• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeSean Jackson released by Eagles after 6 seasons with team

HawkItus

• 1 month later...

I despise that guy.

I work with a life long Eagles fan and he despises Chip Kelly. A lot of Eagles fans cannot believe DeSean was just released and hate Chip for doing this. Its not about money to their fans; its about getting value for a good player. They think Its also about being a Chip player to make it with the Eagles no matter what your talent level.

Can you imagine the uproar if we just cut Roddy White not just after six seasons; but also after his best year as a pro? And then to make matters worse, Roddy signs with our arch rivals Saints. Kelly may be a decent X's and O's coach; but he and the Eagles front office is a joke from a management perspective.

Edited by Buzzard

Desean was a knucklehead both on and off the field and it was most telling when practically no one from the Eagles locker room stood up for him or gave any uproar when he was cut. Even going back to Terrell Owens the locker room was pretty much evenly split between his camp and McNabb's but for Desean you heard nothing but crickets. The fact the trade market was so barren forcing a cut in the first place and then his former biggest supporter in Andy Reid also passed on him despite a huge need in KC when he was a free agent just tells me that there's waaaaaaaaaaay too much smoke for there to not be fire. Him signing in Washington doesn't mean anything to me, Dan Snyder comes from the Al Davis school of just throwing contracts at the biggest names you know, chemistry be damned.

Desean's situation reminds me too much of Josh and your friend's complaints sounds a lot like a lot of Hawk fans that were mad at Ferry for not getting anything for him, Buzz. My biggest gripe with Kelly is him trying to assemble the Pac 12 East but if those are the type of guys needed to buy into his on the field and off the field programs then so be it. Going into last season the Eagles were preseason leaders for the Clowney/Manziel sweepstakes yet Chip got them to within a last second field goal for a Wildcard victory. He's earned enough leeway from this Eagles fan.

Desean was a knucklehead both on and off the field and it was most telling when practically no one from the Eagles locker room stood up for him or gave any uproar when he was cut. Even going back to Terrell Owens the locker room was pretty much evenly split between his camp and McNabb's but for Desean you heard nothing but crickets. The fact the trade market was so barren forcing a cut in the first place and then his former biggest supporter in Andy Reid also passed on him despite a huge need in KC when he was a free agent just tells me that there's waaaaaaaaaaay too much smoke for there to not be fire. Him signing in Washington doesn't mean anything to me, Dan Snyder comes from the Al Davis school of just throwing contracts at the biggest names you know, chemistry be damned.

Desean's situation reminds me too much of Josh and your friend's complaints sounds a lot like a lot of Hawk fans that were mad at Ferry for not getting anything for him, Buzz. My biggest gripe with Kelly is him trying to assemble the Pac 12 East but if those are the type of guys needed to buy into his on the field and off the field programs then so be it. Going into last season the Eagles were preseason leaders for the Clowney/Manziel sweepstakes yet Chip got them to within a last second field goal for a Wildcard victory. He's earned enough leeway from this Eagles fan.

My friends two biggest gripes are:

Not getting anything ( 4th,5th round pick, anything; plus you control his destination )

And yours: Trying to bring a college football style offense to the NFL. Making offense about fit and not talent. This is the NFL, its all about talent.

He did make the playoffs, but he did that with some talent he obviously thinks he can do without...