• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Hawks let go Larry Drew in the future who should they hire to replace him?

Hawkfan89

Says who? Uncoachable Jennings? Skiles would have left after this season anyway. He coached two teams: Bulls on their post Jordan rebuilt period and Bucks, I would say with the talent he had in Milwaukke, he really made a good job. Would definitely like to see him in Atlanta.

I'm not going to go and search for quotes but there are numerous reports of players in both Chicago and Milwaukee who found his coaching style to be grating and ineffective on a long term basis.

If you think that he did a good job, which he did at first in both places, then why do you think he got fired in both places?

• Moderators

Hiring coaches who've never been an nba head coach before is definitely risky. I think we did well with LD. I'm just trying to avoid Mike Brown. I'd rather have Skiles but whether he'd fit here i don't know. If we trade Smoove then guys like teague, horford, harris, korver, lou would excel under skiles i think. But I don't know a lot about all these other guys. If we can get the next thibideaux that's good.

Who should we hire? Phil Jackson or SVG. Respectable coach = credibility.

Who we will probably hire? Mike Brown

.566 winning percentage in 2.5 years without a single national star for Drew and he's making pennies. Damn fine coach IMO, just like his mentor and predecessor. Damn what y'all talking about. You go overboard after a loss, quiet as a mouse after a big win like tonight. I love the style his team plays with. You'd be hard pressed to find a coach who can get this group of talent to shoot threes, pass, and defend like this man has, let alone having Teague step up gradually and instilling his PG mentality into him.

Gotta hand it to Drew. Other than letting Smoove chuck jumpers, I really feel like he's a top 10 or so coach in the league. Seriously. Pop, Rivers, Adelman, maybe Karl and a couple of others. I'm forgetting a few, but there're a lot of not-so-great coaches in the league. And there aren't a ton of guys available that I'd rather have. I like the Van Gundies and from what I understand Blatt can coach, but an old as dirt Sloan? I'll take Drew.

We have a .646 chance of winning at home under Drew in his career with one of the poorest home crowds in the league and withou that superstar that y'all covet so much in a transitional year. The national media hates us yet has given him more credit than many Hawks fans with he COTM award. He is clearly coming into his own, instilling a culture of high team assists to turnover ratio and you can't find a better designer of plays out of a timeout. He has won me over, certain questionable decisions or lack thereof concerning Ivan and Josh notwithstanding. I have no doubt that if a true star actually watched tape of how we play and decided to come here, he'd buy in totally to Drew's approach and system. Who wouldnt want to get open shots and get his hot hand fed. That is if he's a real adult and professional, unlike the guy most of y'all want here. I'm almost certain Dwight cannot catch well enough or pass out the post good enough for us to keep our assists and three point shooting at the pace it is now.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

We have a .646 chance of winning at home under Drew in his career with one of the poorest home crowds in the league and withou that superstar that y'all covet so much in a transitional year. The national media hates us yet has given him more credit than many Hawks fans with he COTM award. He is clearly coming into his own, instilling a culture of high team assists to turnover ratio and you can't find a better designer of plays out of a timeout. He has won me over, certain questionable decisions or lack thereof concerning Ivan and Josh notwithstanding. I have no doubt that if a true star actually watched tape of how we play and decided to come here, he'd buy in totally to Drew's approach and system. Who wouldnt want to get open shots and get his hot hand fed. That is if he's a real adult and professional, unlike the guy most of y'all want here.

My only criticism of LD has been his lack of discipline concerning Josh. It's apparent that Josh does things that his skillset suggests he shouldn't be doing and unfortunately he needs more of a disciplinarian to keep the leash tight with him and that's just not who LD is. If he could have kept Josh playing like that final season under Woody Josh then I'd be all about getting both of them a new contract. For now I'm going to wait and see what happens with Josh before I decide whether or not I'd want LD back next year.