• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague has signed a 4 year / $32 million offer sheet with Milwaukee

Admin

A89 I always love me some Kirk Goldsberry graphics, and this one is another great one. I am not surprised by Teague being up there, seemed like every time he was left open at the top of the 3 point line he let it fly and would drain it. Well, every time he didn't hesitate which was probably one out of every three times.

I wish Kirk (or one of his graduate students, he has to have tons of them I would think) would develop an app to show the hotspots for all players. But he might not be able to do that because of data issues. I think he has a connection with SportVU, he certainly used SportVU optical tracking data for one of his papers to say the least.

• 11 months later...

This Contract is looking like a bargain now when you compare it to what everyone else is getting this summer Frye, Hayward, Gordon, Chandler ect. Vasquez is a marginal backup point guard and he got 6.5mill per from toronto.

Glad to have Teague on this team! 

• Like 2

This Contract is looking like a bargain now when you compare it to what everyone else is getting this summer Frye, Hayward, Gordon, Chandler ect. Vasquez is a marginal backup point guard and he got 6.5mill per from toronto.

Teague and Frye making the same amount per year. That should tell you something. Namely that this new CBA isn't helping keep player contracts down for shit. 

• Like 2

Teague and Frye making the same amount per year. That should tell you something. Namely that this new CBA isn't helping keep player contracts down for shit.

CBA can't help stupid. One good thing is that most of these bad contracts are coming from teams in the East
  • Like 2

Wow...Looks like a lot of Posters here didn't want Ferry to match...Hope these guys now realize how disaterous that would have been for this franchise!

It's still up in the air that we should or should not have matched. Teague had 2 good months and a good playoff series to go with 2 months of awful play. We may have been better off with Monta Ellis and I still think Jennings would be good in our system.

Wow...Looks like a lot of Posters here didn't want Ferry to match...Hope these guys now realize how disaterous that would have been for this franchise!

For the record though................I wanted to match Teague by noon the next day........as I stated on page #2 of this thread.

Edited by coachx

It's still up in the air that we should or should not have matched. Teague had 2 good months and a good playoff series to go with 2 months of awful play. We may have been better off with Monta Ellis and I still think Jennings would be good in our system.

Up in the air ? I think Teague's play more than qualifies him for a 4 year $32 mill contract.

I'm so glad we have him over Jennings. Brandon Jennings shot 37% last year and has only shot over 39% once his 5 year career. Beyond his lack of efficiency he seems to have character issues. His defense is simply piss poor.

Monta Ellis is a undersized SG who didn't start 1 game at PG..........Calderon was their PG. 

• Like 1

I immediately thought of Teague at $8m/year vs. Vasquez at $6.5m/year, too.

Teague isn't perfect, but he looks like a steal compared to many of the contracts being dished out so far this FA period.

• Like 1

Up in the air ? I think Teague's play more than qualifies him for a 4 year $32 mill contract.

I'm so glad we have him over Jennings. Brandon Jennings shot 37% last year and has only shot over 39% once his 5 year career. Beyond his lack of efficiency he seems to have character issues. His defense is simply piss poor.

Monta Ellis is a undersized SG who didn't start 1 game at PG..........Calderon was their PG. 

For what it's worth, Monta controls the ball and can pass like a PG. Calderon primarily played off the ball as a spot up shooter last year.

• Like 1

I said Jennings in this system.

Monta didn't play PG but he initiated the offense a good bit and he COULD play PG if he needed to and he'd be every but the PG Teague is.

For what it's worth, Monta controls the ball and can pass like a PG. Calderon primarily played off the ball as a spot up shooter last year.

Would you want him as your starting PG ?

I'm just not a fan of Ellis as a starter............espcially as PG. I like him as a 6th man.

His arms are like a T-Rex and he is already short to begin with. Its like he plays defense with his arms tied behind his back. He is 6'3'' but with a 6'2'' wing span. For comparisons sake both Teague and Mack have a 6'7.5'' wing span.

I said Jennings in this system.

Monta didn't play PG but he initiated the offense a good bit and he COULD play PG if he needed to and he'd be every but the PG Teague is.

Some like butter pecan ice cream....others prefer strawberry......others like cookies and cream. Sure I could eat butter becan............but I'd prefer cookies and cream.

All I know is that no team has ever paired Ellis with a traditional SG and  featured him as their starting PG.

- The Bucks wanted Teague as their starting PG over both Jennnings and Ellis.

- The Mavs wanted a traditional PG, in Calderon, on the floor with him.

- The Warriors shipped him out for being a poor fit with Curry being their PG.

No team has yet to pair him with a pure SG and let him be their starting PG. There is a first for everything but he turns 29 when the season starts. Perhaps now is his time to prove he is a starting caliber PG.

His T-Rex reach and poor defense scare me more than anything.

Could Ellis play PG ? Well sure he could. He is just not the flavor I prefer.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1