• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is Teague soooooo inconsistent?

Bonkers

Teague is playing well but damn it - I WANT MORE!

Bud says he wants the action to start in the paint then let everything else develop. That starts with Teague. I don't like Teague playing off the ball especially in the 4th cuz we don't have another competent ball handler to create for himself or others (except Sap).

I'm not hating just facting!

Very true, all facts no hate BUT when I see Bud's scheme being ran on the court a lot of times Teague goes up the court and passes the ball to whoever at the top of the ark and the play starts. It just seem to me that Bud has to take some blame for this because it seems like he has told teague to play more off ball than with the ball especially when Paul George is guarding him.

But Im with you I WANT MORE Jeff Teague attacking this team as much as possible throughout the WHOLE game but I think its more coach bud's scheme than it is Jeff….just my opinion.

You people don't know basketball, Teague is pulling Paul George to the corner and allowing the rest of the team better shots. Teague might be our best player but Paul George is their best player and having George on Teague helps the rest of the team. That includes Millsap, Korver and Horford when he comes back.

You may have answered my question on why Teague is playing so much off ball and not attacking as much when Paul george is on him.

If what you say is true, its a good strategy from coach bud but at some point you have to realize that your team isn't consistent enough on the offense end and your best player need to do more in the scoring department.

It just seem to me that Bud has to take some blame for this because it seems like he has told teague to play more off ball than with the ball especially when Paul George is guarding him.

Some blame? 100% of the time, Teague is running the play called by the bench. Whether is a pin down for Millsap or Korver coming off a double screen, all players have to run the play that is called. Bud nor any coach isn't going to just tell his point guard to drive the lane on every play to get the offense started and let the chips fall where they may. Teague is running plays just like the other 4 Hawks out there. So it is not Teague's decision whether to drive aggressively to the basket on every play which is what I think some are suggesting

Edited by IBelieveInFerry

It just seem to me that Bud has to take some blame for this because it seems like he has told teague to play more off ball than with the ball especially when Paul George is guarding him.

Some blame? 100% of the time, Teague is running the play called by the bench. Whether is a pin down for Millsap or Korver coming off a double screen, all players have to run the play that is called. Bud nor any coach isn't going to just tell his point guard to drive the lane on every play to get the offense started and let the chips fall where they may. Teague is running plays just like the other 4 Hawks out there. So it is not Teague's decision whether to drive aggressively to the basket on every play which is what I think some are suggesting

2014 Playoffs
Tony Parker: 17.0 2.2 4.6 0.6 0.2 0.457 0.750 0.333 32.2
Jeff Teague: 19.8 3.8 5.3 0.8 0.5 0.406 0.941 0.360 34.5
Seems to me Teague is playing the position like it is supposed to be played in Spurs system.