Small Forward 48 minutes available

AHF Proposed Rotation

Center: Asik 27 mpg; Horford 15 mpg; Scrubs 6 mpg

Power Forward: Millsap 27 mpg; Horford 19 mpg; Scrubs 2 mpg

Small Forward: Millsap 5 mpg; Others 43 mpg

Asik: Career Avg: 19.2 mpg // Rotation: 27 mpg: +8.8 mpg

Horford: Career Avg: 34.3 mpg // Rotation: 34 mpg: -0.3 mpg

Millsap: Career Avg: 27.8 mpg // Rotation: 32 mpg: +4.2 mpg

I don't see the big problem: Career:Asik - 19.2 mpg average; 30.0 mpg career highHorford - 34.3 mpg averageMilsap - 27.8 mpg average PositionsCenter 48 minutes availablePower Forward 48 minutes availableSmall Forward 48 minutes available AHF Proposed RotationCenter: Asik 27 mpg; Horford 15 mpg; Scrubs 6 mpgPower Forward: Millsap 27 mpg; Horford 19 mpg; Scrubs 2 mpgSmall Forward: Millsap 5 mpg; Others 43 mpg Asik: Career Avg: 19.2 mpg // Rotation: 27 mpg: +8.8 mpgHorford: Career Avg: 34.3 mpg // Rotation: 34 mpg: -0.3 mpgMillsap: Career Avg: 27.8 mpg // Rotation: 32 mpg: +4.2 mpg

I'll buy that and then we need a quality 3 either via the draft or FA

He's played some SF in the past and he's quick enough to handle it. I see that as far more realistic than him coming off the bench.At this point I'm hoping we can move Lou to get Asik.

I really like Lou but I'm not sure he fits this system. He has been struggling lately and I'm not sure if he's cold or lost.

IMO Muscala or BeBe neither will play significant minutes in the NBA. I hope I'm wrong

Well long term we look at Muscala and Bebe playing their minutes and then draft a SF? That gives us both vets and young guys.

Have to agree. Bebe and Muscalla may never be in a Hawks uniform. Seems like those picks have been high risk high reward.

Go to a jazz board and ask them about Millsap at the 3. He was not good there at all. IMO if we trade for Asik then this offseason we either flip Horford or Millsap for a 3 or 2.

Think you'd be right. Horf or Milsap would be gone.

I don't see the big problem:

Career:

Asik - 19.2 mpg average; 30.0 mpg career high

Horford - 34.3 mpg average

Milsap - 27.8 mpg average

Positions

Center 48 minutes available

Power Forward 48 minutes available

AHF Proposed Rotation

So Horford would come off the bench? That would never happen.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade here, but we really shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Lets just see if there is actually any hope at all to us getting Asik because there is nothing really outstanding right now saying we will obtain him.

• Premium Member

Not trying to rain on anyones parade here, but we really shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. Lets just see if there is actually any hope at all to us getting Asik because there is nothing really outstanding right now saying we will obtain him.

I don't know if we will obtain him, but I believe that he will be dealt. Houston is not taking on Him and Lin's Salary in their final year. I think that the Chicago/Houston/Atlanta deal has some legs. I think DM wants to shake a first round pick from us and Ferry Balked. However, if we hold tight, I think the deal will probably come back around again and we might get Asik for DMC/2nd rounder.

Career:

Positions

AHF Proposed Rotation

Asik wants 35+ minutes though. That is one reason why he is complaining in Houston.

If it was that bad then why would they have played him more minutes if it wasn't working? If anything that shows the Jazz coaches saw it wasn't working either which lends more credence to what they said.

Because they had quality SFs on the roster and had little need to play him there. You're reading far too much into that.

Career:

Positions

AHF Proposed Rotation

And what of Mike Scott? He's got value and I'd hate to let him rot on the bench.

• Premium Member

If we get Asik, either Horf or Millsap is traded or goes to the bench.

More than likely, we get Asik and then we also get a good draft pick (if Brooklyn holds the line).

This is a forward's draft so we will likely come away with a good swingman. No need to keep two top quality PFs. I'm struggling with Horf's health and I don't know how well Horf would play beside Asik. I don't really like the idea of Millsap at SF... I would do it but I would much rather see Millsap at PF and us having a wingman who can fly. People we do need some athleticism on this team.

• Moderators

So Horford would come off the bench? That would never happen.

I didn't say that. I just said he won't play a majority of the minutes at any single position under my scenario. I don't see why he can't play his usual minutes and split them between PF and C.

I am also not sure that starting really makes much difference but if Horford is healthy I think you are probably starting Asik/Horford/SF and bringing Millsap off the bench or Horf/Millsap/SF depending on the matchup.

• Moderators

Asik wants 35+ minutes though. That is one reason why he is complaining in Houston.

I think he is complaining because he is playing only 18 minutes a game and they are marginalizing him with Dwight filling the role he had last year and Asik being asked to take a secondary position to him in that role. He can be the "man" in the paint for the Hawks and play near his career high minutes. If he can be effective at >30mpg, great. Houston didn't think he could last season when they had no other option, though, so I am not convinced. If he can, however, you can play Horford a few less given the injuries he has had the last couple years and keep him healthy.

And what of Mike Scott? He's got value and I'd hate to let him rot on the bench.

If you have Horford and Millsap both healthy and Asik starting at center, Scott is rotting on the bench. There is no way around that.

Scott has exceeded my expectations but he isn't a reason to pass on any of those guys, IMO.

Edited by AHF

While this debate is hypothetical I think it will be a while before Horford can return to his full workload next season so I'd expect him to start slow and work his way up to say 30 mpg. As for Scott he may have to start getting used to guarding 3s primarily.

More than likely, we get Asik and then we also get a good draft pick (if Brooklyn holds the line).

This is a forward's draft so we will likely come away with a good swingman. No need to keep two top quality PFs. I'm struggling with Horf's health and I don't know how well Horf would play beside Asik. I don't really like the idea of Millsap at SF... I would do it but I would much rather see Millsap at PF and us having a wingman who can fly. People we do need some athleticism on this team.

Horford has been one of my favorite players because of his consistency and energy. However, his health concerns me also.

Interesting....you want some kind of high flying dunker at the 3 and I just want a solid consistent good player who has post moves and can hit the 3 for example milsap.

You guys are taking the milsap thing way too far and doubting him for absolutely no reason....I believe that milsap provides these 5 things at small forward that are a huge advantage for him:

1. Great size for a SF... He could really help this hawks team out against bigger SFs like lebron, melo, etc. by just using his size on the perimeter and putting a body on these guys.

2. He's very consistent much like horford

3. He's smart enough to take advantage with his post moves against smaller SFs which gives the hawks an offensive advantage against many teams.

4. He can consistently hit the 3 ball like he has shown all season.

5. He would be a huge help at grabbing boards at the 3....And we really need that!

I don't care about no high flying wing man when I can have a player like sap. The best part about it is that he fits buds system perfectly. Besides ice seen sap throw the hammer down on his opponents, so there's ya high flying right there!

• Like 1

I think he is complaining because he is playing only 18 minutes a game and they are marginalizing him with Dwight filling the role he had last year and Asik being asked to take a secondary position to him in that role. He can be the "man" in the paint for the Hawks and play near his career high minutes. If he can be effective at >30mpg, great. Houston didn't think he could last season when they had no other option, though, so I am not convinced. If he can, however, you can play Horford a few less given the injuries he has had the last couple years and keep him healthy.

If you have Horford and Millsap both healthy and Asik starting at center, Scott is rotting on the bench. There is no way around that.

Scott has exceeded my expectations but he isn't a reason to pass on any of those guys, IMO.

There is a way around it, it's called playing Millsap the majority of his minutes at SF. I firmly believe that's he plenty athletic enough to pull it off. That way there's a lot of minutes left over for Scott at PF and some at SF.

While this debate is hypothetical I think it will be a while before Horford can return to his full workload next season so I'd expect him to start slow and work his way up to say 30 mpg. As for Scott he may have to start getting used to guarding 3s primarily.

Horford should be good to go day 1 next year. But I agree Scott can get minutes at the SF spot and Ferry has said as much when we drafted him.

• Premium Member

Interesting....you want some kind of high flying dunker at the 3 and I just want a solid consistent good player who has post moves and can hit the 3 for example milsap.You guys are taking the milsap thing way too far and doubting him for absolutely no reason....I believe that milsap provides these 5 things at small forward that are a huge advantage for him:1. Great size for a SF... He could really help this hawks team out against bigger SFs like lebron, melo, etc. by just using his size on the perimeter and putting a body on these guys.2. He's very consistent much like horford3. He's smart enough to take advantage with his post moves against smaller SFs which gives the hawks an offensive advantage against many teams.4. He can consistently hit the 3 ball like he has shown all season.5. He would be a huge help at grabbing boards at the 3....And we really need that!I don't care about no high flying wing man when I can have a player like sap. The best part about it is that he fits buds system perfectly. Besides ice seen sap throw the hammer down on his opponents, so there's ya high flying right there!

High Flyer? Uhm... somebody who can jump up and get boards. Somebody who can run the wing. We have a collection of shooters and nobody who can penetrate and finish. That's not going to work.

We need someone on the wing who can break down defenses late in the shot clock - only Teague can do that and he isn't consistent. Korver, DMC,Cartier all need someone to help free them up for a shot. Having another ball handler would be good.

High Flyer? Uhm... somebody who can jump up and get boards. Somebody who can run the wing. We have a collection of shooters and nobody who can penetrate and finish. That's not going to work.

It will work we need to upgrade the SG position to a player that can penetrate...hopefully we can draft a sg like Marcus smart.I get where your coming from but it's a lot easier to move sap to the 3 if we were able to get asik that is and draft a SG than it is to try to do it any other way.