• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WNBA Draft - Tonight ESPN 2 8 PM

Randy

You read it here first. My final mock draft:

I admit my Dream selections are probably a bit of wishful thinking. Hartley would be the safer choice if she's available. The second round choices are pretty much a guess. Team Order Name Pos. CT 1 Chiney Ogwumike PF TU 2 Odyssey Sims PG SA 3 Alyssa Thomas F NY 4 Kayla McBride G IN 5 Stefanie Dolson C DC 6 Natasha Howard F SEA 7 Chelsea Gray PG ATL 8 Shoni Schimmel G IN 9 Bria Hartley G CHI 10 Markeisha Gatling C CT 11 Meighan Simmons G MN 12 Natalie Achonwa F TU 13 Jordan Hooper F NY 14 Tyaunna Marshall G MN 15 Tiffany Bias G SA 16 Tricia Liston G PHO 17 Aaryn Ellenberg G ATL 18 Christina Foggie G SEA 19 Hallie Christofferson F ATL 20 Maggie Lucas G PHO 21 Michelle Plouffe F CHI 22 DeNesha Stallworth C LA 23 Cassie Harberts F MN 24 Teresa Plaisance C Edited by Randy
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Beat me to it! :-) And well done! I'll have half-an-eye on this while the Hawks and Cats are playing!

3 Top 20 picks seems very promising! Especially given how well ATL has drafted the past couple of drafts, although we do have a whole new regime so we'll see how they do.

Would love Shoni of course (might even be able to trade down a few spots to get her anyway), but I have a good feeling Hartley may be available as well, and I agree it would be too tough to pass her up.

I'd like to see Tyaunna sneak into the first-round, but that's just me viewing the draft with yellow(-jacket)-tinted glasses.

~lw3

• Like 1

Just in time to screw up my mock draft there is not a pretty solid story saying Tina Charles (CT Sun) is traded to NY for Kelsey Bone and the No. 4 pick. I don't know what this will do, but don't see why CT wouldn't take McBride anyway. Bone is a 6-4 center so they don't really need Dolson, though I could see 4 and 5 changing order because of this.

• Like 1

Never seen Harberts play - she's 6-2 forward 15. pt, 7 reb per game. We really need depth at PF, so I hope she's got what it takes. None of our other signees or draft picks can fill that role.

I saw one of Inga's games - and didn't see much. Basically a 12-13 ppg player for the last 3 years at USF. She's mainly a perimeter player, from Ukraine, I think. I did here an interview with Jeff House (KY assistant, and ex WNBA asst. coach) who called her out as the sleeper of the draft. Who knows?

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nice job nailing a lot of those mock picks, Randy! Especially 1-15!

Also: Congrats to Sancho! Her team (Galatasaray) beat Angel's (Fenerbahçe) in the Euroleague Women's final on Sunday. Sancho injured her ankle before the semifinal, but played through it with seemingly no problems (19&12 in the Final). Hopefully she'll be fine by next month. Sancho has now won the Eurobasket and Euroleague titles in the last 10 months.

~lw3

• 3 weeks later...

Now that our beloved Hawks are done for this season, we have the

opening of the WNBA season only a few days away and I am looking

forward to seeing these new players on our roster.

GO DREAM !!

• Like 1