"Chicago Firesale"

DS17Fanboy

I just visited the Bulls forum, curious about the sentiment around the Rose injury and most members around there feel their team should tank for this season and trade away whatever they have for lottery picks and expiring contracts.

Chicago has some nice pieces Hawks could use, like Noah, Boozer, or Deng. Maybe Millsap, Carrol/Korver, Schröder/Mack, Jenkins/Scott + picks for a combo of two of these three players?

Edited by DS17Fanboy

I don't think Chicago will have a fire sale immediately, they played without Rose last season and still made 2nd round of playoffs.I would take Deng if he will sign a reasonable contract (free agent next season). I will take Noah in a heartbeat. No need for Boozer and his contract.

Yeah but it feels like they are traumatized waiting for so long and then this happening again. Their team is getting older and as you said Deng turns FA. They dont know how Rose will come back and it costs them allot of cap-space. Them tanking would make allot more sense than all the talk of Atlanta tanking with two young star players and then some.

They know they maybe get the 2nd round again in this weak east but then what? They have a club attitude based on its history and based on 2011 where since then they held hope to become a championship team as long as Rose is on the team.

That ambition is crushed ATM.

Doing nothing on trades and picks and just waiting for the messiah to return and hoping his knees stay with him next time is a bad strategy I think.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Noah for Bebe, Millsap, Carrol and that Nets pick? Maybe add in Teague Jr for Schröder. Hehe

We will not be trading that Nets pick - no way, no how! Not with the possibilities that it comes.

What about adding Deng and Teague Jr to the Noah deal and send Elton Brand together with Bebe, Millsap, Carrol, Schröder and that pick to Chicago?

I mean Noah and Deng is better than having that thread. Admit its more about the thread. hehe

In Germany we say "Vorfreude ist die schönste Freude" translating into The joy of anticipation is the greatest of joys". I'd rather have some dudes who can be key players than some pick that might never happen and bench players + Millsap you got in abundance.

Imo that would look a real TEAM-TEAM enough to be srs contenders for conference finals.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Moderators

Yes a million times over for Noah! He isn't the scorer I desire, but he is the perfect center for this team by how Bud/Ferry are wanting to run things. No center in the league plays with more heart, fire, and energy than Noah. And he's Horf boy, so I'd love my Rockets/Bulls/Hawks trade + the Lakers in this instance:

Bulls receive:

PF - Pau Gasol ($19.2 mil)

C - Omer Asik ($8.8 mil)

G - Lou Williams ($5.2 mil)

G - Steve Nash ($9.3 mil, would likely retire after trade)

Total: $42.5 mil; $42.5 mil out; Sends out 4 players, receives 4 players and a ton of picks

Rockets receive:

PF - Paul Millsap ($9.5 mil)

Total: $9.5 mil in; $8.8 mil out; Sends out 1 player, receives 1 player

Hawks receive:

G - Jimmy Butler ($1.1 mil)

C - Joakim Noah ($13.0 mil)

Total: $15.2 mil; $14.7 mil out; Sends out 2 players, receives 2 players

Lakers receive:

PF - Carlos Boozer ($15.3 mil)

SF - Luol Deng ($14.3 mil)

Total: $29.6 mil: $29.6 mil out; Sends out 2 players, receives 2 players

Although this trade can't happen until Dec. 15th, the Rockets benefit by getting an actual PF that can hit the three ball which opens up the paint not only for DH12, but for Harden as well. Bulls benefit by achieving part of their "firesale" and getting short-length contracts to gain future cap space. Lakers get two guys to keep Kobe happy for the year and a TON of cap space in 2014 (I can hear the LBJ chants now). Hawks benefit by finally getting the center that Horf wants and gets Horf to where he belongs. Gives us a front court duo that can give us 8 great seasons.

The lineups:

Houston

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Paul Millsap

SF - Chandler Parsons

SG - James Harden

PG - Jeremy Lin

6th - Terrence Jones

Atlanta

C - Joakim Noah

PF - Al Horford

SF - Kyle Korver

SG - Jimmy Butler

PG - Jeff Teague

6th - Shelvin Mack

Chicago

C - Omer Asik

PF - Pau Gasol

SF - Mike Dunleavy

SG - Kirk Hinrich

PG - Derrick Rose/Steve Nash

6th - Steve Nash/Lou Williams

LA Lakers

C - Jordan Hill

PF - Carlos Boozer

SF - Luol Deng

SG - Kobe Bryant

PG - Steve Blake

6th - Nick Young

Bulls gutted w/ $25 mil+ in cap space to work with in 2014 (-20 wins). Lakers dump broken Nash and Kobe is happy with Deng and Boozer (+3 wins). Hawks get a center (+4 wins) and Rockets get a PF (+7 wins). Works on ESPN trade machine. Boom diggity.

Yes a million times over for Noah!  He isn't the scorer I desire, but he is the perfect center for this team by how Bud/Ferry are wanting to run things.  No center in the league plays with more heart, fire, and energy than Noah.  And he's Horf boy, so I'd love my Rockets/Bulls/Hawks trade + the Lakers in this instance:

Bulls receive:

PF - Pau Gasol ($19.2 mil)

C - Omer Asik ($8.8 mil)

G - Lou Williams ($5.2 mil)

G - Steve Nash ($9.3 mil, would likely retire after trade)

Total: $42.5 mil; $42.5 mil out; Sends out 4 players, receives 4 players and a ton of picks

Rockets receive:

PF - Paul Millsap ($9.5 mil)

Total: $9.5 mil in; $8.8 mil out; Sends out 1 player, receives 1 player

Hawks receive:

G - Jimmy Butler ($1.1 mil)

C - Joakim Noah ($13.0 mil)

Total: $15.2 mil; $14.7 mil out; Sends out 2 players, receives 2 players

Lakers receive:

PF - Carlos Boozer ($15.3 mil)

SF - Luol Deng ($14.3 mil)

Total: $29.6 mil: $29.6 mil out; Sends out 2 players, receives 2 players

Although this trade can't happen until Dec. 15th, the Rockets benefit by getting an actual PF that can hit the three ball which opens up the paint not only for DH12, but for Harden as well.  Bulls benefit by achieving part of their "firesale" and getting short-length contracts to gain future cap space.  Lakers get two guys to keep Kobe happy for the year and a TON of cap space in 2014 (I can hear the LBJ chants now).  Hawks benefit by finally getting the center that Horf wants and gets Horf to where he belongs.  Gives us a front court duo that can give us 8 great seasons.

The lineups:

Houston

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Paul Millsap

SF - Chandler Parsons

SG - James Harden

PG - Jeremy Lin

6th - Terrence Jones

Atlanta

C - Joakim Noah

PF - Al Horford

SF - Kyle Korver

SG - Jimmy Butler

PG - Jeff Teague

6th - Shelvin Mack

Chicago

C - Omer Asik

PF - Pau Gasol

SF - Mike Dunleavy

SG - Kirk Hinrich

PG - Derrick Rose/Steve Nash

6th - Steve Nash/Lou Williams

LA Lakers

C - Jordan Hill

PF - Carlos Boozer

SF - Luol Deng

SG - Kobe Bryant

PG - Steve Blake

6th - Nick Young

Bulls gutted w/ $25 mil+ in cap space to work with in 2014 (-20 wins).  Lakers dump broken Nash and Kobe is happy with Deng and Boozer (+3 wins).  Hawks get a center (+4 wins) and Rockets get a PF (+7 wins).  Works on ESPN trade machine.  Boom diggity.

Great trade idea, but do you think Chicago would accept Brand instead of Williams so they can tank harder? If so, we would have a great roster heading into next season

PG:Teague/Mack/Schröder

SG:Butler/Williams/Jenkins

SF:Korver/Carroll/Martin

PF:Horford/Scott/Muscala or any scrub

C:Noah/Bebe/Ayón