• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not KK? Paul George was pathetic from in the 3-pt challenge...

BrazilianHawk

Korver wanted to spend the time with his wife and baby. It was his choice not to play. I will try and find where he said that but I know I read that as a quote from him.

Edit - here it is

Chris Vivlamore ‏@ajchawks

Hawks' Kyle Korver will not take part in 3-point shooting contest at All-Star Game. Will spend time with wife and newborn child. #ATLHawks

• Like 1

Vivlamore sucks, his tweets imply that Korver was invited. But wait...

Redick is good friends with the Hawks' Kyle Korver, who began Wednesday fourth in makes (126) and first in accuracy (46.5 percent), and Redick's confusion about the selection criteria was heightened when Korver wasn't asked to participate this season.

"I have no idea [what the criteria are]," Korver said. "I'm not sure if there is any."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-02-13/sports/os-magic-hawks-news-0214-20130213_1_redick-magic-notebook-ryan-anderson

Can we please get a new beat writer? Preferably one that understands the English language, although clearly that is not a requirement.

Vivlamore sucks, his tweets imply that Korver was invited. But wait...

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-02-13/sports/os-magic-hawks-news-0214-20130213_1_redick-magic-notebook-ryan-anderson

Can we please get a new beat writer? Preferably one that understands the English language, although clearly that is not a requirement.

Hmm not sure which to believe but I'm not sure I'd put anymore faith in a writer for the Magic than I would the Hawks.

Hmm not sure which to believe but I'm not sure I'd put anymore faith in a writer for the Magic than I would the Hawks.

One is a tweet while the other is an article. One explicitly says Korver was not invited, the other does not actually say Korver was not invited but just says Kyle is staying home with the kid. Why is Korver staying home with the kid?

From what I remember, MC and Josh Robbins were good friends and both quoted each other and showed up on Cinesports multiple times. I most certainly trust Robbins over Vivnomore. I would trust Nevin Shapiro over Vivnomore at this point.

One is a tweet while the other is an article. One explicitly says Korver was not invited, the other does not actually say Korver was not invited but just says Kyle is staying home with the kid. Why is Korver staying home with the kid?

From what I remember, MC and Josh Robbins were good friends and both quoted each other and showed up on Cinesports multiple times. I most certainly trust Robbins over Vivnomore. I would trust Nevin Shapiro over Vivnomore at this point.

Most of these types of "articles" are based off of a tweet or a sentence or two of a quote so neither hold anymore weight than the other in my eyes.

Why wouldn't Korver stay home with his wife and new baby though? I doubt he gets to see them that much and if he skips the All-Star weekend then he can get nearly a week straight at home with them. Sounds good to me, especially if she's hot!

• Moderators

It seems kind of a moot point if you believe the article:

But don't weep for Korver. He's participated in the event before. He's also the father of a 2-month-old baby girl, and wouldn't have accepted an invitation if it had been offered.

It seems kind of a moot point if you believe the article:

How is it a moot point? If the issue is that Kyle was not invited, then this is very relevant. To me the larger issue is that Vivnomore is god awful at his job, this being a blatant issue where Vivnomore puts incorrect information out there. No way to blame this one on T9 texting either!

Well maybe it's a little of both... they didn't offer knowing he wouldn't accept.

That could be, it seems a little strange that the NBA would know about this before they sent out invitations but I guess it could have happened. Sour grapes from Kyle could also be possible.

• Moderators

How is it a moot point? If the issue is that Kyle was not invited, then this is very relevant. To me the larger issue is that Vivnomore is god awful at his job, this being a blatant issue where Vivnomore puts incorrect information out there. No way to blame this one on T9 texting either!

That could be, it seems a little strange that the NBA would know about this before they sent out invitations but I guess it could have happened. Sour grapes from Kyle could also be possible.

It is moot because the same conclusion comes from either route - Kyle stays home with his baby daughter. You can complain but it wouldn't change anything as far as who actually participated. Obviously, there is also ambiguity as far as whether his personal unavailability might have impacted who got the invite. I don't doubt the NBA talks to the agents for these players before the official invites.

I think we all agree on Vivnomore, who we all want to read-no-more.