• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Smith says Hawks should match the offer for Teague

Blunt91

Humor? Precisely what's so funny about being an arrogant asshole?

I'd have far more respect for you if you'd just simply be such, as opposed to being a gutless turd cannot stand behind his own assholish statements right on this board, but how you try to hide them now in the guise of 'humor', and sorry, it just doesn't wash.

Sorry but this game you like is one I don't play.

If Danny is smart he would match. Teague does have dog in him and continually improving. As far as Milwaukee, they are without a doubt, on the rise. If LD gets Jeff they have passed us. Players shall notice how Ferry treats players. Teague, Josh, Zaza, Ivan, all wanted to stay. Yet Korver at 6mil with his age passes Ferry's test.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Humor? Precisely what's so funny about being an arrogant asshole? I'd have far more respect for you if you'd just simply be such, as opposed to being a gutless turd cannot stand behind his own assholish statements right on this board, but how you try to hide them now in the guise of 'humor', and sorry, it just doesn't wash.

I would be actively moderating this if I wasn't on a phone. Take this as a formal warning and knock off the personal attacks.

Sorry but this game you like is one I don't play.

I'm sure you don't like being confronted with your own contemptuous words, but I've neither need nor apology from the likes of you, so maybe in lieu of that, you might offer your apologies to the rest of this board, or not.

Turd is as turd does.

I would be actively moderating this if I wasn't on a phone. Take this as a formal warning and knock off the personal attacks.

That's fine, and my apologies to the rest of the board. I simply choke and chafe against such unwarranted arrogance. I cannot freaking stand it, but I've said my piece, and now I'm done.

We should still be in asset collecting mode, and Teague is that, especially at a very reasonable 8 per. He may not fetch a star, but could secure another piece to get that star.

Plus, I may be crazy, but if Jeff sticks around, and we add a couple of more solid piece, I think this team might surprise. If we're not in all-out tank mode, might as well be competitive.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If Danny is smart he would match. Teague does have dog in him and continually improving. As far as Milwaukee, they are without a doubt, on the rise. If LD gets Jeff they have passed us. Players shall notice how Ferry treats players. Teague, Josh, Zaza, Ivan, all wanted to stay. Yet Korver at 6mil with his age passes Ferry's test.

Teague has yet to show he can consistently lead a team and be aggressive. I don't that changing this year. And I would gladly let the Bucks take our place as the first round and out playoff team. Give us a lottery pick so we can successfully rebuild.

• Moderators

That's fine, and my apologies to the rest of the board. I simply choke and chafe against such unwarranted arrogance. I cannot freaking stand it, but I've said my piece, and now I'm done.

Use the ignore button rather than insults next time. I suspect any statements you perceive as unwarranted arrogance are not worth lowering yourself to attacking other posters. If they are meaningless arrogance just give them the attention they deserve (ie ignore them).

Jennings can be much better with our personnel and we can get a lot more for him than we ever could for Jeff. Let Jeff go to Milwaukee, never match. Last time we matched an undersized SG playing PG, he was traded for Antione Walker. Don't repeat history. Either start Schröder or sign and start Jennings.

We should still be in asset collecting mode, and Teague is that, especially at a very reasonable 8 per. He may not fetch a star, but could secure another piece to get that star.

Plus, I may be crazy, but if Jeff sticks around, and we add a couple of more solid piece, I think this team might surprise. If we're not in all-out tank mode, might as well be competitive.

I agree with this. Young players on reasonable contracts are nice assets to have. Especially when the only other player at that position is a 19 year old rookie.

• Like 1

Use the ignore button rather than insults next time. I suspect any statements you perceive as unwarranted arrogance are not worth lowering yourself to attacking other posters. If they are meaningless arrogance just give them the attention they deserve (ie ignore them).

On a positive note, I've never seen an insult dished with such eloquence. "Dripping with such acidic contemptuousness" = gorgeous-turn-of-phrase.

• Like 1

If we resign Teague then we will definitely stunt the growth of Schroader. I know we can trade Teague later, but I don't see why you sign a guy knowing you want to trade him later. I want to see Schröder get as many minutes as he can. Let's see how good he is and can be. I don't think there is any move we can make that will put us in position to go far in the playoffs. Keep building for the next few years and not get stuck with mediocre players with big contracts.

• Premium Member

So many thought Marvin's contract was reasonable, but we see how that turned out. The more teams get to see Teague, the more they're not going to want to pay a guy who has to be constantly reminded to be aggressive roughly 8 miilion per for the next 4 years.

What the hell is the point of bringing Jeff back? We are going to run a HEAVY PnR style offense around Horford and a movement offense as well. We just lost our best passer who also had the best court vision in Smoove. Let move from this Jeff Teague era completely. Jeff is not a PG. He been though this a million times. If this was Milwaukee or if you think Horford sucks like Diesel, then I can see your logic but otherwise, the logic is terrible. Let's move completely from the Teague presence in Atlanta. Milwaukee wants him and he wants Milwaukee. Bye Jeffery.

Jennings can be much better with our personnel and we can get a lot more for him than we ever could for Jeff. Let Jeff go to Milwaukee, never match. Last time we matched an undersized SG playing PG, he was traded for Antione Walker. Don't repeat history. Either start Schröder or sign and start Jennings.

I think most anyone would see that Jennings is not a PG either. He is a shoot first volume chucker. He stinks. No Teague, fine. Just don't bring in Mini Josh (who plays no defense and shoots without conscience.)

• Like 1

• Moderators

Odd in that you gave it a "Like" vote. Sending out conflicting messages.

Thanks for noticing that. I was punching around on the phone trying to find the moderating options and must have accidentally hit the "like" button.