• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where there's trade smoke there's possibly fire

Admin

Just doesn't make sense from the Kings end unless more is involved.

I can see them liking Dennis enough to trade down with us and maybe they throw in a second. But Dennis straight up for eight makes no sense. I hope they do it; but I won't believe it until I see it. Knight on the other hand proved he can score in this league last season; that seems more plausible.

Come on draft night!

Edited by Buzzard

I'm calling it that we are going to make the Dennis for 8 swap. People on both ends will be surprised but we're going to do it. God willing Gordon will still be there at 8 and Ennis at 15. Man I think I'd wet myself if that happened I'd be so excited. I've never gotten to cheer on a former Orange player on my Hawks before and I'd love it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I can see them liking Dennis enough to trade down with us and maybe they throw in a second. But Dennis straight up for eight makes no sense. I hope they do it; but I won't believe it until I see it. Knight on the other hand proved he can score in this league last season; that seems more plausible.

Come on draft night!

I would think the Hawks would have to include the draft rights to Lucas or a future pick at the least. I won't be surprised if the Hawks go international again even if they stay at 15.

• Premium Member

Why would the Hawks be working out all of these PG's if it is Schröder? Looks like to me Teague is the starter and they would just keep Mack instead of spending first round money on a back up point.

Edited by Vol4ever

Why would the Hawks be working out all of these PG's if it is Schröder? Looks like to me Teague is the starter and they would just keep Mack instead of spending first round money on a back up point.

Because we'd basically flip Schröder for Ennis salary wise and have an extra year with Ennis on a rookie deal. I'd've stunned if Teague were moved after his playoff performance.

I'm calling it that we are going to make the Dennis for 8 swap. People on both ends will be surprised but we're going to do it. God willing Gordon will still be there at 8 and Ennis at 15. Man I think I'd wet myself if that happened I'd be so excited. I've never gotten to cheer on a former Orange player on my Hawks before and I'd love it.

Every mock I have seen has Ennis available at 15 if we want him. I do think Ferry is one of those GM's who does his due diligence. By working out every decent player that may be available, he not only gets to see them in person; but he does not tip his hand either.

Some GM may trade up just to make sure we don't take him. That would possibly help push another SG or SF down to us. Keeping your poker face on and being smart is what this is about; and if Ferry makes a move with Schröder or just thinks Ennis has a chance to be all world maybe you get your wish.

Edited by Buzzard

Every mock I have seen has Ennis available at 15 if we want him. I do think Ferry is one of those GM's who does his due diligence. By working out every decent player that may be available, he not only gets to see them in person; but he does not tip his hand either.

Some GM may trade up just to make sure we don't take him. That would possibly help push another SG or SF down to us. Keeping your poker face on and being smart is what this is about; and if Ferry makes a move with Schröder or just thinks Ennis has a chance to be all world maybe you get your wish.

I am hoping that is the case. Not that I'm anxious to see Dennis moved, but if it means getting Gordon AND my guy Ennis I'd be thrilled.

@Dolfan23 Since we're speculating on a move involving the Kings...say they came calling for Horford to further persuade Rudy Gay to opt in next year. What kind of deal, if any, do you think it would take?

@Jody23 I don't think there's a deal I'd make with the Kings with Horford involved unless they were shipping out Cousins. If I had to give you one though, I'd go Jason Terry, Derrick Williams, the #8 this year and a top 3 protected pick in 2016 for Horford. Terry and Williams are both expiring and we could probably flip them someplace else.

Me and Dolfan really don't see eye to eye. He loves Ennis, I am like meh on Ennis. I like him but I don't love him. I don't see the potential that he sees.

Because I saw him take a talent depleted Syracuse squad and get them to 24-0 with 2 wins in 2 weeks over Jabari Parker and Duke plus I saw him almost single handedly keep our winning streak alive a couple of times when we should have lost. He was worn out by the time the tournament rolled around from having to carry the team but the kid is a very good player and he's going to be an excellent PG in the NBA.

• Premium Member

@Jody23 I don't think there's a deal I'd make with the Kings with Horford involved unless they were shipping out Cousins. If I had to give you one though, I'd go Jason Terry, Derrick Williams, the #8 this year and a top 3 protected pick in 2016 for Horford. Terry and Williams are both expiring and we could probably flip them someplace else.

I like that idea although I would replace Williams or Terry with Ben Mclemore.

• Moderators

@Dolfan23 Since we're speculating on a move involving the Kings...say they came calling for Horford to further persuade Rudy Gay to opt in next year. What kind of deal, if any, do you think it would take?

Why would they need to make a trade to "further persuade Rudy Gay to opt in next year"?

Gay will get over 20M if he doesn't opt out. If he opts out he will 75% or less of that. He is a lock to be playing for the Kings next year, IMO, unless some GM goes insane and tells his agent they will make him out.

• Premium Member

Why would they need to make a trade to "further persuade Rudy Gay to opt in next year"?

Gay will get over 20M if he doesn't opt out. If he opts out he will 75% or less of that. He is a lock to be playing for the Kings next year, IMO, unless some GM goes insane and tells his agent they will make him out.

I know, but apparently they've met with him recently and have been trying to impress him which would suggest that they aren't completely sure he's going to stay.

That loss at home to my sorry GT squad negates all that. crazy.gif . Seriously, how in the nature f*ck did that happen?

Because I think we'd had 3-4 straight very tough comeback wins and it had to end sometime. Syracuse just weren't that good of a team to be the #1 team in the country and be undefeated.

I know, but apparently they've met with him recently and have been trying to impress him which would suggest that they aren't completely sure he's going to stay.

I'd be trying to get him to opt out if I were them. 20 million is a ton to pay him next year.

Yeah probably right. Y'all gonna be decent this year?

Honestly I have no idea. I didn't expect us to be anywhere near this good this year. Losing 2 extremely talented PG's 2 years in a row makes it hard to continue this success.

I kinda expect y'all to be above average in the ACC still though. Could be worse. You could be losing your best returning player to transfer even though he was expected to be your #1 option.

As long as Boeheim is coach we will always be at least above average.

Syracuse doesn't exactly have a great track record with their nba prospects. I was high on ennis and still like him, but the last 2 months of the season made me cool down a bit. I know some believe he got worn down and it was evident at times but the nba has 82+ games so it's not like things will get easier. I think he's a starter but his upside is no where near dennis Schröder's.

our pg and pf positions are practically set. Lets shift focus to wings and a center.