• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do any Hawks deserve to be on an All-NBA team?

batfanjordanv

Joe made it in 2010, Al made it in 2011, no Hawk made it last season.Does anyone think any player from this year's roster deserves to make one of the All-NBA teams?Both Al and Josh got snubbed from the All-Star team, so we'll see if the writers are any less biased against Hawks than the NBA coaches.IMO, Al and Josh are so close in terms of on-court production, but because of Al's leadership, I would have him as a third team player over Josh if I had to pick one or the other (and I would only pick one of the two).

• Moderators

I almost started a "Al Horford: All-NBA Third Team?" thread before the playoffs started. If voters were able to ignore the postseason entirely, I think his second-half push puts him right there for a second career nod.

An article from one of the Sun-Sentinel HEAT beat writers a month ago (I'll have to go dig it up) gave me the impression that the ballot had flexibility among Fs and Cs, although not as explicitly as they did the All-Star balloting.

I had it:

Paul/Bryant/Durant/James/Duncan

Westbrook/Harden/Anthony/Griffin (I know, I'm in the writers' shoes)/Howard

Parker/Wade/George/HORFORD/Lee

If he misses out, it's because the writers favored Noah, Lopez, West, or Aldridge. I can't imagine a Career Appreciation award for either of the Celtics this time.

~lw3

• Moderators

I don't think Horford or Lee will make the team. Lopez, Gasol, Randolph, Aldridge and Noah will all be fighting for those two roster spots with him and the mediocrity of the Hawks and the disdain for Atlanta teams will hurt him.

• Moderators

I'm told Al...

C-Viv (@ajchawks): Al Horford got 31 points in ALL NBA voting, including two first-team votes. Josh Smith got 7 points. #ATLHawks

lol! Love the guy, but I'll have some of whatever those two were having. Does Miss Universe get a vote?

~lw3