• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about League Pass in Atlanta

AtLaS

I just moved and am considering not buying cable, because literally the only thing I need it for is sports, plus the fact that I absolutely detest Comcast.

However, wanted to get some insight of the NBA League Pass Broadband, I could stream it onto my TV no problem from my computer. What are people's experience with doing this? How is the picture, etc?

Also, the mobile version of League Pass is 54.99, any experience from anyone using the new iOS Airplay feature with an Apple TV to stream games on a big screen?

Also, since I live in Atlanta, how many games will be blacked out? Will the home games, or ESPN/TNT games be blacked out from League Pass?

Just trying to determine if I need to suck it up and get cable.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by AtLaS

NBA LP Broadband is much better quality than what you'll get through Comcast, although the dish subscribers get all HD. I've played NBA LP through AirPlay last year and it worked fine, but there's a GameTime app you can get for the AppleTV that's better. You can also play it through an XBox360 and I believe PS3.

As far as blackouts go I think you'll be screwed unless you use a service like TunnelBear that lets you make your IP address appear to be out of the Atlanta market.

OH COME ON ATLAS what the *bleep* MAN READ MY POSTS:

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/384603-nba-league-pass-pricing-announced/?hl=%2Bnba+%2Bleague+%2Bpass

just kidding. But to have a quick answer, no. You will have every single game blacked out for you since you are in the Atlanta television market. You would have to get cable and SportSouth to watch the Hawks games.

...unless these VPNs work.

Lamar, the short answer is that if you live in Atlanta and want to watch the Hawks then *DO NOT* buy League Pass. Instead, you should get a cable package that includes SportSouth and ESPN. That will give you 78 of the 82 games this year. The 4 games that are not aired locally are all home games so you should be able to just mosey on down to Philips and catch the game. (Nov. 9 vs. the Magic, Nov. 15 vs. the 76ers, Dec. 6 vs. the Cavaliers and Dec. 18 vs. the Kings.)

The long answer: http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/384603-nba-league-pass-pricing-announced/?p=650963

I have not seen anyone confirm that a VPN/Proxy/[technical jargon] will allow you to use NBALP Broadband to view Hawks games locally. Buzz and Dolf mentioned that it would/should work, but it did not sound like they have actually confirmed it working with LP.

Haha, thanks for the help guys, I should've done a search. Sounds like I'll have to get cable, I guess Tunnelbear may work but if it doesn't I'm screwed. Plus it will cost $5/month anyway. I really wish UVerse was available here but looks like I'll have to contribute to the Comcast monopoly.

Haha, thanks for the help guys, I should've done a search. Sounds like I'll have to get cable, I guess Tunnelbear may work but if it doesn't I'm screwed. Plus it will cost $5/month anyway. I really wish UVerse was available here but looks like I'll have to contribute to the Comcast monopoly.

Tunnelbear does work I know guys that use it. But you're better off getting directv if you can cause some cable companies don't have the nba games in HD except for 1 or 2 of them. I know comcast are one of those companies that only carry 1-2 games in HD.

Tunnelbear does work I know guys that use it. But you're better off getting directv if you can cause some cable companies don't have the nba games in HD except for 1 or 2 of them. I know comcast are one of those companies that only carry 1-2 games in HD.

That won't matter because he will get all Hawks games in HD because he gets the local feed. And he won't have a need for league pass with the l local feed.

Oh yeah that's right duh. Lucky bastards that get the games for free and in HD!

Yup, they don't know how lucky they are to be in Atlanta. They get Bob and Nique every game in HD. I am hoping we get the SportSouth feed on Uverse tonight.

Yup, they don't know how lucky they are to be in Atlanta. They get Bob and Nique every game in HD. I am hoping we get the SportSouth feed on Uverse tonight.

Well I know I will be getting Bob and Nique. Love having that option this year. Of course NBA TV screwed that up last night and forced me to listen to those Miami jerkoff announcers and their kabooms.

• Like 1

Well I know I will be getting Bob and Nique. Love having that option this year. Of course NBA TV screwed that up last night and forced me to listen to those Miami jerkoff announcers and their kabooms.

My NBALP Broadband just lags so far behind real time that I cannot watch that. Or if I do watch it, then I won't go in to the chat factory to ruin the experience. So League Pass on TV is preferable to me.

The last game I watched on Broadband was the Knicks game we won. I looked at the chat and people were calling the game over. I looked at my Broadband and it was 2:45 left in the fourth quarter. That is how bad it lags on me and it has always done that for me. I have had both U-Verse or Time Warner for internet, same results.

I live in Nashville (which is inexplicably still in the blackout zone for the Hawks), so LeaguePass isn't an option for me. Instead, I've gone with ballstreams.com - this is my first year using it (I paid about $30 to try it out for 3 months) and it is incredible. HD streams that never cut out, are very quick to load, and you can play it on mobile or tablet without a problem. Best of all - no blackout or region restrictions. Highly recommended!

I had Direct TV one season. They lied to me when I bought it. "Yes, you will get all the

Atlanta stations." But, when the Hawks came on, they were all blacked out. The main

reason I got their TV was to watch the Hawks.

Then I purchased the NBA package to watch thru my computer. "Any game, any time!"

Great! "Yes I could watch any game, any time." The one exception? The Atlanta Hawks.

Numerous phone calls resulted in me being assured that I should be able to watch

the Atlanta Hawks and that they were working on the problem. Finally, about two weeks

before the seasons end, they told me that I was never supposed to receive Hawk games.

That they were always supposed to be blacked out. If I canceled there would be no refund

due because I was able to watch all the other NBA games which is not what I paid for and

which I didn't watch.

So, I went back to cable and get all the Hawk games with Bob and Nique.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I wonder how long that ballstreams site will be up. They're charging people to use their hacked feeds of NBA broadcasts and the NBA can't be too happy with that. According to their site their HD feeds are in 720p so it's not full on HD but still good and I think that's the same resolution that league pass broadband offers.

Monopoly? Get DirecTV or Dish Network.

I wonder how long that ballstreams site will be up. They're charging people to use their hacked feeds of NBA broadcasts and the NBA can't be too happy with that.According to their site their HD feeds are in 720p so it's not full on HD but still good and I think that's the same resolution that league pass broadband offers.

The games are broadcast in 720, so it is the best quality you can get. No network broadcasts in 1080p.