• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Brilliance of Mike Budenholzer and the Hawks: Game 6 Video Breakdown

GameTime

I tend to agree with this...adding in the comfort level our players have finally got with Bud's system.

I think when you talk "talent" you have to make some kind of an average or equation that takes into account athleticism and skill. Smoove is a good example. Outstanding athleticism but average at best basketball skills. Paul Millsap (on the other hand) doesn't have the explosive athleticism of Smoove...but is FAR more skilled at the actual game of basketball.

Lol perfectly said....I need to learn how to wrap my long threads into shorter threads like this.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I tend to agree with this...adding in the comfort level our players have finally got with Bud's system.

I think when you talk "talent" you have to make some kind of an average or equation that takes into account athleticism and skill. Smoove is a good example. Outstanding athleticism but average at best basketball skills. Paul Millsap (on the other hand) doesn't have the explosive athleticism of Smoove...but is FAR more skilled at the actual game of basketball.

Both JTB and DJ have a lot of good points.

I love the comparison of Smoove and Sap. You work out the two players in a gym and you come away thinking Josh is probably better. Then you watch them play for 82 games and you see Millsap is better.

Millsap has the superior coach and system, but we really had the option of the two players. Ferry knew that Millsap was the better fit. Our system allows us to get the smarter player.

Woodson and Drew needed the athletic/talented player like Josh. To me, this is one of the biggest changes with Bud. We don't need a Lance Stephenson because he doesn't fit into what we do.

Over time we will get more players like Millsap. If we keep Bud we will be really good, maybe as good as the Spurs. Imagine Teague/Horf/Sap plus another good player in this system for many years.