• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver RE-SIGNS with HAWKS 4 yr $24 million

plskeepbibby

Tanking or not, Korver at 6 mil a year? I have read that you don't have to spend 90% of your cap space on free agents, just whatever is left can be towards the players you do have. Is that correct? If so, if one wanted to truly tank, just sign vet min players and give the rest to Horford for him to sit. Posted Image

You have to spend 90% of the NBA salary cap, be it on free agents or re-signing your own guys or whatever. And Horford will make $12 million no matter what this year and giving him an extension won't change that.

• Premium Member

And that is why Batum is making almost double what Korver will.

True but there are people actually saying Korver is a better player than Batum is. So that is why I responded. Batum is clearly the better and younger player.

• Like 1

Not sure what you are getting at here?Paul George was a big reason they played in the ECF. I thought his MIP award was bogus..but I never really saw him play much honestly. He's good...I'd never put him on the same field as Batum. Maybe the other George (Hill) but not Paul George. I'd take PG without thinking twice.

That was sarcasm . People here pointing out Korver is a better shooter then Batum which makes him better then Batum is comical that I why I made that sarcastic reply . Again Paul George and Batum have very similar qualities and playing style just one plays for a great head coach and very good big man that protects the rimGeorge is better then Batum but if you switched Batum and George you wouldn't see much of a drop off outside George being better rebounder and more aggressive . George is a very good young player whose weakness is just his shot Batum is a step below George IMO and same with Leonard

True but there are people actually saying Korver is a better player than Batum is. So that is why I responded. Batum is clearly the better and younger player.

For what we are asking Korver to do, he is the better player.

And I've yet to see any defense for how Batum has gotten progressively worse each of the past 4 seasons to the point where he was below league average last year.

Nope. Batum is the more versatile player. I tend to define better as "leads to wins" and best 3PT shooter > average guy who does a lot of different things averagely.

• Like 1

Don't think we are tanking. And glad that we are not

Is middle of the pack better if we don't get a star via Free agency/Trade than it is for Ferry/Bud to start constructing the team to their vision?

• Like 1

Strongly considering purchasing a Korver jersey for next season, been a big fan of the dude's game....just didn't wanna get one last year when we weren't promised more than a season with him.

• Like 1

That was sarcasm .People here pointing out Korver is a better shooter then Batum which makes him better then Batum is comical that I why I made that sarcastic reply . Again Paul George and Batum have very similar qualities and playing stylejust one plays for a great head coach and very good big man that protects the rimGeorge is better then Batum but if you switched Batum and George you wouldn't see much of a drop off outside George being better rebounder and more aggressive . George is a very good young player whose weakness is just his shotBatum is a step below George IMO and same with Leonard

Batum is a step below George in the way that Vern Troyer is shorter than Shaq.

• Like 2

Strongly considering purchasing a Korver jersey for next season, been a big fan of the dude's game....just didn't wanna get one last year when we weren't promised more than a season with him.

I'm with ya there Robo Dog! Definitely time to add to my jersey collection, beyond Al and Josh. Especially if I might not be able to wear my Josh jerseys anymore.

• Like 1

You have to spend 90% of the cap to fill the team. We cannot give Al anymore money.

Yeah so we could have waited to end of free agency and over

You have to spend 90% of the cap to fill the team. We cannot give Al anymore money.

90 % of cap could have been filled with players on 1 year deals at end of free agency and not hurt cap going forward

Well obviously there has been a strong undercurrent of Batum fans who I just haven't noticed in my normal reading and posting.

I'll have to do some Batum research since 100 or so posts have referred to him (even though he apparently isn't even a free agent).

Is he dating a hot model?

• Like 3

Is middle of the pack better if we don't get a star via Free agency/Trade than it is for Ferry/Bud to start constructing the team to their vision?

Came just assume we will be middle of the pack. everyone assumed we wouldn't even make it to the post season this pay year after the trade. I saw let ferry n bud make their moves. They are building to their vision and how do we know that things aren't falling in place liked they planned? Let's see what we do in FA before the talk to tank and suck to another 18 win season. I think df and bud see something that makes us real contenders this year and not just first round bounced

• Premium Member

For what we are asking Korver to do, he is the better player.

And I've yet to see any defense for how Batum has gotten progressively worse each of the past 4 seasons to the point where he was below league average last year.

I told you, he had a significant wrist injury last season. His numbers before that injury were drool worthy. I know. I had him on my fantasy team and in our Hawksquawk league I had ppl sending me daily trade offers for him. Then he got hurt and he literally couldn't even shoot the ball with his injured hand. It was painful to watch him play. I'm not a stats geek but someone can find his PER and numbers pre injury and post injury and you can see the slide.

• Like 1