• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What happened to all the Millsap haters?

ATLscrubLove

• Premium Member

Was there really anyone that was completely against Millsap? I remember people not liking spending money on a level B player and not rebuilding since we missed out on CP3/Dwight (like myself) but no one I remember was blasting Millsap as a player or saying the contract was horrible.

This s pretty much me. Millsap is my kind of player and I said over and over again that he was going to be a MUCH better fit for this team than Josh. At the same time, I felt like the Kover/Millsap signings were the wrong direction to go in. I like Korver, I love Millsap, and this team is an absolute JOY to watch without the knuckleheadedness...but I would have rebuilt through the draft around Horford and Teague. Honestly, I would have done that two seasons ago.But yeah...I don't think there were many Millsap "haters." Guy is solid.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't remember my immediate reaction but I would guess I was frustrated that we were setting ourselves up for an insignificant playoff appearance ala our recent appearances and missing an opportunity to go after one of the franchise players in this year's draft.

• Like 1