• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New on the radar? Carl Landry

sturt

• Premium Member

The Warriors also have a free agent forward in Carl Landry. He has received interest from the Warriors, Mavericks, Utah Jazz, Atlanta Hawks, Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Clippers, a source said.

– Marc J. Spears, 5:46 p.m. ET, July 1

Am I correct that Landry is the first pure 4 who's reportedly "received interest" from us?

Landry is the quintessential San Antonio-type player... depending on how the rest of the roster hashes out, I could see us being serious about him.

Am I correct that Landry is the first pure 4 who's reportedly "received interest" from us?

Landry is the quintessential San Antonio-type player... depending on how the rest of the roster hashes out, I could see us being serious about him.

Landry is not really a pure 4. 6'9" 250 who plays the game smartly. He will get a offer and be someones first PF off the bench.

Landry is not really a pure 4. 6'9" 250 who plays the game smartly. He will get a offer and be someones first PF off the bench.

He is the definition of a pure 4. Maybe not a prototypical 4, but he only plays the 4 and has a traditional type of game.

I agree with Wolves above, they are associating a lot of these guys to us simply because we have money.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I've been watching Landry for awhile... I suppose I was making the distinction that, unlike anyone else that's been mentioned (notably, Al Jefferson), he's strictly considered a 4... even though, on occasion, he may be inserted at 3 to temporarily allow the coach to go big.

And, no... not every FA has been associated with us, even though we have the most cap room... and this is the first 4.

I've been watching Landry for awhile... I suppose I was making the distinction that, unlike anyone else that's been mentioned (notably, Al Jefferson), he's strictly considered a 4... even though, on occasion, he may be inserted at 3 to temporarily allow the coach to go big.

And, no... not every FA has been associated with us, even though we have the most cap room... and this is the first 4.

Same here Sturt. I remember when Landry first blew up and then suffered a bad injury. The teams he was on, really did not have a full time position for him. He got minutes at the 3 and 4 and played good ball. He has always done whats been asked of him, so in that sense he is a Spurs type player 100%.