• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford Updates?

TheFuzz

Why would the Hawks amnesty their best player (when healthy) on a good contract...?

2 of the same season ending fluke injuries in 3 years. That's a major red flag and while it seems nuts we could get a pretty darn good healthy player for that $12 million.

• Premium Member

I think we really have to decide on this 4/5 issue. Is Horf gonna be the 5 or are we gonna get a 5 and move him to the 4? Did the injuries occur because he was playing the 5? I don't think so. If we get a 5, move Horf to the 4 do we keep Sap? Can Sap play the 3 effectively?

I think we really have to decide on this 4/5 issue. Is Horf gonna be the 5 or are we gonna get a 5 and move him to the 4? Did the injuries occur because he was playing the 5? I don't think so. If we get a 5, move Horf to the 4 do we keep Sap? Can Sap play the 3 effectively?

We need to keep Sap. He was the steal of Free Agency last summer and backed it up with being an All-Star. I'd be thrilled if we extended him. If there ever is a "lunch pail" guy, it's him. Shows up, does his work, and doesn't bitch. He could play the three, he's shown he can hit the the three. But I wouldn't complain if Al Horford and Paul Milsap were our starting frontcourt

• Like 1

2 of the same season ending fluke injuries in 3 years. That's a major red flag and while it seems nuts we could get a pretty darn good healthy player for that $12 million.

I understand that, but I think it'd be absolutely absurd to amnesty Al this coming offseason without even seeing how he comes back from this injury. If he suffers another major injury next year, then hey I was totally wrong - but at that point, after next season he's an expiring contract and would be tradable (Emeka Okafor, anyone?).