• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One key thing that will make Teague better

JTB

MID RANGE JUMPSHOT.....Teague really needs to start knocking that mid range jumpshot down when the shots in the paint are missing. He gets that mid range shot to go down consistently and he'd be great!Before this season Teague has been very efficient as far as jumpshooting...improving every year but this year he's not knocking down the shots he has made the last two years on the perimeter. However his attacking the basket ability has gotten way better. Once he puts it all together the damn kid will be a handful!and just to add I could care less about Teagues 3s at this time. I rather he become more consistent on his mid range jumpshot. I know he can make it, he just need to relax a lot more.

yea if he improves his mid range game it would take his scoring to the next level and help the team.

If he is only a 3 and drive to the basket player it makes defenses much easier to guard him because they know he isnt a threat to pull up so they can just clog the paint and dare him to shoot which lessens his opportunities to set up others. When he cant get into the paint that is when the whole offense struggles and we start settling for a bunch of long jumpers.

That is why I cant compare him to tony parker because a big part of tony parker game is his deadly pull up jumper from mid range and his ability to move without the ball and use screens.

yea if he improves his mid range game it would take his scoring to the next level and help the team. If he is only a 3 and drive to the basket player it makes defenses much easier to guard him because they know he isnt a threat to pull up so they can just clog the paint and dare him to shoot which lessens his opportunities to set up others. When he cant get into the paint that is when the whole offense struggles and we start settling for a bunch of long jumpers. That is why I cant compare him to tony parker because a big part of tony parker game is his deadly pull up jumper from mid range and his ability to move without the ball and use screens.

Exactly....the consistent yet deadly pull up jumper is what's keeping Teague from being a great offense talent consistently. Not worried about the 3 ball I know Teague can hit 3s he has done it consistently in other seasons with a good percentage. What's missing with Teague is that he just has more responsibility. The 3 ball will come back but the deadly mid range shooting needs to start ASAP!

• Moderators

That and learn how to be a patient ball handler. He could learn a thing or two from watching Adreian Peterson run with the football. Wait for the play to develop and then attack the creases. A lot of times Teague has tried to force a play that either wasn't there or hadn't arrived yet and ended up turning the ball over. Let the game come to you and take what the defense gives you.

• Like 1

This is Parker's 12th season. Parker in his 1st four season or so did not have a midrange game. It was either drive to the rim or shoot the 3 (which he wasn't particularly good at either). The last 4-5 years he has been deadly from midrange which developed over time. Teams would always go under screens leaving him open at midrange and he would clank it.

The first 2 weeks of the season, Teague's midrange was decent, nothing spectacular but a little better.

It is my hope he gets better as well.

Patience young Padawans, patience!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Honestly until Teague proves me wrong otherwise, I believe he'll only get better as his career progresses. Last year I felt he should have been a nominee for MIP (maybe he was) and this year, I think he'll make another step in the right direction. I think with Coach Bud here to guide him, he can become a premier PG in this league

This is Parker's 12th season. Parker in his 1st four season or so did not have a midrange game. It was either drive to the rim or shoot the 3 (which he wasn't particularly good at either). The last 4-5 years he has been deadly from midrange which developed over time. Teams would always go under screens leaving him open at midrange and he would clank it.

The first 2 weeks of the season, Teague's midrange was decent, nothing spectacular but a little better.

It is my hope he gets better as well.

Patience young Padawans, patience!

Im just saying we are trying to use teague as tony parker in his current form and he doesnt have the same skill set. Im not trying to compare their careers Im comparing them to what they are today since they are both being used as the central piece of the offense.

Tony wasnt used the same way as he was today.

Im just saying we are trying to use teague as tony parker in his current form and he doesnt have the same skill set. Im not trying to compare their careers Im comparing them to what they are today since they are both being used as the central piece of the offense. Tony wasnt used the same way as he was today.

That's true, but you have to give Teague the role so he can grow into it. He's done pretty well so far and I don't expect him to regress like previous years.