• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jalen's Atlanta Hawks/LA Lakers trade

Eddielives

http://www.grantland.com/podcasts

Not sure if he actually predicts this will happen but he does put this trade out there for what it's worth. He thinks LA would send us Dwight for Al Horford and Kyle Korver. Of course the only way I even entertain this trade is if you get a guarantee from Dwight that he will resign. Even then with reports that Dwight doesn't have the explosiveness he used I'm not sure I invest 100 million in the guy. It's gonna be an interesting trade deadline. I think a lot of deals are going to go down.

Edited by Eddielives

• Moderators

There stands too much to lose... If Howard and Smith walk on us, we'd be left with only Teague. We'd end up being a doormat team for years to come and Dwight/Josh duo isn't going to yield us a championship on their own. We'd be w/o a SF, SG, and much of a bench. I'd rather take our chances at FA than to trade away Al.

There stands too much to lose... If Howard and Smith walk on us, we'd be left with only Teague. We'd end up being a doormat team for years to come and Dwight/Josh duo isn't going to yield us a championship on their own. We'd be w/o a SF, SG, and much of a bench. I'd rather take our chances at FA than to trade away Al.

Teague could walk as well, remember we weren't able to come to an agreement on an extension. He may want some pretty big bucks.

• Moderators

Teague could walk as well, remember we weren't able to come to an agreement on an extension. He may want some pretty big bucks.Restricted free agent.

If he gets offered Hibbert money, Ferry may opt to resign Harris to a reasonable deal and let Teague walk. We very well could completely WLOC-less at the start of next season...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.grantland.com/podcasts

Not sure if he actually predicts this will happen but he does put this trade out there for what it's worth. He thinks LA would send us Dwight for Al Horford and Kyle Korver. Of course the only way I even entertain this trade is if you get a guarantee from Dwight that he will resign. Even then with reports that Dwight doesn't have the explosiveness he used I'm not sure I invest 100 million in the guy. It's gonna be an interesting trade deadline. I think a lot of deals are going to go down.

I actually stated this a week ago and stated it would probably include one of our picks (probably ours).

That said, Howard to Atlanta pretty much solidifies Teague resigning, Josh staying. I'll explain. I am also going to state they don't retain Stephenson's based on health but keep Mike Scott.

2013 money.

Williams - 5.225 million

Jenkins - 1.249 million

Johnson - 1.203 million

Scott - .789 million

Total - 8.5 million (rounded)

Assuming a cap of 58.5 million next year (easy math) that leaves us 50 million.

Teague's Restricted number is 3.5 million and its safe to say he'll get more on the open market. He's worth about 9-10 million a season so call it 4 years $38 million. 8 million first year.

Dwight at 18 million, Josh at 15 million. You now have 7 players under contract at 49.5 million. Assuming Zaza takes 5 million to resign. you now have 8 at 54.5. You need 5 more players, have a 4 million under the cap, 15 million + under the tax. You can resign Harris/Morrow at any salary you want because they belong to you as long as that number keeps you about 5 million under the tax. Lets say Morrow for 2.5 million per and Harris for 5. You are now at 62 million for 10 players. You have a draft pick worth about 1.3 million a season. Sign 2 vets, one with an exception and you have a roster that can challenge for a title.

Teague/Harris

Lou/Jenkins/Morrow

SF

Smith/Johnson/Scott

Howard/Pachulia

You can also work sign and trades with Harris/Teague/Morrow/Pachulia to fill the void at SF. The deal is definately a good idea if they would do it. Which by the way they should. Korver/Horford fit much better what they are trying to do than Howard. Horford runs the floor, can hit a quick jumper. They are not a back to the basket team.

• Moderators

You know what works better than anything. Josh/Korver for Howard. I know the popular opinion is that Josh and Dwight want to be on the same team but no one really knows that. Its like becoming roommates with your best friend. It usually ends up in disaster.

This deal gives us a great compliment in Howard and Horford. It gives D'antoni the best shooter in the game and one of the best defenders. Especially the best help defender which is what the Lakers need with Nash out front and Kobe and Pau aging.

Josh gets the big stage, chance at a title with Kobe, not the craziest person on the team anymore.

Dwight gets to play with other buddies, back home, dominate the east, dominate the ball, play with an up and coming PG.