• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When Bud reviews this game, I hope he corrects 2 things

IBelieveInFerry

Seems like Indy ran the same offensive play over and over again down the stretch and Millsap blew the assignment 100% of the time. It was a simple pick and roll involving George Hill handling the ball with David West setting the pick. Paul is suppose to show briefly and then get back to his man which didn't happen. Instead Paul chose a soft double team with made a roll pass back to West as simple as it gets. West scored at will in the 4th.

The second irritation is Korver's defense. Seem like he always drifts away from his man loosing him at the wrong time for easy layups like the last Stevenson score on a put back. If you gonna shoot 36% from the field, at least play a little defense on basic offensive sets!

Seems like Indy ran the same offensive play over and over again down the stretch and Millsap blew the assignment 100% of the time. It was a simple pick and roll involving George Hill handling the ball with David West setting the pick. Paul is suppose to show briefly and then get back to his man which didn't happen. Instead Paul chose a soft double team with made a roll pass back to West as simple as it gets. West scored at will in the 4th.

The second irritation is Korver's defense. Seem like he always drifts away from his man loosing him at the wrong time for easy layups like the last Stevenson score on a put back. If you gonna shoot 36% from the field, at least play a little defense on basic offensive sets!

Right but it's not just him who does that

The Hawks love to play that kind of terrible defense

What a heart breaker....(saddy face)...I thought we were doomed early in the 3rd...then the nice run...then, then, then, poop at the end.

I blame Nique for being too optimistic when we were only up four.

Not letting Bud off the hook totally though (although Scotty and others were leaving wide open shots short all night)....Bud had to see that Pero was a mess most of the game. Granted Bud has limited options, but Pero almost single-handedly lost this game....with some help from Lou and dumb-assed Shelvin not backing out of that "fast" break when surrounded.

Oh well...off to Indy to lose by 12...then Indy goes to the ECFs...who we picking at #15?

On the positive side...as an animal lover..at least Bird's dog won't get kicked tonight.

Paul and Korver should be the least of Bud's concern. Can they tighten up some things? Sure.

But his review of this game should focus elsewhere first.

Paul and Korver should be the least of Bud's concern. Can they tighten up some things? Sure.

But his review of this game should focus elsewhere first.

I was referring to simple defensive errors which can be easily corrected contributing to the lost. On the other hand no matter how much we complain, we can't make Pero a better player

• Premium Member

I was referring to simple defensive errors which can be easily corrected contributing to the lost. On the other hand no matter how much we complain, we can't make Pero a better player

We can definitely make him a more consistent bench-warmer.

• Like 1

I think the Great Pero experiment is over!

Most probably not. Seems like everyone is forgetting why he is playing in the first place. Our front court has been depleted by injury. I don't think Bud enjoys playing him all those minutes, but Brand can't play too many minutes and Muscala isn't ready, nor would I expect him to be.
  • Like 2

...Our front court has been depleted by injury. I don't think Bud enjoys playing him all those minutes, but Brand can't play too many minutes and Muscala isn't ready, nor would I expect him to be.

Yeah...sadly you are right...if we just had ONE MORE decent big this game could have gone our way. Dammit. There were times when we were running a lineup out there tonight that looked (size-wise) more like the University of Alabama at Birmingham than an NBA team.

Much as I think D.F. has made some good moves and the ownership is trying to step up a bit...c'mon? Al Horford was hurt early in the year. Well before the trade deadline. They could have done something.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

Yeah...sadly you are right...if we just had ONE MORE decent big this game could have gone our way. Dammit. There were times when we were running a lineup out there tonight that looked (size-wise) more like the University of Alabama at Birmingham than an NBA team.

Much as I think D.F. has made some good moves and the ownership is trying to step up a bit...c'mon? Al Horford was hurt early in the year. Well before the trade deadline. They could have done something.

Who was available that you wanted?

I believe the plan at that time was to play the lottery.

Kyle Korver has played solid defense this whole series. He has been matched up on PG and has done a solid job of staying in front of his man esp considering he is not an elite athlete.

The defense that we run is help, and trust your help. If Korver cheats off his man every now and then it doesn't mean he's playing bad D. It's far more about defensive rotation than one on one.

Game 6 I noticed some sloppy ball handling and careless turnovers by our guards much like the 3rd quarter stretch in game two.

I think the biggest key is that we missed open looks. the crux of a shooting team is that some days the shots aren't going to fall.. Then consider that we were only down by 2 with 35 seconds remaining in the game.. We can definitely hang with this Pacers team..

Also huge shout out to our fans for showing up to the game!!

• Like 1