• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where there's trade smoke there's possibly fire

Admin

Wherever it may be, can't wait for Dennis to get a chance to prove some people wrong.

I'm not saying Dennis isn't going to be good. My question is, is he better than Teague in coach buds system? And to me the answer is no. Is he a more traditional pg than Teague? Yes but I don't think a traditional pg is what coach bud need in his system.

In all honesty those who watch the spurs should notice that there is no ball dominant player in the spurs system. Sometimes Parker runs point, sometimes ginobli runs point, sometimes it's diaw, and next year I bet coach pop will start allowing kwahi to run point.

If bud is going to run the spurs system here he needs more talent other than His point guards that can run the pick and roll or handle the ball to dribble drive kick out or whatever the hell he's going to do.

I think too many on hawksquawk feel that we are going to run a jerry Sloan or mike dantoni like system that requires a pg to dominate the ball and get the offense involved every possession but that's not what this spurs offense is....spurs truly use their sg ginobli and their point forward diaw as playmakers not just one man....Teague can pass the test as one of our playmakers but we need 2 more.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm not saying Dennis isn't going to be good. My question is, is he better than Teague in coach buds system? And to me the answer is no. Is he a more traditional pg than Teague? Yes but I don't think a traditional pg is what coach bud need in his system.

In all honesty those who watch the spurs should notice that there is no ball dominant player in the spurs system. Sometimes Parker runs point, sometimes ginobli runs point, sometimes it's diaw, and next year I bet coach pop will start allowing kwahi to run point.

If bud is going to run the spurs system here he needs more talent other than His point guards that can run the pick and roll or handle the ball to dribble drive kick out or whatever the hell he's going to do.

I think too many on hawksquawk feel that we are going to run a jerry Sloan or mike dantoni like system that requires a pg to dominate the ball and get the offense involved every possession but that's not what this spurs offense is....spurs truly use their sg ginobli and their point forward diaw as playmakers not just one man....Teague can pass the test as one of our playmakers but we need 2 more.

And you can make this conclusion on Dennis after one year? Right. And as far as this traditional point guard stuff goes, you're reaching. Tony Parker is more of a point guard than Teague is and you see how good he is in the "system". Let Dennis develop as a player before we come to a conclusion. The kids got plenty of ability to be successful for coach Bud. Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

The other part to that is that Dennis is a traditional hotdog. I know.. he's young. However, I think Bud really hates that. First he's not giving Bud exactly what he wants and second when he does get in, he hotdogs and doesn't play soundly. It might be too big of a stretch for a player that's traditional like Dennis to do the things that Bud wants. The other question is speed. Whether it's Teague, Parker, Mills, even Avery J (to some extent), Bud likes a PG with Speed. Those guys can break down defenses.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but are you saying Patty Mills has speed ?? The same guy they call Fatty Mills???

And Avery J wasn't fast at all he was a floor general that's why his nickname was the little general.

Parks has speed and so do we in Teague

In we can develop him we'll have out floor general in Dennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you can make this conclusion on Dennis after one year? Right. And as far as this traditional point guard stuff goes, you're reaching. Tony Parker is more of a point guard than Teague is and you see how good he is in the "system". Let Dennis develop as a player before we come to a conclusion. The kids got plenty of ability to be successful for coach Bud.

Reaching huh?...maybe so...you are right Parker is more of a point guard than Teague no arguing there but there's still a huge difference between Parker vs guys like cp3, Nash, Stockton (true point guards) no doubt about it.

How I view true point guards vs tony Parker:

True point guards main natural instincts is to pass first. There's no arguing there! Cp3, Nash, Stockton every time down the court they are looking to set up their team and pass the ball before doing anything else.

Tony Parker is a lot different. Parker's main instinct is to take what the defense gives him. That's not to say cp3, Nash, Stockton, or other true point guards forced the pass, I'm just saying that there's a reason tony Parker usually avg. around 6/7 assist vs these true point guards that avg 10-13 assist per game.

The spurs system allows Parker to be a true pint guard and a shoot first point guard and Parker knows how to handle the responsibility when it comes to taking that good open shot or passing to the open man or coming off a screen for back door passes or an off the screen mid range jumper, etc....while those guys are busy fancy passing Parker is doing it all on the court.

Now we d

And you can make this conclusion on Dennis after one year? Right. And as far as this traditional point guard stuff goes, you're reaching. Tony Parker is more of a point guard than Teague is and you see how good he is in the "system". Let Dennis develop as a player before we come to a conclusion. The kids got plenty of ability to be successful for coach Bud.

Reaching huh?...maybe so...you are right Parker is more of a point guard than Teague no arguing there but there's still a huge difference between Parker vs guys like cp3, Nash, Stockton (true point guards) no doubt about it.

How I view true point guards vs tony Parker:

True point guards main natural instincts is to pass first. There's no arguing there! Cp3, Nash, Stockton every time down the court they are looking to set up their team and pass the ball before doing anything else.

Tony Parker is a lot different. Parker's main instinct is to take what the defense gives him. That's not to say cp3, Nash, Stockton, or other true point guards forced the pass, I'm just saying that there's a reason tony Parker usually avg. around 6/7 assist vs these true point guards that avg 10-13 assist per game.

The spurs system allows Parker to be a true pint guard and a shoot first point guard and Parker knows how to handle the responsibility when it comes to taking that good open shot or passing to the open man or coming off a screen for back door passes or an off the screen mid range jumper, etc....while those guys are busy fancy passing Parker is doing it all on the court.

Now we don't know what Dennis is but I rather he not be under the label true point guard if he's going to stay a hawk.

I have no interest in keeping Jeff. I know what he is, he can go. Jeff is the one we know isn't the fit. Diesel can go to hell with his armchair analysis, he doesn't want Dennis and I do, he wants Jeff and I don't. It's that simple. I am enamored with Dennis potential and he isn't. He likes Jeff potential and I am like what potential?