• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is Joe Ingles?

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Ingles-1119/

Can he handle the ball and create his own shot? Or is he a KK type player? We need another ball handler/facilitator type player.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Draftexpress says he has good enough handles to be a 6'8" point guard. lol

Lol - ok.So what's the word? Where is he going?Is he joining a team this season? Edited by JayBirdHawk

He is an Aussie. He played really well as a 19 year old in our National League and was probably our best player in the London Olympics, ahead of Mills. He has a pretty well rounded game.Most Australians tend not to be too athletic by NBA standards so from an intangibles perspective they are pretty well coached from early to offset this and most kids here play Australian rules football or rugby so they tend to be pretty tough. He can handle the ball well for his size with both hands and shoots the mid range well.You COULD play him at the point in short bursts but I honestly think he is best suited to the 3 in the NBA, probably in a team focussed environment or in a line up where the PG can play off the ball. Passes the ball well for someone of any size.He is probably a poor mans Toni Kukoc.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

He looks like a poor man's Manu Ginoblili to me... which isn't a bad thing. Bald spot and hair and all..

• Moderators

He is an Aussie. He played really well as a 19 year old in our National League and was probably our best player in the London Olympics, ahead of Mills. He has a pretty well rounded game.Most Australians tend not to be too athletic by NBA standards so from an intangibles perspective they are pretty well coached from early to offset this and most kids here play Australian rules football or rugby so they tend to be pretty tough. He can handle the ball well for his size with both hands and shoots the mid range well.You COULD play him at the point in short bursts but I honestly think he is best suited to the 3 in the NBA, probably in a team focussed environment or in a line up where the PG can play off the ball. Passes the ball well for someone of any size.He is probably a poor mans Toni Kukoc.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This may be the most readable, informative, intelligent first post ever on the squawk. Thanks! Why does it say 1 post, joined 2011 or am I an idiot?

• Like 2

He has received interest from Memphis every offseason.

I'm not a big fan of him, but he has good size, handles and it seems that he has improved his shoot.

Has always played much better in his national team than with Barcelona. Maybe Barcelona's system wasn't the best for him.

I don't know how much he earns, but I would say that he earns there, is more than a minimum.

He's gotta be better than Cartier and more consistent than Lou. Bring him home Danny!

From what I have seen all those years, he is the opposite of consistency XD

But as I said, Barcelona wasn't the best team for him, and maybe he could be better in our system. It seems that has improved in Israel too.

From what I have seen all those years, he is the opposite of consistency XDBut as I said, Barcelona wasn't the best team for him, and maybe he could be better in our system. It seems that has improved in Israel too.

I have to agree to an extent about his consistency. Although he is a capable shooter, his release isn't particularly fast so he tends to play well next to guards who can penetrate, hence why he looks better in the National team with Mills. It just allows to be a bit more open, more often. I am not overly familiar with Barcelona in terms of system so I can't comment. Our system may work well for him as we move the ball well, which may help highlight some of his better attributes. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

This may be the most readable, informative, intelligent first post ever on the squawk. Thanks! Why does it say 1 post, joined 2011 or am I an idiot?

Haha, thanks. I have been meaning to post more but the time difference being in Melbourne makes it difficult to get too involved in discussion. Most games are played at around midday here so I am usually at work and by the time I get home it is around 3am ET in the US. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk