• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dolfan how about the Cuse

phoostal

You know I had to get in. At least JT III didn't come out and say they can close the carrier dome down now, like Pops did. I hate to see the rivalry end though. We will play the last game of the year and probably in the Big East Tourny. Now we need to figure out a way to get Porter to the Hawks, most under rated player in college.

Agree on Porter.........probably have to trade up to get him. He is Luol Deng all over again in my eyes.

Speaking of Syracuse.......Their is amazing. Hard to find a comparison for MCW. He has the elite passing and vision of the legendary PGs but lacks perimeter shooting. At 6'6'' he doesn't have that elite quickness Jason Kidd once had but he is 2'' bigger then Kidd. You can't throw out Magic's name........he is not that good...........but at the same time MCW is pretty special. He just has to develop a perimeter shot like Kidd did to be an NBA allstar for years to come.

You know I had to get in. At least JT III didn't come out and say they can close the carrier dome down now, like Pops did. I hate to see the rivalry end though. We will play the last game of the year and probably in the Big East Tourny. Now we need to figure out a way to get Porter to the Hawks, most under rated player in college.

Whoops didn't see this thread... and I didn't get to see the game either but it doesn't surprise me as we've been really average lately. Hopefully we're just taking it easy until the tournament...

• 4 weeks later...

Well 'Cuse got the last laugh between them and G'Town and have moved on to the sweet 16 while G'Town got upset in the 1st round as a #2 seed... ouch! We might not be going any further but I have a good feeling that our zone will be more than Oladipo can handle and Indiana won't have enough without him carrying them. Then it's on to the elite 8 against overachieving teams Marquette or Miami for the chance at the final 4.

Here we go into the final four with the best defensive team I've ever seen Syracuse bring into the tournament. I can't believe we held Marquette to 39 points on 22% shooting as that's just sick! I'm honestly wondering if anyone will solve our zone this year as I've never seen us play it that well.

I'll second what you said about never seeing Syracuse execute their zone as well as they have in the NCAA tournament. They are just destroying people with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the zone holds up against Michigan as they get up and down the floor quickly and shoot the 3 well, plus they have the ability to score in the post so I expect that Syracuse is going to have to score at least 60 points to have a shot at winning this one and probably closer to 70 points. But if that zone scares Michigan into slowing down and trying to protect the ball it's going to be a long day for them!

Well when you hit 3-4 very long 3 pters and have a David Lee light snatching up rebounds that's enough to beat the zone. Combine that with a few questionable calls by the refs, some brain farts by the Syracuse players when it counted most and only 1 guy shooting well it's a miracle that the game was so close. But hats off to Michigan for finding a way to win. I really don't think they were the better team and that makes this loss sting even more but I will definitely be cheering for them in the championship game now. Side note, I sure wish McGary was coming out this year as I'd love to have a guy like that coming off the bench for us. Oh and I think that Burke got exposed in this game as he was useless and sure didn't look like the player of the year against good D.

Well when you hit 3-4 very long 3 pters and have a David Lee light snatching up rebounds that's enough to beat the zone. Combine that with a few questionable calls by the refs, some brain farts by the Syracuse players when it counted most and only 1 guy shooting well it's a miracle that the game was so close. But hats off to Michigan for finding a way to win. I really don't think they were the better team and that makes this loss sting even more but I will definitely be cheering for them in the championship game now.Side note, I sure wish McGary was coming out this year as I'd love to have a guy like that coming off the bench for us. Oh and I think that Burke got exposed in this game as he was useless and sure didn't look like the player of the year against good D.

I'm looking foward to seeing McGary and and Dieng matchup. They are polar opposite types of centers.

McGary's ability to be an offensive threat in the middle of the Syracuse zone was huge. He can hit the mid range shot and make good passes to cutters. The Syracuse zone had to react to such a threat which opened up lane for the cutters allowing McGary to lead his team with 6 assist. The David Lee comparison is a good one. Lee was a superior athlete having won some dunk contests coming out of HS and college. McGary also reminds of Brad Miller with his passing ability and mid range touch.....but McGary is probably a better rebounder then Miller.

McGary also has a good motor. He rarely needs a breather.

I was dissapointed in both PGs. If Smart stays at Okl St then Burke and MCW are heralded as the next 2 best PGs. Neither looked good last game.

Edited by coachx

I'm looking foward to seeing McGary and and Dieng matchup. They are polar opposite types of centers.

McGary's ability to be an offensive threat in the middle of the Syracuse zone was huge. He can hit the mid range shot and make good passes to cutters. The Syracuse zone had to react to such a threat which opened up lane for the cutters allowing McGary to lead his team with 6 assist. The David Lee comparison is a good one. Lee was a superior athlete having won some dunk contests coming out of HS and college. McGary also reminds of Brad Miller with his passing ability and mid range touch.....but McGary is probably a better rebounder then Miller.

McGary also has a good motor. He rarely needs a breather.

I was dissapointed in both PGs. If Smart stays at Okl St then Burke and MCW are heralded as the next 2 best PGs. Neither looked good last game.

Yep that should be an interesting matchup in the paint. I really like McGary and I think that once he really learns how to play the game he's going to be a good one. He's not the athlete that Lee was but he's similarly skilled at scoring the basketball and rebounding it. He's a terrific passer too, which really surprised me. I can see the Miller comparison with his passing and also a little of Bogut and how incredible he used to be in college passing the ball. I think he's just a freshman though right? There's no doubt in my mind that if he weren't in the game Michigan would have lost because all of those rebounds and assists he had, mostly from offensive rebounds, just killed Syracuse.

Agree on Porter.........probably have to trade up to get him. He is Luol Deng all over again in my eyes. Speaking of Syracuse.......Their is amazing. Hard to find a comparison for MCW. He has the elite passing and vision of the legendary PGs but lacks perimeter shooting. At 6'6'' he doesn't have that elite quickness Jason Kidd once had but he is 2'' bigger then Kidd. You can't throw out Magic's name........he is not that good...........but at the same time MCW is pretty special. He just has to develop a perimeter shot like Kidd did to be an NBA allstar for years to come.

Sounds like Shaun Livingston to me.
  • Like 1

Sounds like Shaun Livingston to me.

I don't think he's quite the playmaker that Livingston was pre-injuries but he's already a far better defender. He's going to struggle in the NBA though as he can't shoot to save his life. But he's very versatile and I can easily see him with a long career as a combo guard that can defend elite backcourt players due to his size, length, and basketball IQ.