• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thank you, David Stern!

ATLHawks3

Well basketball is not as culturally ingrained a sport as baseball, football, etc. as it's often considered an "urban" sport, so no I wouldn't expect it to be as popular as other staple sports but let's not try and pretend that you can't be considered successful at something simply because you aren't the best at it. Soccer isn't a culturally ingrained sport in America either yet it's gaining a steady foothold too. Geez I would hate to be your kid, you'd put every Chinese parent to shame with your expectations.

The fact that Nascar is more popular speaks volumes about how much people really care about the NBA. End of thread

Star calls literally make the game sickening to watch sometimes, feather touch phantom whistles. The fact that there is no parody, no surprise teams, you can predict the champ before the tip off of each season. Thats my issue with Sterns NBA. He sold the soul of the game to promote certain players as immortal basketball Gods. Thing is Jordan was the greatest, it was clear. Stern has tried to recreate Jordan by pacifying great players with slanted officiating to the point where people now think you cant win without a Superstar" who creates his own shot and gets fouled. You cant win without getting to the free throw line, thats the NBA and everyone can see it. People love stars, but they also love fairness, parody, and having a fighting chance. College basketball is the highest level of the sport in this regard. NBA is the WWE. The NFL, MLB, they have big market and small market teams too, they have superstars who are the faces of the sport, but each team still has to play the game and prove it and people still love the product. People would still love Lebron if he didnt shoot 20 free throws a game and get bs calls. Let greatness be great, you dont have to make the game easier them and harder for everyone else just so the average fan can notice Lebron, KD, Melo, etc, are better than the rest. Real talent will show itself

• Like 3

Star calls literally make the game sickening to watch sometimes, feather touch phantom whistles. The fact that there is no parody, no surprise teams, you can predict the champ before the tip off of each season. Thats my issue with Sterns NBA. He sold the soul of the game to promote certain players as immortal basketball Gods. Thing is Jordan was the greatest, it was clear. Stern has tried to recreate Jordan by pacifying great players with slanted officiating to the point where people now think you cant win without a Superstar" who creates his own shot and gets fouled. You cant win without getting to the free throw line, thats the NBA and everyone can see it. People love stars, but they also love fairness, parody, and having a fighting chance. College basketball is the highest level of the sport in this regard. NBA is the WWE.The NFL, MLB, they have big market and small market teams too, they have superstars who are the faces of the sport, but each team still has to play the game and prove it and people still love the product. People would still love Lebron if he didnt shoot 20 free throws a game and get bs calls. Let greatness be great, you dont have to make the game easier them and harder for everyone else just so the average fan can notice Lebron, KD, Melo, etc, are better than the rest. Real talent will show itself

The league clearly oversold MJ and those stupid MJ rules were worse than Durant's foolishness in OKC v. us.

I don't agree with Whitlock but I understand his main point. Stern stop focusing so much on the older gen. He was the first to move to globalization, soical media, the internet, before others. His idea for the league is to be trendsetters. He doesn't care about doing it the American way like Baseball and Football. It's the global way.

He understates the race issues in this country. With that said, I gurantee if Love had a great squad around him and he was the #1 option, the NBA ratings would jump up by 4 points. This is a country divided by race.

Superstars have always gotten calls. Since Bird, Magic, MJ, Hakeem, and now. It's like the Seahawks who commit a lot of holding but don't get called often because they do it all the time.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I had "urban" in quotations for a reason. The ranking of American sports speaks a lot volumes about the people who watch them too.

I saw that, I'm just not buying it as an excuse for the NBA being less popular than Nascar or as an excuse to be a Stern fanboy.

Yes thank you very muck Stern for retiring! How anyone can praise the guy who has made basketball almost unwatchable forthe small market fanbase is something I do not understand. Thank you Mr. STERN FOR making it impossible to guard superstarsin the NBA! Thank you Stern for driving away important fans and fanbases! Thank you Stern for breeding the most annoying fan in pro sports today on the planet , absolutley the most pathetic , the superstar fanboy! Thank you Mr. Stern. NOW DO NOT LET THE DOOR HIT YOUR ASS ON THE WAY OUT! Hurry please before tennis overtakes NBA basketball in ratings

• Like 1