Pelicans and Rockets discussing Anderson for Asik

Admin

This team is becoming a joke...10th largest city in America and NO ONE wants to play here...sure we have some backups starting and Horford, but man I would kill to see one...just one superstar play in Atlanta again. I guess we tank this year, pray we get a good draft pick, and start to rebuild. Here is to waiting for 5 years!

S&T Jeff Teague and Josh Smith for Gasol and a 1st?

They would probably make it a protected 1st, but I would be down with that trade.

Here is what I don't get. Where is the scoring coming from this team? I can see the defensive focus, put you have to put points on the board to win.

You know Gasol makes 19 million this year right? We trade both of those guys and we'd have no room left to get a PG

It wouldn't be the last move we make before the start of the season, let the off season play out we will get all positions filled. The deal probably won't happen anyways.

It wouldn't be the last move we make before the start of the season, let the off season play out we will get all positions filled. The deal probably won't happen anyways.

Yeah it really would because we'd be essentially capped out with nothing but an exception to work with. At this point we need to cut some salary from the combined $22 million that Josh and Jeff are accounting for and $3 million, while leaving a massive whole at PG, isn't the best way IMO to do it.

Here is what I don't get. Where is the scoring coming from this team? I can see the defensive focus, put you have to put points on the board to win.

This is an ugly roster right now that's for sure

PG - Lou Williams (not really a PG)

SG - John Jenkins / Jared Cunningham

SF - Kyle Korver / Demarre Carroll

PF - Al Horford / Paul Millsap / Mike Scott

C - Mike Muscala

This roster makes me shake my head. I didn't ever think we would get Howard, but Iggy would have been nice, someone to put up a few points. The way this roster is looking we will be an 80 point a night team (maybe) and most assured to miss the playoffs. I don't even want to fool myself into thinking contention, unless it is lottery at this point.

Have you seen the Eastern Conference??? With Korver, Horf, Lou Williams, and Millsap, locking down an 8-seed is a piece of cake. Now I'm not saying that making the playoffs in and of itself is a huge accomplishment, as the Hawks have been there and done that.

Not sure I want an 8 seed at this point. This team needs a superstar and an 8 seed would probably hurt those chances.

Missed the point. With the bare bones roster we have right now, an 8-seed at the very least is in the bag. We could definitely make some noise (a la the Pacers) when the roster is filled out.

If we get Pek or Asik and some PG help we will definitely be a tough out for sure. We could potentially pose some problems to older teams (Brooklyn) or small-frontcourt teams (Miami).