IF Asik, then what?

frankthetank966

• Premium Member

It will work we need to upgrade the SG position to a player that can penetrate...hopefully we can draft a sg like Marcus smart.I get where your coming from but it's a lot easier to move sap to the 3 if we were able to get asik that is and draft a SG than it is to try to do it any other way.

Swingman... preferably 3. We need help with rebounding too. Unfortunately, through all the iterations we have done during the ASG years, the commonality that all of our teams have shared is that when we lose the rebounding war, we lose the game. I understand that Bud's philosophy is get back on defense and surrender the offensive board. Well, that being the case, our defensive rebounding needs to be excellent. I know that that's a big part of getting Asik, but I don't want this to become a team that just chucks threes. We need to be able to penetrate and preferably have a rebounding player doing it to have one more guy in the midst.

I would settle for a 2 with these abilities but I want a three. In my mind, it becomes hard if we're down to Smart vs. Hood and it's our turn to pick. Maybe I don't have enough information (tourney) but Hood is underrated because of Parker... but that guy has game too.

I think everyone needs to remember that Asik isn't that great. Horford and Millsap have great chemistry with one another for a start. Asik will be an offensive liability and anyone who watched Atlanta play lately will know that we need some offense desperately, so he is going to make us worse in that department. And I know he has an expiring contract next year, but isn't it like 14 million next year, which at the moment would make him the highest paid player on the team..

Wouldn't we be better of as well having him pinch hit off the bench as an impact player as well and perhaps start Scott at the 3?