, or maybe even Lou Williams.

Edited by AHawks89

• Premium Member

That makes no sense. That's like saying Lou is the man on this team, because we depend on him the most in the 4th quarter. Of course, if and when we're down, you're going to give the ball to the shooter to knock down shots because that's their job. But Josh was the one who carried the team last year, no doubt about it. Josh did all the dirty work, grabbed all the boards, played elite defense, did all the dirty work. I would go far as even saying Zaza & Josh carried this team through Al's injury. Joe was off all season long, looks like he still is for the Nets, too.Josh is a game changer, not a game finisher (since you think the closer is the man). We should had giving Jamal Crawford that Joe contract then, or maybe even Lou Williams.

I realize you're a Josh fan and no one is denying he was and is a big part of the team. But he was not, is not and never will be the kind of player you build a championship team around.
  • Like 1

the annoncer said" joe is in a slump everywhere except the occasional 3 pointer. at one point he was 4 of 16. he hit 3 threes & but did make 2 buckets at the end of a game to help the nets pull it out.he had 19 pts.(one game i saw).well im glad wedont have to pay24million for barely 16 a game.

• Admin

Wait, what? Really? Top dog? Ha!Smoove singly handed put the Hawks on his back and was beast mode the last few months. If I recall correctly, I remember checking NBA's top 10 MVP candidates and Smooves name was mentioned each week in the top 10, and if not, he was right there in the mix.http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2011-12/index.html

Uh no he didn't
  • Like 1

Gonna keep it simple, we should have won that game but the hawks have problems putting teams away when their up late. It's an early season loss that I hope doesn't come back to bite us at the end of the season. This team has needed a TRUE center for far to long that's it's become sad and comical that the front office won't address it and Smith didn't box out Gee on that last play.

Just watched the ending as I missed it yesterday. Josh was watching the game from the stands. He had no idea where Gee was. How could that possibly be on Horford who had a much bigger assignment manning up on Varejou(sp?).

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. Go watch any game Josh has ever played and watch him as he just stands around and never boxes out. He literally never boxes out. The majority of his rebounds come from Al/Zaza/Ivan boxing out and Smith getting loose balls. It's so blatant it's ridiculous.

Andy V put up 20 and 18 outplaying Al. Pargo and Waiters out played Harris and Teague. DS and Gee kind of cancelled each other. They would have lost in overtime anyways. The top defensive ranking was a good run. Allowing 112 points to a rag tag bunch equals a lost 9 out of 10 times.

There was no answer for their back court. Teague, Harris, and DS combined for 2 rebounds in 103 minutes. It's simple, sign or draft a stud/rebounding SF or a starter quality Center.