• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ENERGY...

DocWilkins

Young and athletic. Yet, they can't get enough rest, apparently.

Energy / Effort, whatever they choose to call it, is missing.

Other teams face this same problem, yet they continue to show

up when it counts. Why can't we?

Go ahead and put the next one in the loss column. And, it will not

be Energy / Effort. Just complete domination by a far superior foe.

Kinda like your major college football team when Poudunk University

pays their visit as the sacrificial lamb.

WAKE UP THE HAWKS!!

Edited by Gray Mule

I'm sick of that excuse as well. Train better, eat better, sleep bettter, but don't keep throwing out the energy thing. The Hawks need a new mix or the energy of the fan base will be worse than the players'Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Can you imagine walking into your bosses office and telling them you just had low ENERGY amd were unable to perform at a high level due to just being unfocused and fatigued??...Come on Man! These guys play for 48 minutes a night...they don't play every day and are professionals. The whole "we came out flat" BS has got to go...If they don't step up it is going to be a rough close to this season....I think this is on both the coaches and the players...

I'm sick of that excuse as well. Train better, eat better, sleep bettter, but don't keep throwing out the energy thing. The Hawks need a new mix or the energy of the fan base will be worse than the players'Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by DocWilkins

One of the things that bother me with professional athletes is the commonality of injuries. I've played competitive sports my whole life and can count the number of injuries on one hand...none of them serious enough to be out long periods of time. I've been hurt more often from uneven ground in my yard, food born illness and stupidity involving burning leaves.

• Like 1

In the last game's presser LD said as how he talked to the guys about the challenging stretch we have ahead of us and (I swear) he said someting like "they have to take care of themselves, eat right, and dress.."

My first thought was "did he really say dress"?...I thought maybe I misunderstood but others heard it too...surely we aren't too lazy to get dressed? I wonder if LD got a complaint from the Hotel?

Edited by DJlaysitup

One of the things that bother me with professional athletes is the commonality of injuries. I've played competitive sports my whole life and can count the number of injuries on one hand...none of them serious enough to be out long periods of time. I've been hurt more often from uneven ground in my yard, food born illness and stupidity involving burning leaves.

I can't make that claim. I tore an acl in high school football, tore the other in a mountain bike race, dislocated a shoulder in a road bike crash, and had a couple of concussions from road cycling. But, I've always trained to have max energy on race day (now in cycling) or on the field for football and baseball.

Frankly, I think the biggest problem with the Hawks is they don't have a head coach who demands from the team. The organization appears to not have invested in athletic training at the appropriate level. And, they don't have a leader on the court. Al tries, but he just doesn't have the "it" that guys like Jordan, Wade, Magic, and Bird had. Those guys made you play hard or they drove you off the court.

Edited by frosgrim

This game was less about energy than unforced turnovers, settling for too many jumpshots, and bad shot selection.

We got bulldozed, walloped, run out the building and taken behind the woodshed by a much better team. I'm sure if you look we still behind the woodshed.