• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eating Crow on Teague

benhillboy

Teague turns 25 in June, he is not that young of a kid. Nick Van Exel stated during halftime that they have to consistently push Teague to be aggressive every game; That is not who I want leading my team. Sure Drew is at fault here, but we shouldn't have to keep pushing him to lead the team.

Games like this kindly remind me that he will be better suited on a bench role. He just isn't consistent enough for us to rely on him as a key contributor to our team.

When he has to compete with chumps like Josh and Devin just to run an offense, you cant blame him for having off nights. The guy has been carving up pretty much any opponent lately with one or two lean games. It has to be expected he will have quiet nights because he doesn't get much help in doing his job as the point.

Sometimes bad play is just bad play. We often use other players as scape goats for bad play. It's Josh's fault Jeff had a bad game... Jeff's fault Josh had a bad game... Drew's fault so and so had a bad game. Bad play is bad play. These are professional adult men. Stop making excuses for them. They simply need to play better. Period.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff has grown into one of the more exciting players in this league, let alone PGs. What makes a "superstar" to the national media? Highlight plays at the rim, numbers, and a huge ego. Jeff can finish with the best of them as well as block opposing PGs attempts at the rim: check. Every other game he's going for 20/10+ and making it look as easy as pie: check. The only thing he doesn't have is the ego. People around the league know he's been the best PG easily in the East playoff picture since the break, but there will be no self-promotion or sh@t-talking in the media from Quiet-as-a-mouse Jeff to drum up attention and intrigue into his team, no matter if it is vain and vacuous. Is that even what we want? I know I don't. Gilbert Arenas was not a great player. he made himself very popular and the Wizards halfwat intriguing just because he was saying something stupid every week. I just want Jeff to continue punishing so-called star guards with an in innocent look on his face so they don't realize what's happened until they look up at the box score at the end of the game, see he has as many stat points as minutes, and say "oh, yeah. He's good."

Edited by benhillboy

I would love to see Teague use his speed on defense like he uses it on offense. I think a player with speed like his should not have players running around him like they do. I like his active hands though. He gets his fair share of steals. Some better man to man defense and Teague will absolutely be one of the best in the league.

Edited by Ruckus

I would love to see Teague use his speed on defense like he uses it on offense. I think a player with speed like his should not have players running around him like they do. I like his active hands though. He gets his fair share of steals. Some better man to man defense and Teague will absolutely be one of the best in the league.

True. He has improved so much offensively, I'm sure defensive improvement will be top priority this offseason.
  • Like 1

He also probably feels more comfortable letting other PG's roll towards Al and Josh who are supposed to be good shot blockers. If he was more aggressive I think we'd see him in a lot of foul trouble like he used to me because the refs do not give him any calls.

• Premium Member

As I said in another thread, when Jeff gets healthy, that ridiculous conversation regarding who ran the offense better and who should start at point guard wouldn't be a conversation. Technically, I was wrong as Jeff isn't completely healthy yet, but he still silenced that foolishness. No disrespect to Harris as he's been key for us this year. But make no mistake, Jeff is the point guard of this team.

• Like 4