• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2014 Free Agency

TheFuzz

I don't think it's ever too early to talk about free agents under the Ferry regime. Not sure if there's another forum for this, so lock if necessary.

Hawks players under guaranteed contract after this season:

1. Horford.....($12M)

2. Millsap......($9.5M)

3. Teague.....($8M)

4. Korver.......($6.25M)

5. Lou...........($5.45M)

6. Carroll.......($2.4M)

7. Schröder..($1.69M)

8. Jenkins.......($1.13M)

9. Draft pick

Total: $46.65M guaranteed.

Hawks players with contracts not guaranteed:

1. Antić...........($1.25M)

Restricted Free Agents:

1. Mack..........($1.15M)

2. Scott..........($1.12M)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/atlanta-hawks-team-salary

So we have somewhere between $7M and $13M in cap to play around with, and next years free agency class is solid...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents

Who should we be interested in?

Edited by TheFuzz

Considering our team needs, I would take a look at these guys:

Wings

Hayward

Turner

Both are RFA, but they're young and have some solid potential. I particularly like Hayward, think he's got #2 option upside (his production is similar to Paul George's, he's just not the defender George is). Turner will be cheaper though and I think more likely to slip under the radar.

F/Cs

Gasol

Gortat

Dirk

Ed Davis

Monroe

Jordan Hill

Are all solid players.

A nice pick, one solid trade and one solid FA signing and we're top 4 in the East easily.

• Like 1

Where's JayBird to respond with One Game lol.

Way too early to say what we will and will not have in free agency next year or who will actually be free agents. I would love to find a way to get Monroe though, although I'd prefer Drummond of course.

Considering our team needs, I would take a look at these guys:

Wings

Hayward

Turner

Both are RFA, but they're young and have some solid potential. I particularly like Hayward, think he's got #2 option upside (his production is similar to Paul George's, he's just not the defender George is). Turner will be cheaper though and I think more likely to slip under the radar.

F/Cs

Gasol

Gortat

Dirk

Ed Davis

Monroe

Jordan Hill

Are all solid players.

A nice pick, one solid trade and one solid FA signing and we're top 4 in the East easily.

Ferry's plan, precisely.

Where's JayBird to respond with One Game lol.

Way too early to say what we will and will not have in free agency next year or who will actually be free agents. I would love to find a way to get Monroe though, although I'd prefer Drummond of course.

Yesterday was the extension deadline I'm pretty sure. That's why I made the thread.

• Like 1

I just think he is better, younger, and has more upside. He rebounds better if you are only looking for one thing he does better

Aminu has absolutely zero offensive game and only had those rebounding numbers last year because no one else on that roster hit the boards hard outside of Davis (who missed his share of games). Let's see if he rebounds as well now that Davis is getting the minutes he deserves, I'd bet not.

I'd rather stick with Carroll for now than overpay for Aminu.

I'm with Spud2Nique on Chandler Parsons, I wanted the Hawks to draft him, but he's not a FA after this season. The Rockets have a team option on him which will no doubt be picked up since it's a steal at less than $1m. He'll be a FA after next season unless he gets an extension, which he probably will since that's when Lin and Asik's contracts come off the books.

Edited by WakaFlocka

Actually Fuzz I do like Hayward I'd add him to the short list, but Turner not so much. Something about Turner turns me off. Maybe his overall speed, his hesitation to pull up quicker on jumpers, not quite sure what it is but there is something.

Actually Fuzz I do like Hayward I'd add him to the short list, but Turner not so much. Something about Turner turns me off. Maybe his overall speed, his hesitation to pull up quicker on jumpers, not quite sure what it is but there is something.

I hear that. Hayward is definitely the better player but he has a chance to get massively overpaid this coming offseason. That's my only worry with him really, he's a pretty complete player right now.

Agreed on Turner, I wouldn't want to see him in a Hawks uniform.

His shooting mechanics are atrocious and his body language has always been terrible when I've watched him play. Maybe a change of scenery helps fix that, because when he was the man at Ohio State I don't recall seeing that, but I'd rather the Hawks not be the team to find out.

I like Gordon Hayward more than Greg Monroe actually but Monroe is a great fit for this system and both are still young, 23. Monroe isn't a #1 but he is a solid big man who could avg 18 and 10 ppg. Hayward can shoot and is 6'7 so he can play both sg/sf. He also is a great fit bc he can score without the basketball and plays great team basketball. With Teague/Dennis at pg and the center we drafted we could have a solid team.

Teague/Dennis

Hayward?

Monroe?

Noegueira

Not saying we'll get them, just looks good on paper.