• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul Pierce

bigjmw84

Just imagine:Paul: 20 pts 4 reb 10 astSG:13 pts 3 reb 3 astPierce: 16 pts 5 reb 3 astHorford:17 pts 9 reb 5 astHoward:22 pts 13 reb 3 blks

88 points from the starters seems like a major stretch. I think 75-80 would be far more likely.

Jason Taylor to the Jets was the worse luckily we got JT back to retire with us and he should have had a fumble return for a TD against the Jets to end his career called back on a penalty. Nique in a Celtics uniform was bad, but I agree JT in Jets uni was worse.

And luckily he sucked for the deadskins and jests as well! He was a shell of his former self when he returned but he did make a few big plays.

Still can't believe he did that. Not quite as bad as having to see Jason Taylor play for the J-E-S-T-S since they're a division rival of my Phins but it's pretty close.

I thought 34 was JaCo's number and would obviously be retired and put up in the Hawks raptors For...Ev...Er.

I thought 34 was JaCo's number and would obviously be retired and put up in the Hawks raptors For...Ev...Er.

Nah we thought so much of JaCo that we have his number to Devin last year. I always thought it was weird seeing him in a number meant for a C.

Nah we thought so much of JaCo that we have his number to Devin last year. I always thought it was weird seeing him in a number meant for a C.

https://twitter.com/zaza27/status/231501721837391872

Zaza PachuliaVerified account ‏@zaza27

@jasoncollins34 U gonna let Devin Harris take your number?I thought hawks was retiring it?Posted Image@Al_Horford what you say? http://lockerz.com/s/230917818

• Like 1

I know we all hate anything to do with the Celtics, but I think if there's any kind of possibility of him signing a MLE vets minimum we should pull the trigger. Even if we have to cough up a little more money you can never go wrong with a champion who knows what it takes to win. Also he's super clutch in crunch time. You wouldn't want Paul Pierce taking your young guys under his wing?

I'd rather see the Hawks develop some young talent than have PP on the team.

Also, as others have said, I don't see PP signing for MLE. This is probably his last chance to make $ so I think that will be more important to him than winning a championship.

• Admin

If we have Howard, Paul and Horford...we don't need another 'star' but players who can fill roles to surround them...we will need a 3 point shooter to spread the floor and a wing defender. Prefer that they can score 10+ points and are willing passers but we don't need Pierce. There is not enough basketballs to go around and I don't see him taking a role player role.

I know we all hate anything to do with the Celtics, but I think if there's any kind of possibility of him signing a MLE vets minimum we should pull the trigger. Even if we have to cough up a little more money you can never go wrong with a champion who knows what it takes to win. Also he's super clutch in crunch time. You wouldn't want Paul Pierce taking your young guys under his wing?

We do not get the MLE being under the cap. We would have to use up some cap space to sign him. Not saying he is not worth the 4 to 5 million in cap. Even though I can't stand him as a person, as a player Pierce most certainly is worth it.

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

We do not get the MLE being under the cap. We would have to use up some cap space to sign him. Not saying he is not worth the 4 to 5 million in cap. Even though I can't stand him as a person, as a player Pierce most certainly is worth it.

Its all about chemistry and is he willing to take a backseat? You don't just throw a bunch of stars on a team and expect them to win...look at the Lakers

Its all about chemistry and is he willing to take a backseat? You don't just throw a bunch of stars on a team and expect them to win...look at the Lakers

He took a backseat or equal to KG and Allen. The last couple of seasons its been Rondo hype. As far as being a ball dominant type player, I think Pierce fits in well with the ball being spread around.

Shots per game this season:

Top four shot takers from both teams.

Josh 15.6

Horford 14.3

Pierce 14.2

Garnett 12.5

Rondo 12.2

Teague 12.2

Williams 11.4

Green 10.0

Edited by Buzzard