• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ryan Doumit? Doesn't make alot of sense...

ATLHawks3

I agree it is a bad move IMO. You don't give up one of your brightest prospects and best trade chips for a utility player unless its someone like Omar Infante who plays 2B and OF so you can cover for B.J. and or Uggla who gave you virtually nothing last year.

Edited by MrMeltdown

I agree it is a bad move IMO. You don't give up one of your brightest prospects and best trade chips for a utility player unless its someone like Omar Infante who plays 2B and OF so you can cover for B.J. and or Uggla who gave you virtually nothing last year.

Gilmartin had an awful year. 5+ ERA at AAA. His fastball is straight and slow. The Braves maximized his value. For all of Wren's mistakes in FA, he tends to make good trades when he's going after mid-level players. Doumit gives the Braves depth at a position of need in majors. We now can move Liard or Gattis if a big deal comes along. I see this as a pre-move to a larger deal (well, maybe that is hoping it is a pre-cursor to a larger deal).

At any rate, I think the Braves maximized the value of Gilmartin given that he appears to have stalled at AAA.