• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are getting rid of Horford? WHAT?!

noble

• Premium Member

Indy's in a good spot too. Letting Granger walk is FAR from the end of the world. George is still on his rookie deal and is a whole season away from his QO. They'll be in a good spot for the 2014 free agent market and they've no monetary incentive to take any salary back. From a talent perspective...again, this squad made it all the way to the ECF's and gave the Heat a run for their money - WITHOUT Granger.

Millsap to the Rockets is at least plausible. Rockets fans seemed to like him in FAcy. I think they could do better in a trade for Asik though and it really doesn't matter how much he bitches about it. Houston is in the driver's seat. And just because we really like that dude and he fits...that doesn't mean they'll just fork him over to us. He's a quality, double-double, 7 footer... They're just waiting for the best offer. Hell they might even experiment with him (though, I think we all know it's in their better interest to clear the paint for D12).

Even if we pulled off such a deal...I'm not confident that Asik/Horf/Teague is a lock for contention. It also doesn't change the fact that we've got a guaranteed window with Horford for 3 seasons. As much of a class act as he is, come 2016, his priority will be contending. That's Ferry's window if we're not talking about trading him.

Edited by Wretch

• Premium Member

Granger is a good scoring wing which is what we need. Hell i'll take someone better if we can get them but we've got a decent team. Just because we trade for him doesn't mean we're going to build around him for the long term or give him big money.

The Schizophrenia on this MS board is mind boggling...It goes from let's get rid of Horford at $12 million to let's trade ( and I'm assuming draft picks) for one dimensional Danny Granger @ $14 Million who's game is very flawed! O.K. I'll play along. So what are we going to trade to get Granger and after we get him, then what is the plan?

Edited by Peoriabird