• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford for Love?

Diesel

What are the head to head stats with Horford vs Love. Watching them over the years my memory makes me believe Al Horford wins that matchup more than 50% of the time.

No point in mentioning it. It's a forgone conclusion since Horf don't put of the numbers, he must not be any good. Hawks fans can be bigger tools than the average NBA fan. Live in the moment type of dudes.

Some are undervaluing Horford but this is a severe overvalue of him. Love is a bonafide superstar that puts up video game numbers on a nightly basis. He's a big man that can rebound like almost no one else in the league and a big man that can shoot as good as anyone in the league not named Kyle Korver. Those are things that fit our system and fill a void we need. Millsap was so effective for us because he developed an outside shot. In Bud's system, that is crucial; however we were near the bottom of the league in rebounding. Despite being a great outside shooter, Love somehow still averages double digit rebounding. He's got a knack for being in the right spot and boxing out.

James Harden puts up video game stats. Video game stats get you to the playoffs and over .500 constantly, call me. Horford is the ideal PF to me and I love him. I wouldn't take anyone at PF above him(aside from Duncan) and he is a true team player.

I ask skill-set wise what makes Love better and nothing that makes sense in comparison is said. If you want to say Love is a better scorer, I agree. Rebounder, passer, low post player. But Horf is better in more categories. So what he doesn't put up the numbers per say but I value him nonetheless. Especially since he is playing out of position with PG's with limited PG skills.

I am happy with Al. He needs to be healthy and no more freak injuries though,

• Moderators

What are the head to head stats with Horford vs Love. Watching them over the years my memory makes me believe Al Horford wins that matchup more than 50% of the time.

6 Games - Sample Size Is Not Significant

Horford 14.2 ppg, 55.9% TS% 10.8 rpg, 1.3 bpg

Love 17.8 ppg, 58.0% TS%,, 13.3 rpg, 0.0 bpg

Love has more points and more rebounds in 4 of the 6 games (not the same 4 games for each category). Atlanta is 6-0 against Minnesota in those games.

6 Games - Sample Size Is Not Significant

Horford 14.2 ppg, 55.9% TS% 10.8 rpg, 1.3 bpg

Love 17.8 ppg, 58.0% TS%,, 13.3 rpg, 0.0 bpg

Love has more points and more rebounds in 4 of the 6 games (not the same 4 games for each category). Atlanta is 6-0 against Minnesota in those games.

What about the Love-Horford match-up? Not the Hawks-Wolves Horf and Love statline. There was many times we had Smoove on Love and even recently Sap on Love. NBA.com usually has the charts for that match-up. Horford used to shut Love down more times than not.

• Moderators

The fact that this team kept winning when Al got hurt a few years ago stays with me. The team wasn't looking that impressive with him this year despite the fact that he was shooting the best of his career. Horford is the player you plug into a team that is already a threat to win the title... Sort of like Rasheed Wallace. But this team will never advance past the first or second round as the first or 2nd best player on a team. I don't care if you paired him with a prime Steve Nash. He is not getting out of the 2nd round as a top 2 player on a team.

Stiil, this is a lot to give up for Love. I don't think I want Martin... He gives up as many baskets as he scores.

This is one of the most balanced and unemotional posts I have ever seen from Hotlanta1981! Kudos!

• Like 2

• Moderators

What about the Love-Horford match-up? Not the Hawks-Wolves Horf and Love statline. There was many times we had Smoove on Love and even recently Sap on Love. NBA.com usually has the charts for that match-up. Horford used to shut Love down more times than not.

Good grief. How much work do you want me to do for you? Take one of the million posts you make on this thread and make it about these numbers.

Edit: That was harsh. Sorry about the tone.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

Good grief. How much work do you want me to do for you? Take one of the million posts you make on this thread and make it about these numbers.

Edit: That was harsh. Sorry about the tone.

Seeing that is like seeing an emotional and unbalanced post from you. You're literally polar opposites.

Wait, did that just happen? Are we in bizarro land here?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Looks like Minny cares more winning now than draft picks.

Edited by GameTime