• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rudy Gobert

Hawk88

Yeah. I can't decide who I think they will take with the other pick. On the one hand, Jamaal Franklin is everything they are looking for in a player from a character and work ethic standpoint. On the other hand, Reggie Bullock has everything they are looking for from a skill level. I haven't read anything about Bullock's work ethic, but as I have said before, he is a very similar player to Danny Green. Green made more plays defensively than Bullock, but they are both three and D guys on the perimeter.

The other question is whether they go with another big.

I think Danny will eventually dip into the international pool for talent, but right now, he needs players that can come in and contribute to the team early on.

Just to note, I think my ideal draft would be Gorgui Dieng and Jamaal Franklin, but I've got a feeling that Dieng may be in play for Oklahoma City as well.

I don't see Franklin being the pick. I know he plays hard and does a lot well but I don't think we have a need for a 6'5" 190lb 28% 3pt shooter when we already have Jenkins. I'd much rather go with Bullock or Karasev and try to fill that big hole at SF.

There are apparently a lot of concerns about Dieng's age and his knee and ankle injuries. With him being 23 there's already a lot less potential left in him than in some of the 18-19-20 year old kids.

• Like 1

Plumlee should be solid pretty quickly. no star, but a good pick. We need to pick a C no matter what

Do you go with the solid, yet unspectacular pick, who's likely to top out at being a Zaza level contributor? Or do you go for one of the C's with big time potential who could end up being good starters but who could also be big time busts?

If we don't take a Bullock or Karasev then I'm hoping that we will double down on the C position and take 2 guys with boom / bust potential as one of them would surely end up being a starter and hopefully more. For me that's Gobert and Nogueira and let them grow together and challenge one another.

• Like 1

Do you go with the solid, yet unspectacular pick, who's likely to top out at being a Zaza level contributor? Or do you go for one of the C's with big time potential who could end up being good starters but who could also be big time busts? If we don't take a Bullock or Karasev then I'm hoping that we will double down on the C position and take 2 guys with boom / bust potential as one of them would surely end up being a starter and hopefully more. For me that's Gobert and Nogueira and let them grow together and challenge one another.

I would be OK with those 2. Got to draft BIG.Nogueira might have less upside than Gobert, but he should develop into a nice C. I just like Gobert's size and athleticism. He's also going to have nice touch for a big. Just hope he can learn to bang. The 2 should end our C worries for a good while.
  • Like 1

I would be OK with those 2. Got to draft BIG.Nogueira might have less upside than Gobert, but he should develop into a nice C. I just like Gobert's size and athleticism. He's also going to have nice touch for a big. Just hope he can learn to bang. The 2 should end our C worries for a good while.

That's pretty much how I feel as well. I'd probably still go out and offer Dalembert a 1-2 year deal for around $4-5 million and let him start while the kids develop since neither of them are going to be ready for big minutes anytime soon.

Totally agree!!! Go get these two big boys!!!! I really wouldn't be mad if it was Plumlee and one of these two. But don't try to sell me on Plumlee/adetokoubo. that is a huge FAIL. Honestly, I say go with whichever big man has the best passing assests. I want to say whoever is closest to Noah, is the way we should go. I know I know, it's my dream to get two or more GATORS on the squad. Franklin wouldn't be a bad pick. I would try to aquire another late pick for either Bullock/Franklin/karasev and get rid of the 2nd rounders. If you want to "stash players" with those 2nd rounders that is fine, otherwise use them to move up to earlier in the 2nd round.

I don't ever want to hear Dalembert's name mentioned in a hawks forum again please. It was fine like 10 years ago when we only had him and Dampier as the prize center free agent acquisitions.

Dally is a decent player. He's just been overpaid for most of his career. He's a good shot blocker and not a bad positional defender either. He still rebounds efficiently and doesn't try to be the man on offense so he knows his role. I wouldn't mind him at all at a good price either as a starter (if we miss out on Dwight and go in a different direction than someone like Jefferson) or as a reserve.

Dally is a decent player. He's just been overpaid for most of his career. He's a good shot blocker and not a bad positional defender either. He still rebounds efficiently and doesn't try to be the man on offense so he knows his role. I wouldn't mind him at all at a good price either as a starter (if we miss out on Dwight and go in a different direction than someone like Jefferson) or as a reserve.

Yep that's exactly how I feel. He'd be a nice stop gap C who could teach our 2 young shot blockers a thing or two while they learn and grow into starters in 2 years. We could keep both or move one for a lottery pick then if they both develop.

Yes

+1

For sentimental reasons I prefer Zaza but it's time to move on from him and get someone who can help protect the rim and rebound on both ends of the floor. Without looking at the stats I believe that Daly is also a better scorer than Zaza is.

• Like 1

+1

For sentimental reasons I prefer Zaza but it's time to move on from him and get someone who can help protect the rim and rebound on both ends of the floor. Without looking at the stats I believe that Daly is also a better scorer than Zaza is.

I'm with you Dolf. I love Zaza and the heart and hustle he brings, but as good as he can be, he's clumsy and awkward on offense sometimes. Dally isn't a great post player or shooter, but he goes up strong with the ball and finishes above the rim (I remember that sick reverse dunk he did to the Hawks this season). Zaza puts the ball on the floor far too much for a big man. I remember our coaches always telling our big guys to never put the ball on the floor after an offensive rebound, yet Zaza does it every time. We need a guy who is a shot blocker and strong defender on the block.

• Like 1

This may not mean much, as he could have been here for almost anything. I follow Rudy Gobert on Twitter. I was looking at his timeline just a few moments ago, and I noticed something.

On June 5th, this is what he posted:

In atlanta

That was posted at 10:23 PM on June 5th.

@guyaneseDoll7 loool im not doing a trip im workin out!!!

That was posted at 11:42 PM

So, it looks like Rudy worked out in Atlanta earlier in the month.

Now, this was posted on the 18th:

Just finished the hawks workout #atlanta #hawks http://instagram.com/p/atlbjYN-_r/

That was at 3:36 PM on June 18th.

So, Rudy either had a very long workout with the Hawks, or he has been worked out twice by the Hawks already.

How much of an issue do you think Rudy Gobert's lack of athleticism is going to come into play when it comes to his upside in the NBA?

Here is a list of the agility drill times for the big men:

1. Cody Zeller -- 10.82

2. Mason Plumlee -- 10.89

3. Kelly Olynyk -- 11.42

4. Lucas Nogueira -- 11.63

5. Jared Berggren -- 11.64

6. Mike Muscala -- 11.76

7. Steven Adams -- 11.85

8. Jeff Withey -- 12.49

9. Dewayne Dedmon -- 12.75

10. Rudy Gobert -- 12.85

Their 3/4th court sprint numbers:

1. Cody Zeller -- 3.15

2. Mason Plumlee -- 3.29

3. Steven Adams -- 3.40

4. Dewayne Dedmon -- 3.40

5. Lucas Nogueira -- 3.43

6. Mike Muscala -- 3.44

7. Jeff Withey -- 3.47

8. Jared Berggren -- 3.48

9. Rudy Gobert -- 3.57

10. Kelly Olynyk -- 3.59

I know someone made a comment about Rudy that if he were racing a pregnant lady, he'd come in third.

Note that Nerlens Noel and Gorgui Dieng did not work out at the combine.