• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The make up of this team.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We are made up very simply...

2 big men who plod down the middle every play...with a PG who can get them the ball.

To make this work, we need some eagle eye shooters and defenders.

My opinion is Bud took himself too seriously when he starting building defense first. My POV is that defense (no matter how good) will always give up points. However, if you have a stagnant offense, you won't win.

The thing missed about that San Antonio team is that they are stacked with defenders yes.. but just about everybody on that team can shoot.

Parker can shoot.

Neal can shoot.

Every new guy that they get out of free agency or the draft can shoot.

Sure, they have Duncan and another big plodding down the lane.. but when Tony Parker is running the offense, he definitely has options.

When we put Carrol on the floor, we have less options. Teague is running the team better than Parker does in San Antonio but Teague is no Parker. He doesn't have the outside shooting yet. The more I think of this blueprint, the more I think Dennis doesn't fit. He doesn't have an inside or outside shot.

So we are a poor man's San Antonio. Unfortunately, we don't have the right pieces.

My questions:

What pieces should we target to fit the mold?

What pieces do we have that don't fit now?

Will Bud go and we keep our good pieces that doesn't fit his plan.. or will these players go?

• Moderators

A lot of these players are journeymen. We don't have to be exactly like SA to be successful. We are missing a big 2 who can shoot. In actuality we may be missing a starting 2 and 3 who can shoot. Then we'd have a second unit of Dennis/Lou/Korver. But if we get a big 2 who can shoot the ball I'm ok with KK starting at the 3. Bud isn't going anywhere for a while. You can already tell he's a good head coach.

Horford is a plodder ? I think he is the fasted C in the game today.

You mention this team has a stagnant offense. I see the opposite. More player movement without the ball then other Hawk squad I've seen this decade.

We see differnt things for sure.

I agree we do need another 3 point sniper. Maybe Lou Williams and/or John Jenkins can give us that once their healthy..........but neither are lock down defenders.

I want to see a good 20 games with Lou and Jenkins healthy before I start jumping to conclusions.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1