• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pick And Roll anybody.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think that we can be a pick and roll, pick and pop team. We just need the right C.

I have seen Teague play Pick and Pop with Horf. I have seen it be sucessful. Teague is good for it because he has the speed to turn the corner if he needs to. I think we need the C to be a true Pick and Roll Center.

I would love to see us trade up to get DA POPE.. The Pope can run PNR on the other side and offer a shooter off the pick. He would force defenses to be honest.

So who could be this C?

'[media']

Could this be our guy...

YEP I'm proposing:

Jefferson, Horf, a defensive SF, POPE, and Blink

as our starters...

If you have another big man suggestion, be my guest.

Edited by Diesel

• Premium Member

I love the PnR. Love, Love, Love it!

Burke, Larkin, or CP3 to Horford for a 1000 Alex.

Read the OP post and I am not feeling it at all. * Star.

I like the look of Larkin and think he might be the best player out of this draft, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the POPE. I would rather have Teague and Pope than Larkin or Burke alone.

I like the look of Larkin and think he might be the best player out of this draft, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the POPE. I would rather have Teague and Pope than Larkin or Burke alone.

If I was feeling Teague as a starting PG at the slightest, I wouldn't disagree. KCP has a lot of Eddie Jones in his game. Since, I am not feeling Teague as a starting PG for any NBA team right now. I'll take the PG's who can make Horford much better.

Sorry guys but Teague is a better PG than anyone in this draft.... But I agree he isn't the PG of our future either.

I would take at least four PG's from the draft over Teague and would venture to say that Larkin and Burke are better than Teague right now and will be forever. Sometimes you guys see Teague's talent and overstate his ability at PG. He's just an average PG, but he is pretty good talent. Can be a top 50 NBA player in the right role like Bobby Jackson.

• Premium Member

Larkin.......... is a future All-Star.

My hesitation with Larkin is of course... His size. If he was bigger and stronger, I think he's the best PG out of this draft. However, he's not. He may eek out a Nate Robinson like career.

Burke might be the best thinker (chess playing PG) in this draft, but his perimeter shooting will have to catch up with everything else for him to be right with us.

I would like to see this guy from Germany. Has good size and good reviews. Schröder... He might be a steal late. I know Ferry knows about him.

Accusations of over-valuing talent by Leadership. If that's not ironic then I don't know what is.

And the Lakers beat the Supersonics.

Please tell us how Jeff is better than Burke or Larkin? Tell us why he would be a better piece for us long term over MCW and Dennis S for us?

Edited by Leadership

• Premium Member

Sorry guys but Teague is a better PG than anyone in this draft.... But I agree he isn't the PG of our future either.

I won't know exactly what Teague is or Teague is not until we see him in a real system and without Smoove.

Understand Teague's history.

He was a Chris Paul Clone at Wake Forest but he had Turnover problems.

With us, he has been stuck in an offense that is PG by committee.

Last year, he did show some take over and averaged over 7 apg. He could not have done that using Larry Drew's PG by committee otherwise.

There was lots of motion and ball movement, yes, but what stood out was how much of the action had players cutting to the basket. It seemed there always was an option for the next man in the sequence to either accept the ball while moving to his position or reverse field and look for a cut to the basket. Not everything happens on the strong side, either, so ball-watching and inattentiveness by defenders can mean backdoor baskets.

“It’s very difficult to guard,” Conner said. “You have to be precise in your defensive schemes. You can be beat at any spot on the floor at any time. NBA teams don’t like to guard a lot of movement and screens. I’ve heard the guys [Hawks players] are all for it and are excited about it.”

For weeks L.D. has said his system would “force the ball to move” and I get that now. Things happen so fast there’s not much opportunity for holding the ball. The screens and cuts happen quickly and if the first option is not there then the ball quickly swings the other way, leading to move movement.

First off, Teague has def shown why he can be a successful PG in this league. His problem is consistency and attitude which are both very big issues. As for this draft, I don't see the value of trading out 2 picks for any of those dudes. There is talent at where we stand. Granted it might not be a PG. I'd be cool with Schröder late if that's what happens but I am not trading 2 first round picks for Burke or Larkin. I am seriously scratching my head on your assessment of Larkin.

First off, Teague has def shown why he can be a successful PG in this league. His problem is consistency and attitude which are both very big issues. As for this draft, I don't see the value of trading out 2 picks for any of those dudes. There is talent at where we stand. Granted it might not be a PG. I'd be cool with Schröder late if that's what happens but I am not trading 2 first round picks for Burke or Larkin. I am seriously scratching my head on your assessment of Larkin.

Teague gets outproduced by his opponent of the NBA season. He was a no show in the playoffs and George Hill who I've always stated was better than Jeff as a starting PG treated him like a scrub. He can't run an offense. His reads are slow. He has average BBIQ. His teammates don't trust him with the Basketball. His usage rate is higher than CP3. He always jumps the PnR which puts the player setting the screen in an offensive fouls situation. His PnR defense is horrible. Where is this successful PG you are talking about?

You said Teague was better at first, now you are backtracking saying you don't think we should move up for them. What is it going to be?

What is headscratching about Larkin? One of the better true PG's we had come into the draft since the Teague draft class.

Edited by Leadership
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Jeff Teague= A CP3 clone

Marvin Williams= A James Worthy clone This is what was said of him as he was drafted..

Joe Johnson= A Elgin Baylor clone Find where I have said this? I was a JJ fan, but nobody gets Baylor status with me.

Posted Image

#Diesel

Is it Hyperboyle or you just lying to sensationalize your point??? Hint: I'm giving you an out with Hyperboyle. Take it.

I won't know exactly what Teague is or Teague is not until we see him in a real system and without Smoove.

Understand Teague's history.

He was a Chris Paul Clone at Wake Forest but he had Turnover problems.

With us, he has been stuck in an offense that is PG by committee.

Last year, he did show some take over and averaged over 7 apg. He could not have done that using Larry Drew's PG by committee otherwise.

Posted Image

Teague played nothing like Chris Paul at Wake. He was a Shooting Guard.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2

Posted Image

Teague played nothing like Chris Paul at Wake. He was a Shooting Guard.

He played minutes at PG but he struggled greatly at the position in ACC play. I was shocked he came into the draft. I liked his potential but once I seen his PG skills were terrible and his passing skills rival it, I realized we don't have a NBA level starting PG on this roster.... AGAIN.

George Hill dominated him and Hill is just a solid PG.

Edited by Leadership